• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can somebody explain why claypot rice is so fucking expensive ?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
because in the traditional cunto method lice is cooked in claypot from scratch. and the cook must constantly stir and turn it. very time consuming and labor intensive. i shortcut the process by steaming the lice first in a lice cooker, sautéing the meat and garlic with oil in the claypot next, and then adding lice and stirring the mixture with garnish, soy sauce, and sesame seed oil. shiok! like this, lice is more consistent and fluffier all around with some lice caramelized but easier to scoop out. plus, flavor and drippings of meat and garlic are not burnt beyond recognition, are being infused and absorbed by lice, and are not stuck at the bottom of claypot like carcinogenic scum. most important of all i’m able to makan all ingredients, enjoy the flavor without destroying or burning 69% of contents, and finish cooking at 69% less time.
This is real claypot rice

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I go to this particular store in JB if I want to eat claypot rice. Only SGD 3.20. Got huge chunks of salted fish in it. Chicken also meaty not like our local stores where the chicken pieces are mostly bones.

Psycho

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinatown one is good, but close down already right? SG ones are ex, may be due to import of ingridients. Go Malaysia, batter taste and more value for money.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I go to this particular store in JB if I want to eat claypot rice. Only SGD 3.20. Got huge chunks of salted fish in it. Chicken also meaty not like our local stores where the chicken pieces are mostly bones.
can share the lobang? :biggrin:

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably ate less than 10 times in my entire life. I simply don't see the appeal of eating a simple mixture of charred rice and assorted meat in a claypot. This one's at Holland market and was very popular when it was located near Clementi MRT.

View attachment 188299
Each rice portion is cooked individually in a freaking pot, hence a lot of effort is involved in the preparation,, monitoring, cooking and maintenance of the pot and serving items which will take up a lot of space.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Each rice portion is cooked individually in a freaking pot, hence a lot of effort is involved in the preparation,, monitoring, cooking and maintenance of the pot and serving items which will take up a lot of space.

My gripe is that I'm paying a lot of money to eat chow-tar rice. You're basically scraping the barrel for the 精华.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Probably ate less than 10 times in my entire life. I simply don't see the appeal of eating a simple mixture of charred rice and assorted meat in a claypot. This one's at Holland market and was very popular when it was located near Clementi MRT.

View attachment 188299

when the carrots keep coming...............then keep chopping lor.................

i like prata a lot.................but i totally stop eating when prices when up to 70 cents...................i think 20 years liao, i never eat............

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you know. There is a halal version.

For such food, halal version = crippled version. Similar to actual Olympics vs Special Olympics.

As long as you get a gold medal (fill your stomach) it doesn't really matter, no? :wink:

5k59bk.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My top 3 claypot rice shops in KL, not in order:

1) Heun Kee, near the red light district and a busy highway flyover.
2) Hong Kee, Chinatown area, push cart.
3) Wei Ji, northeast KL suburbs, opposite a Chinese school.

Heun+Kee.JPG
31436745991_f419d891bc_b.jpg
AF1QipOYH4lSu4QcLHXklpqy9msBhvhso1AB03VC4yDp=s0

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
My top 3 claypot rice shops in KL, not in order:

1) Heun Kee, near the red light district and a busy highway flyover.
2) Hong Kee, Chinatown area, push cart.
3) Wei Ji, northeast KL suburbs, opposite a Chinese school.

Heun+Kee.JPG
31436745991_f419d891bc_b.jpg
AF1QipOYH4lSu4QcLHXklpqy9msBhvhso1AB03VC4yDp=s0
They got clay pot fish curry. I can live with that.

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
claypot rice iz a want not a need. btw iz ze beach road hc claypot rice still ze bestest or m i out of touch? :biggrin: