• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Caning in schools

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I strongly support corporal punishment for all those punks that create trouble in school...

So Monster also agree. Now school system really haywired. When i was still in primary school, also kenna caned before at assembly for offence that i cannot remember liao. that time ard primary 5. Even girls also kenna caned, but by vice principal, who was female, inside her office.

As for secondary school, guys regularly got caned. Dunno abt girls as that time still a boys school.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better that they go thru corporal punishment at their formative years then be a scum to society and who knows one day end up with capital punishment...by then no turning back for them..

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Used to be that if a kid got caned in school, the parents would be supportive and probably go home for another round of caning.

Now, parents are more defensive and protective about their children. Some even threaten the teachers/principal with lawsuits. Heard of a case where a mother was throwing a tantrum and hollering that her husband was a bit shot lawyer... yakyakyak.

Like many other ills, it starts with the parents.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know that under certain circumstances, the principal is authorised to cane. Perhaps boys on buttocks and girls on hands. For brothers who imagin that girls been canned on buttocks, please go to London and attend one of those adult session.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if death penalty cant stop drug trafficking ..do you think that canning can be used to "tame " kids ? by the way , most of the prisons in other countries dont use " rotan " . some of the guys here have been brainwashed by LAU lee liao ....

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So Monster also agree. Now school system really haywired. When i was still in primary school, also kenna caned before at assembly for offence that i cannot remember liao. that time ard primary 5. Even girls also kenna caned, but by vice principal, who was female, inside her office.

As for secondary school, guys regularly got caned. Dunno abt girls as that time still a boys school.

times changes ...hope everyone knows that .. we cant be using violent to solve problem now . :rolleyes: .

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes after the pain comes the pleasure so dat is why girls are not caned to avoid them being too horny and doing it with the discplinary master.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
times changes ...hope everyone knows that .. we cant be using violent to solve problem now . :rolleyes: .

You obviously have not dealt with problem teens before. They are not rational adults who will listen to you. I'm aware of teachers' problems with punishing them too, and it's a bloody shame. Delinquents must be dealt with harshly - why break something that was not broken??

Part of the reason why parents are defensive now is because they hate the education system, and this is their way of getting back at it - threatening teachers and letting their kids get away with bad conduct. But this isn't the avenue for being so vindictive. In the end their kids will turn on THEM.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
remind me of those old days. when I was in Primary 4 (1990), - some chinese spelling stuffs. I can't remember what actually happen but I think I don't know what the male teacher teach and he actually give me a tight slap across the face.

I was the class top few chinese student back then, he's not exactly punishing someone who was testing his patience.

Maybe I'm old but it seem Pr 4 was the end of the corporal punishment, I can't remember anymore for me and others in Pr 5.6.

the good old young days...:smile:

Pele

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those days the teachers can slap or cane the students. Nowadays you can't even touch the pupils otherwise kena court case ah.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Used to be that if a kid got caned in school, the parents would be supportive and probably go home for another round of caning.

Now, parents are more defensive and protective about their children. Some even threaten the teachers/principal with lawsuits. Heard of a case where a mother was throwing a tantrum and hollering that her husband was a bit shot lawyer... yakyakyak.

Like many other ills, it starts with the parents.

yeah very true.. last time if kena caning in school, better die die keep quiet n try to hide from parents..

otherwise go home sure kena rd 2..:biggrin:

nowadays, kids dare their teachers to cane them..:confused:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sure changed, change for the worse. you a kid once, i sure u "respect" the cane that had stop u from doing things your parents disallow. just like now, Govt fines prevent you from many activites.:cool:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

how can caning be considered violent, this is just another form of discipline...once you condone rebellious acts by these punks, it will fester and grow till one day they will end up as scums bags of society...

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
remind me of those old days. when I was in Primary 4 (1990), - some chinese spelling stuffs. I can't remember what actually happen but I think I don't know what the male teacher teach and he actually give me a tight slap across the face.

yup i remembered in my primary schools days, we were rapped on the knuckles just for not knowing our chinese works...now that i do not condone becos end of the day instead of educating you are just turning the individual off in his studies...but i am all for corporal punishment to keep waywards punks in check...

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup i remembered in my primary schools days, we were rapped on the knuckles just for not knowing our chinese works...now that i do not condone becos end of the day instead of educating you are just turning the individual off in his studies...but i am all for corporal punishment to keep waywards punks in check...

almost similar situations... except that I said "Teacher Jia Jua" when she told us to study on our own and she was proceeding to go out of class 20mins before bell rings....kenna slapped on the right....almost wanted to offer my left cheek as she is Xtian...but then i remembered...I am prefect...one slap enuf lao kui liao...lol