• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

can one survive on eating only once a day?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only is it possible it's actually far better for the health.

I skipped breakfast and lunch for a whole month and ate only during a 4 hour window between 5 and 8 pm. The result was a 5kg weight loss, HbA1C reduction from 40 to 32 and a reduction in blood pressure by more than 10mm Hg.

Having achieved my weight goal I have now settled down to a 16/8 fasting pattern so it is lunch at 2 pm, dinner around 7 to 8 pm and no calories between 8pm and 2pm the following day.
It also depends whether your dinner or lunch is purely junk food after breaking fast. I know of people who ate fried kway Teow after fasting.

Norty

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been fighting with my weight for several years and I've tried many diets. Eating once a day is not good for your health. It is better to go for intermittent fasting and do it properly if you are ready to make big pauses between meals. I personally feel sick if I don't eat on time. I decided to buy wegovy online and lose weight gradually. Together with regular exercise and the right nutrition, I already see the result.

Last edited:

adaliedn

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think so, but what's the point? For example, I really wanted to lose weight before an important photo shoot. I found https://betterme.world/articles/36-hour-fast/ and decided to give it a try. It helped me to look beautiful, but of course, to look like this always requires diet and exercise. So now I exercise regularly and eat healthy food

Last edited:

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ownself cook is the best Singapore outside food standard drop to shit after 9% GST, avoid all Chinese food outside cook until damn oily ingredients not fresh, even Malay Ayam Penyet quality down, if wanna eat outside only Japanese or Korean not those in foodcourt, standalone eateries or restaurants

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only is it possible it's actually far better for the health.

I skipped breakfast and lunch for a whole month and ate only during a 4 hour window between 5 and 8 pm. The result was a 5kg weight loss, HbA1C reduction from 40 to 32 and a reduction in blood pressure by more than 10mm Hg.

Having achieved my weight goal I have now settled down to a 16/8 fasting pattern so it is lunch at 2 pm, dinner around 7 to 8 pm and no calories between 8pm and 2pm the following day.

Try it for yourself you'll be amazed at the results.

But beware! for those who have built muscles, the muscles may waste away.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've been fighting with my weight for several years and I've tried many diets. Eating once a day is not good for your health. It is better to go for intermittent fasting and do it in a proper way if you are ready to make big pauses between meals.
start with 69% of every meal every 6.9 days. then 69% of meals per day. then 69% of meals per 6.9 days. sure kena 69.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
my advise is still dun do one meal a day for long, two peoples i know who ate one meal a day die of stomach cancer
it depends on how they do it. if they do it incorrectly, it will shock the system. I know one who eat one meal a day daily and nothing happen to the person.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Not true la. If you are building muscles, you can't do OMAD(one meal a day)

You need 3 meals of good proteins

It depends what you mean by "building muscles". I had no problems increasing strength AND losing weight when I was doing 20/4 fasting middle of last year.

However for competitive body building I cannot comment because I have zero experience in this area.

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends what you mean by "building muscles". I had no problems increasing strength AND losing weight when I was doing 20/4 fasting middle of last year.

However for competitive body building I cannot comment because I have zero experience in this area.

Nobody talks about competitive body building. I am just talking about building up muscle

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Nobody talks about competitive body building. I am just talking about building up muscle

Then you don't know what you're talking about. Building muscle while practicing OMAD fasting is perfectly doable. I did it myself over 6 weeks.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
One should stop eating after dinner.
For example, the last meal for the day is 7p.m. You should only drink water plain.
Fast for 16 hours at least, and your next meal will 2 p.m next day.
Follow this formula, you be cutting down a lot of weight in no time.