• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cancer prevention and strategy for cure

Enjoy777

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have anybody did any research on the use of plastic bowls and plates?
Especially those worn out with the shiny surfaces totally gone.

These bowls and plates are made from, Melanmine, the milk powder poisoning in China.

We use them everyday in hawker centres, even the chopsticks, which were previously made from wood.

Do we ingest some of the plastics thus increasing the risk on cancer in us?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You take so much pills, will they cause problems like stone in the liver and kidneys?

I avoid taking drugs from the big pharma like statins & plavix. All these drugs are toxic & have side effects. These are the kind of pills that burden the liver. That's why you need a doctor's prescription for these drugs.

Supplements like antioxidants are not not toxic & help the body combat the bad things in our environment. They are derived from natural & organic sources e.g. natural cold press oils in capsuls, fruit extracts in pill form, resveratrol, vitamins, CoQ10, etc.

Even the herbs I'm taking are considered safe & beneficial e.g. hawthorn, Gingko, garlic, ginger,..

As for getting kidney stones, I think it's your diet & the family history that determines if you get kidney stones? My mother has been taking supplements for years & years and she's one of the healthiest persons I know.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

These bowls and plates are made from, Melanmine, the milk powder poisoning in China.

We use them everyday in hawker centres, even the chopsticks, which were previously made from wood.

Ever watched a program that said all those wooden chopsticks have been bleached with chemical to prevent the wood from going bad. So best to avoid usage.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I take at least 20 pills a day. Even when I go on trips I make sure to at least take along the multi-vitamins.
I've been through the hospital system & don't want to do a repeat.

I have tried to reduce but it caused "problems". You have to invest in your own health.
Many Sporeans think nothing of investing in a car, clothes, house & yet scrimp on healthy foods & supplements.
They see the results of this when they get older. If you hang around NUS you'll many see uncles/aunties with various problems.

Yes investing in health is a must. Most important not to lose mobility when old.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes investing in health is a must. Most important not to lose mobility when old.

When you lose mobility your muscles atrophy from not being used. When I was stuck in a wheelchair for 2 months, the physiotherapist made me do lots of non-weight bearing exercises. Once my femurs healed I had to learn to walk from scratch again . There were alot of senior citizens in the rehab hospital & the physios had a tough time getting them to do the exercises because of the pain.

This thread is about cancer prevention & some may wonder why heart health is relevant?
Health is a collective term, when one is healthy one won't be experiencing problems like cancer or heart problems. If you have a problem with your heart, you'd better start worrying about the other parts of your body.

According to the National Foundation for Cancer Research of the US:
"an inadequate intake of essential micronutrients may increase the risk for cancer. Their scientific data indicate that nutritional factors may contribute to up to 60 percent of all cancer cases in the world"
This is from a book I just received from Amazon, "The Life Plan" by Jeffrey S. Life M.D, Ph.D. If you look at the cover of the book, that muscular guy is in his 70's & if he can do it, why not others :smile:

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Plan-Ach...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315469880&sr=1-1

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree fully.

That's why people at our vintage has to be active.

As for me, I drink 2 glasses of water with a dash of lemon first thing in the morning, followed by stretching exercise. 30 mins later, do 500 squats and 30 mins brisk walking.:smile::biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The styrofoam packing used to tau pau foods is unhealthy. Even the plastic bottles that water is package in is unhealthy. It's impossible to avoid exposure from all these man made substances in our environment.

In the past our bodies were able to cleanse itself as long as we had a proper diet. However with the vast amounts of pollution from man made chemicals/substances now out there, we have to assist our bodies with supplementation & exercise. Advise people to educate themselves on why detoxing is important.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you lose mobility your muscles atrophy from not being used. When I was stuck in a wheelchair for 2 months, the physiotherapist made me do lots of non-weight bearing exercises. Once my femurs healed I had to learn to walk from scratch again . There were alot of senior citizens in the rehab hospital & the physios had a tough time getting them to do the exercises because of the pain.

This thread is about cancer prevention & some may wonder why heart health is relevant?
Health is a collective term, when one is healthy one won't be experiencing problems like cancer or heart problems. If you have a problem with your heart, you'd better start worrying about the other parts of your body.

According to the National Foundation for Cancer Research of the US:
"an inadequate intake of essential micronutrients may increase the risk for cancer. Their scientific data indicate that nutritional factors may contribute to up to 60 percent of all cancer cases in the world"
This is from a book I just received from Amazon, "The Life Plan" by Jeffrey S. Life M.D, Ph.D. If you look at the cover of the book, that muscular guy is in his 70's & if he can do it, why not others :smile:

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Plan-Ach...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315469880&sr=1-1

Need to use wheelchair for 2 months, can imagine must be tough! I also ever had an accident and ended with a right collar bone fracture. Alot of things taken for granted became very difficulty. Like couldn't sleep properly for the two months due to couldn't sleep on my right side (and i don't sleep on my left side usually). Couldn't move my right arm, means bathing very difficulty- couldn't scrub the back of body properly. Even turning on the tap became difficulty, couldn't move my arm and body forward means couldn't reach the tap! And yes there was muscle atrophy and need to do physiotherapy for a period. Mobility really essential to quality of life!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree fully.

That's why people at our vintage has to be active.

