• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can somebody explain why claypot rice is so fucking expensive ?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Probably ate less than 10 times in my entire life. I simply don't see the appeal of eating a simple mixture of charred rice and assorted meat in a claypot. This one's at Holland market and was very popular when it was located near Clementi MRT.

Claypot.jpg

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
because in the traditional cunto method lice is cooked in claypot from scratch. and the cook must constantly stir and turn it. very time consuming and labor intensive. i shortcut the process by steaming the lice first in a lice cooker, sautéing the meat and garlic with oil in the claypot next, and then adding lice and stirring the mixture with garnish, soy sauce, and sesame seed oil. shiok! like this, lice is more consistent and fluffier all around with some lice caramelized but easier to scoop out. plus, flavor and drippings of meat and garlic are not burnt beyond recognition, are being infused and absorbed by lice, and are not stuck at the bottom of claypot like carcinogenic scum. most important of all i’m able to makan all ingredients, enjoy the flavor without destroying or burning 69% of contents, and finish cooking at 69% less time.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably ate less than 10 times in my entire life. I simply don't see the appeal of eating a simple mixture of charred rice and assorted meat in a claypot. This one's at Holland market and was very popular when it was located near Clementi MRT.

View attachment 188299
It is a low ses food back in Tiongkok.

My grandma loved it as it remind her of her home town, but it was also not cheap back in 1980s i remebered it cost $7 per pot sold at a backlane near DongFang Cinema at Chinatown

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At that price range, you might as well go to Sentosa and go to the Malaysian food court near the spinning Universal Studios globe.

Claypot-chicken-rice-singapore-17.jpg