• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can an aged 28 appeal to MP and be a taxi uncle?

mascott

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have applied and attended countless interviews. And with my status as a bankrupt, NO company (inclusive all GOVT agencies) is taking the risk to hire me. Even i am willing to take a 20% pay cut, work 10 hrs a day, no one is willing to offer me a job!

I can't accept a lower paid job because of my family committments and hdb loan (i just bought a 4 room hdb before i got retrenched).

i have fulfilled all, but one requirement to apply for a taxi vocational driver. i am only aged 28. With all bills stacking, is it possible for me to appeal to LTA via MP to grant me a taxi license? I am willing to work hard to support my family.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,you can try but i doubt they will allow you to drive at age 28,as the rule is 30 years of age. Dun fret!You are still young,wait for your job opportunity. My advice is that when you reach 30.get the licence. One thing I learnt abt this taxi trade is that you won't starve. Abt last mth,I was talking to this lady who claimed to have graduated from Oxford majoring in journalism,appraently,she has been sitting ard at home for almost a year. So you are not worst of.:smile:

I have applied and attended countless interviews. And with my status as a bankrupt, NO company (inclusive all GOVT agencies) is taking the risk to hire me. Even i am willing to take a 20% pay cut, work 10 hrs a day, no one is willing to offer me a job!

I can't accept a lower paid job because of my family committments and hdb loan (i just bought a 4 room hdb before i got retrenched).

i have fulfilled all, but one requirement to apply for a taxi vocational driver. i am only aged 28. With all bills stacking, is it possible for me to appeal to LTA via MP to grant me a taxi license? I am willing to work hard to support my family.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Co-rent/sub lease the taxii from the main owner if you really bo bian. Work around solution lah but dont kana caught lor.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
You last drawn salary is $3000, how do you get urself into bankruptcy? Gambing? Soccer betting?:rolleyes:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

I have told George Yeo, Rules are made to facilitate order but not to undermine human dignity.

Goh Meng Seng

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey bro, u are in the same shoes as my cousin. You guys are about the same ago. Between real estate and tourist guide, he gets in some income every month to get by. His marriage plan got shelved for the moment, but at least it is better than just staying at home and not doing anything.
I want to encourage you by reading Professor Cai Mingjie's blog. http://taxidiary.blogspot.com/

He is a PhD holder from a well known university in the US (Stanford, or Harvard, or one of those). He was formerly at the AStar. Keep on walking on, for yourself and your family. all the best to you.

nexgen

Mascot, I am not trying to compare with you in anyway. You lost your job for less than a year only. I have been jobless since I got retrenched in 2006!!!!:mad:

I had even proven to lots and lots of people that want to know about my employment status by showing them how many thousands of resumes I had sent out!

I had since lost my car, lost my flat, pawned everything and anything I have. 2 school going kids, with a diploma in Business with regional sales experience, and yet I can't get a job.

Don't say what, I am so embarrassed now that I need to take money from my parents, siblings and wife just to take bus and mrt to job interviews.

Yes...got job...THEY ask you go work cheap cheap job, pay you $1500 and expect you to feed your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many times, I feel like ending my life, but when I think of my wife, kids...I scold myself for having the thoughts.

Now, maybe I even need to leave this place to another country just to get a job that pay me enough to feed my family.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
investment. was doing pretty good... got a car and almost commit to a condo.

I see..I once was bankrupt during the 1997 Asia fianiancial Crisis, I stay alive make a come back and now everyday swim to spend my time.
Peter Lim : Market will always be there, but make sure you stay alive

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mascot, I am not trying to compare with you in anyway. You lost your job for less than a year only. I have been jobless since I got retrenched in 2006!!!!:mad:

I had even proven to lots and lots of people that want to know about my employment status by showing them how many thousands of resumes I had sent out!

I had since lost my car, lost my flat, pawned everything and anything I have. 2 school going kids, with a diploma in Business with regional sales experience, and yet I can't get a job.

Don't say what, I am so embarrassed now that I need to take money from my parents, siblings and wife just to take bus and mrt to job interviews.

Yes...got job...THEY ask you go work cheap cheap job, pay you $1500 and expect you to feed your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many times, I feel like ending my life, but when I think of my wife, kids...I scold myself for having the thoughts.

Now, maybe I even need to leave this place to another country just to get a job that pay me enough to feed my family.
What is your other nick here?:biggrin:

mascott

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see..I once was bankrupt during the 1997 Asia fianiancial Crisis, I stay alive make a come back and now everyday swim to spend my time.
Peter Lim : Market will always be there, but make sure you stay alive

how old r u now? and what is your main business? btw, are u hiring? :o

Pretty desperate.. my sister even recommend me to start on a $6.5hr job to teach people how to use CASH DEPOSIT MACHINE.

Shin Orochi

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What is your other nick here?:biggrin:

And what are your other nicks? No i am not nexgen. The OA comes in hundreds of movie and game characters, not including those nicks with ordinary names. I have a life so good so free that i can do that. And all this comes without the help of the PAP. :biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

U have only been jobless since Nov 09. That is only 3 months. I have known people who were seeking jobs for 1/2 year with no luck. And mind you, they are less than 30 years old with tertiary education!

Now for some practical advice. I suggest that you take up some part-time job like telemarketing to earn some money to offset daily living expenses first.