As for me, I drink 2 glasses of water with a dash of lemon first thing in the morning, followed by stretching exercise. 30 mins later, do 500 squats and 30 mins brisk walking.:smile::biggrin:

I do that too, heehee but just the part on drinking 2 glasses of water first thing in the morning!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is anyone taking Beiklin Red Yeast Rice supplements for better blood circulation? Any positive results:confused: Thinking on taking it on daily basis? Any better recommendations or the aforementioned is ok?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is anyone taking Beiklin Red Yeast Rice supplements for better blood circulation? Any positive results:confused: Thinking on taking it on daily basis? Any better recommendations or the aforementioned is ok?

Statin drugs are made from Red Yeast Rice. These drugs are used to control cholesterol. One of the side effects is to lower CoQ10 levels in the body. If you are taking Red Yeast Rice I suggest supplementing with C0Q1o to counter this effect.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the advise. I googled CoQ10 and I found out the effects of its deficiencies liao.:smile:

Statin drugs are made from Red Yeast Rice. These drugs are used to control cholesterol. One of the side effects is to lower CoQ10 levels in the body. If you are taking Red Yeast Rice I suggest supplementing with C0Q1o to counter this effect.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drink coffee to help fight cancer.

Below a extract of article in Yahoo news dated 17/09/2011, singapore.

When scientists mixed coffee and cancer, they found some startling results. During experiments, coffee showed antiproliferative effects on cancer cells. That is, it stopped the cancer cells from multiplying. Some of the cancer cells even killed itself in the face of coffee.

Other studies showed that caffeine also increases the effectiveness of radiation therapy and tumoricidal drugs.

This is all very revolutionary because cancer destroys your body by mutating your normal body cells into cancer cells. If you can stop the cancer cells from spreading, you’ve got one step in the right door towards curing cancer.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When scientists mixed coffee and cancer, they found some startling results. During experiments, coffee showed antiproliferative effects on cancer cells. That is, it stopped the cancer cells from multiplying. Some of the cancer cells even killed itself in the face of coffee.

Other studies showed that caffeine also increases the effectiveness of radiation therapy and tumoricidal drugs.

This is all very revolutionary because cancer destroys your body by mutating your normal body cells into cancer cells. If you can stop the cancer cells from spreading, you’ve got one step in the right door towards curing cancer.

Just take cottage cheese with flax oil.

http://www.beckwithfamily.com/Flax1.html
http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/Tre...iveMedicine/HerbsVitaminsandMinerals/flaxseed

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Does that mean all cancer patients have to do is to just drink coffee? Nonsense. These scientists used isolated substances which are stronger than what we could derive from eating alone. Dietary nutrients are overrated. Counterintuitive as it sounds, what you put into your mouth would hurt you but what you didn't put into your mouth would be much less harmful. Vegetables and fruits won't save you if you eat oily food everyday. And genes are much more important than lifestyle choices.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nonsense? I hope you can maintain your arrogance, mr/ms know-it-all. When a person is strickened with cancer, their loved ones and themselves will clutch at all possible remedies if they have not already given up hope.

Does that mean all cancer patients have to do is to just drink coffee? Nonsense. These scientists used isolated substances which are stronger than what we could derive from eating alone. Dietary nutrients are overrated. Counterintuitive as it sounds, what you put into your mouth would hurt you but what you didn't put into your mouth would be much less harmful. Vegetables and fruits won't save you if you eat oily food everyday. And genes are much more important than lifestyle choices.

Last edited:

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/10/eveningnews/main20090911.shtml

(CBS News) A small medical study out today is generating a huge amount of excitement among cancer researchers. For the first time, scientists have been able to successfully target cancer cells by using cells from a patient's own immune system.
CBS News medical correspondent Dr. Jon LaPook reports that that the small study produced what researchers call "proof of concept." It's a whole new way, of treating cancer.

Researchers engineered a patient's own immune cells to treat a type of blood cancer called chronic lymphocytic leukemia, or CLL.

CLL affects nearly 15,000 men and women a year and more than 4,000 will die from it.

For years, researchers have been trying to figure out a way to kill cancer cells using a patient's own immune system. On Wednesday, Dr. Carl June and his team at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine claimed a victory in that effort.

"This is a form of what I would call ultimate personal therapy. That's a wave of the future," June says.

CLL is a type of blood cancer. The only known cure is a bone marrow transplant, which is risky, and only effective in about half of patients.

In this new approach, scientists used the patient's own T-cells - white blood cells that help fight infections such as bacteria. Scientists remove the T-cells, genetically reprogram them to attack leukemia cells, and inject them back into the patient.

Researchers treated three patients with CLL. In two, the cancer cells were completely gone six months after the immune therapy.

"The clinical doctor involved in this was astonished and so were the patients that a single infusion of the cells could have such pronounced anti-tumor effects in the patients," Dr. June says.

This new treatment does have significant side-effects. The most common is a very bad flu-like illness, but so far all 3 patients - who had incurable leukemia and no other options - are doing well about a year after treatment.

This form of treatment is like giving a scent to a bloodhound. These T-cells have been given the scent of the leukemia cells and go hunt them down. The hope is to give T-cells the scent of colon cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer and train them go out and kill all kinds of cancers.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Johnny333,

Much thanks for introducing the iherb website, besides supplement, there are many things, already placed my second order a month ago and bought some walnuts, mosturising almond oil, and detergent. I am very satisfied with all these purchases at reasonable price and good quality. Especially the calcium supplement, I have been taking for about one and half month and confirm it is not heaty and doesn't cause constipation, not like the Biocalth that I tried last time. :smile:

Do you know what is the usual frequency of their free shipping offer? Is it anytime soon? I missed it when I placed my second order and cost me Usd6. Going to place another order, thought of waiting a few days if free shipping is coming soon.