• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can someone please be telling me who is........?

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am reading in the newspaper today have a Senior Minister Jayakumar saying to reporters that election lose of Foreign Minister George Yeo is a loss to Singapore.

Who is this Senior Minister Jayakumar? Which constituency did he contesting?
I have looking through all the 87 constituency and I am not finding any candidate name Jayakumar.

Is it Senior Minister no need to be election? :confused:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am reading in the newspaper today have a Senior Minister Jayakumar saying to reporters that election lose of Foreign Minister George Yeo is a loss to Singapore.

Who is this Senior Minister Jayakumar? Which constituency did he contesting?
I have looking through all the 87 constituency and I am not finding any candidate name Jayakumar.

Is it Senior Minister no need to be election? :confused:

He actually stepped down--was in East Coast or something

So he is actually out of parliament even before the election

They sent him cause there's no one else--they all knew Georgy would be kicked out and TPL would enter

jw5

Loyal
SM Jayakumar was elected mp of East Coast GRC in the 2006 elections.
He is retiring, hence did not stand in the 2011 elections.
All ministars will remain in their posts until the new cabinet is announced and the next parliament is convened. Hence he is rightfully still a ministar.
In fact, he's the only current full ministar besides LBH who's retiring and not contesting the elections, that was probably why he went to the asean summit.