• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cancel All His DBS Credit Card Says Mr. Wang. Reason is New Aware Chief Woh!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
While this AWARE NONSENSE is going on, please be reminded that SIngapore's economy is going DOWN and DOWN. Our mfg EXPORTS are DOWN a WHOPPING RECORd minus 30% over. WOW!

AWARE - And Why You Should Cancel Your DBS Credit Cards

April 25, 2009
Aware saga
Disagree? Form own group

Founders say those who disagree with Aware's issues should form own group
By Nur Dianah Suhaimi

FOUNDERS and longtime members of the Association of Women for Action and Research on Friday slammed the new women in charge for the way they seized power on March 28.

Founder member and former nominated member of parliament Kanwaljit Soin said: 'It is not just a women's issue but the whole issue of how civil society actors behave in Singapore.

'If the new members do not agree with Aware's issues, then they should not join. There is plenty of room to start another organisation.'

In a statement, the old guard attacked the way in which a group of unknown new members showed up at the annual general meeting and put a set of new faces in charge.

If they were unhappy with Aware, they could have complained, invited Aware to a seminar to discuss its programmes, or even written to the media.

'Instead, these women joined Aware in the few months before the AGM and then voted their representatives into the executive committee - without giving any indication that they were acting together. They continued with this stance until Thursday when they told the truth.

'This cannot be the way forward for Singapore. We cannot have people acting like moral vigilantes running around and taking over established organisations.'

...... The old guard said: 'If Dr Thio and her mentees feel that Aware has strayed from its original aims, or that some of the programmes are unsuitable, then go ahead and criticise Aware, but do so openly.

'Better still, form their own association to offer parallel programmes with what they see as the right messages, and let the public choose which they prefer. Their motives and actions will then be visible to all, there will be transparency and accountability.'

I have a lot of respect for Kanwaljit Soin. Through the years, time and time again, I've come across her views on a variety of social issues. And I find that she speaks with a lot of clarity, conviction and good sense. In fact, when I was still a law student, I even had to study Kanwaljit's views. Her speeches and articles formed part of the Family Law syllabus at the NUS Law Faculty.

Today, Kanwaljit is once again her usual self. She slices through all the distracting smoke and fluff around the Aware saga, and gets straight to the heart of the matter. I agree fully with her. In my opinion, the new Aware ExCo has no credibility. They deserve no respect.

Yes, the new ExCo team employed a certain strategy and they won the Aware election. And yes, their strategy was constitutional and legally "correct". But it merely reminds me of the PAP's gerrymandering tactics - the way they brazenly redrew the maps, changed the electoral boundaries to their own advantage, and forced their way to election victories.

Those PAP tactics were also constitutional and legally "correct". But those tactics carry no sense of integrity and deserve no respect. At any rate, they won't gain my respect.

I feel exactly the same way about how the new ExCo members have invaded Aware. Their strategy is as honorable as a terrorist attack.

As you probably know by now, the new ExCo chairperson is Josie Lau. She works at DBS, marketing credit cards. Today, for what it's worth, I am going to make a small, symbolic gesture as a DBS customer.

I will call DBS and terminate my credit cards. The DBS person on the line will ask me why (they always ask for that kind of customer feedback). And I will say that it's because of their Head of Marketing, Josie Lau.

I will say that I have a very poor opinion of her behaviour in the Aware saga, and that for that reason, I have decided to stop using DBS credit cards. Furthermore I will request for my feedback to be given to DBS's senior management.

It's a matter of principle. I am only one customer. But I will do what I think is right.

I hope that those of you who share my views about the new Aware ExCo, and who happen to be DBS customers, will do the same. In addition, I hope that you will forward my blog post to your friends and colleagues, and urge them to do the same too.

http://mrwangsaysso.blogspot.com/2009/04/aware-and-why-you-should-cancel-your.html#comments

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for giving this post here.

I will give my feedback to DBS that they do not need to bother about those who use underhanded tactics to attack others.

Such tactics are despicable and used by despicable people.

For every credit card that is cancelled by such people, i will be an activist and get others to sign up with DBS.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I will call DBS and terminate my credit cards. The DBS person on the line will ask me why (they always ask for that kind of customer feedback). And I will say that it's because of their Head of Marketing, Josie Lau. ...
while u r @ it ... mite as well oso ...

. withdraw all ur deposits etc fr deebeeass ...
. withdraw all ur deposits etc fr peeoohassbee ...
. sell all ur deebeeass shares ...
. sell evryting dat deebeeass is involved in ...
. dun wok in2 any bldg owned by deebeeass ...

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
while u r @ it ... mite as well oso ...

. withdraw all ur deposits etc fr deebeeass ...
. withdraw all ur deposits etc fr peeoohassbee ...
. sell all ur deebeeass shares ...
. sell evryting dat deebeeass is involved in ...
. dun wok in2 any bldg owned by deebeeass ...

HELLO! Not my view points ah. It's Mr. Wang's.

I am still undecided. Still cannot tell which is pro-MIW and which is NOT. Really toopid suddenly.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there a need to cancel your DBS credit card? It would be plain stupid to do so. Josie does not represent DBS in AWARE.
Anyway I salute her and her capable team for taking over the helm of the association to steer it to it's right track.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This Wang fellow is trying to feel self-important.

He can tell the DBS Customer Service his long theory and even read a thesis, the DBS CS staff won't even bother to escalate it. The staff probably thinks that this Wang guy is some kind of nuts!!

Btw, if Wang's Credit Card account has been inactive, the cancellation lagi better for DBS. They need not spend a few dollars more to maintain an inactive account!

Actually DBS or any other banks (even Bank of China Singapore) won't bother if one or two or ten customers cancel their Credit Cards. Of course officially they will say every customer counts....

Even if Wang cancels all his DBS accounts and short DBS shares big time (in his own context), it wouldn't make a difference!!

Worst, if his Credit History is lousy. In difficult times like this, other banks may not approve him a card. In times of real needs, he jia lat liao!!

Wang should work on his inflated ego!

(by the RED that I used being pro Thai-UDD red and not silly DBS red)

:mad:

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read somewhere that Mr Wang is a self profess gay lover. He's 99% gay himself.. I think

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am not a supporter of PAP or DBS or AWARE-old guard or AWARE-new guard or AWARE-no guard or AWARE-on guard.

but you all want to cancel your DBS credit card and close your savings account? what about all your Giro payments? what about your POSB accounts? POSB is also DBS what?

close this DBS account, close that DBS credit card, you all want DBS to become like Lehman brothers is it?

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Wang fellow is trying to feel self-important.
:mad:

basically this Wang fella wants to tekan Josie Lau. he wants to pressure the public to cancel and close their DBS cards and accounts, make DBS lose customers and businesses, and indirectly force them to terminate the services of Josie Lau.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
"an eye for an eye" this is ugly human being difference from animal.
I will suggest that Ms Josie should stay apart from the trouble water or else the public will have a miss conception that you are one of the actor involve in the conspiracy to
topple the old guard.
I had seen my friend was force out of his chairman post by a conspired group in a secular organisation 10 years ago, however, untill today he still hate the new chairman, sad right!

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
basically this Wang fella wants to tekan Josie Lau. he wants to pressure the public to cancel and close their DBS cards and accounts, make DBS lose customers and businesses, and indirectly force them to terminate the services of Josie Lau.

Only petty woman and gay guy would do something like this.. so gay, so must anger