• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can the PAPee Dogs Be Any More Silly Than This?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>S'pore Day in London
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><TR>Some 12,000 people turn up for event that celebrates all things Singaporean </TR><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Alison de Souza
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ERP-OSU.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

The ERP gantry at the entrance of yesterday's Singapore Day event in London was a tongue-in-cheek reminder of home for the overseas Singaporeans who attended. The event also saw performances by Singaporean artistes, stalls selling popular hawker foods, and informative installations on the latest developments back home. -- PHOTO: OVERSEAS SINGAPOREAN UNIT
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->London - Britain's busiest train station reverberated with lots of 'lahs' and 'lors' yesterday morning.
Scores of Singaporeans were there to catch trains for south-west London. They were headed for Hampton Court Palace where this year's Singapore Day was held.
Neurosurgeon Vinothini Apok, 28, who has lived in Britain for nine years, said: 'I am looking forward to being among the unique social mix that defined my childhood and early adolescence again.'
Some 12,000 Singaporeans who live and work in Britain, and even from other parts of Europe, attended the event organised by the Singapore Government at an estimated cost of S$6 million.

=> Sure no leegalized corruption?

A small army of hawkers, performers, civil servants and other support staff was flown in to pull it off.
The grounds of the palace were turned into a mini version of Singapore, with areas marked 'Clarke Quay', 'Tanglin', 'Katong', 'Dempsey Hill' and 'Lau Pa Sat'.
Filmmaker Eric Khoo, the event's creative director, had overseen every detail.
His tongue-in-cheek touches included an ERP (Electronic Road Pricing) gantry at the main entrance and, in the goodie bags distributed, packets of wet wipes labelled 'Chope!'
The space was designed around displays and interactive installations to update Singaporeans on the latest developments back home, from education to national service.
People could sign up to become volunteers at the 2010 Youth Olympic Games which will be held in Singapore, or join one of the Singapore associations abroad.
Singapore employers were also on hand recruiting for jobs in health care, law, finance and the public sector.

=> Ang mohs: THANK YOU!

What clearly marked it as a Singaporean event, however, was the food. For many, it was the highlight of the day.
Orderly queues formed at stalls where hawkers hand-picked by food guru K.F. Seetoh dished out plate after plate of some of the Republic's finest street food: 328 Katong Laksa, Hill Street Char Kway Teow, Wee Nam Kee chicken rice, Casuarina Prata and Abdul Salam Indian rojak.
The crowd then sat on picnic mats to be entertained by home- grown artistes at a show hosted by Adrian Pang and Michelle Chong.
The food and in-jokes were well received but many had come for something more - a piece of home.
Ms MeeLee Thean, a programme coordinator in Amsterdam, had made the trip to London with her Dutch husband.
'Having lived in Europe for almost 10 years has not changed me at all and I am still very much a Singaporean,' said the 47-year-old.
Mr Chew Chee Keong, 30, had flown in from Geneva, where he works for the World Health Organisation.
Living abroad has added an extra dimension to his identity as a Singaporean, he said.
'When talking to colleagues or friends of other nationalities, I feel an enthusiasm and a great sense of pride to share with them what makes this little red dot that we call home, and where our roots are, so special to me.'
There are some 150,000 Singaporean citizens living abroad.

=> Why are the Papayas so afraid to reveal the the truth?

The first Singapore Day, held in New York's Central Park in 2007, drew 6,000, and the one in Melbourne last year attracted 11,000.
Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng, who toured the venue wearing a red hoodie sporting the event logo, 'I (Heart) SG', said: 'We have a big Singaporean diaspora overseas, and in good times or bad, we should continue to keep in touch with them.'

=> Guise for taxpayer-funded Jiat hong trip?
[email protected]