• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buddhism has a lifespan of 5000 years

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no such things as karma. The evil prosper and the virtuous die young. If you tell me that karma can be observed in the present life, the next life, or subsequent lives and you cannot prove your claim, I have every right to dismiss your claim as contemptible rubbish.

You tell me a person who commits evil will suffer retribution later in this life. There are plenty of people who cheat, rape, kill, torture, exploit, and do all sorts of despicable things and they are the ones who drive big cars, live in posh houses, screw the hottest hussies, and are envied by all. Where is their retribution? The ones who are responsible and work hard, obey rules, show kindness are the ones taken for granted. Even if you argue that "if you steal, you will be sent to jail", the argument still does not stand. You are not tossed in the slammer for stealing; you are behind bars because you are careless and get yourself caught! This is not karma but cause and effect. Cause: You steal and are not careful; effect: you are apprehended and sentenced to gaol. There is no divine judgement or some moral law of the universe involved. The universe does not care about whether you live or die!

Another argument for doing good deeds is that the good will be rewarded in the end and therefore it is more "worth it". This is more bullshit. Consider this: Existence is like a 30 episode drama show. From episodes 1 to 29: the bad guy is rewarded for his wrongdoings. He lives it up and enjoys every thing life has to offer. In contrast, the good guy is prosecuted, persecuted, and in general suffers like a dog for no reason other than his kindness and willingness to uphold justice. Finally, in the last episode, the bad guy's evil deeds have finally "caught up" with him, and the good guy finds his just rewards.

What is the bloody point?! What is the bloody point of winning in the last ONE episode when you have been screwed in the preceding 29 episodes?! If you were a character in the show, would you choose to enjoy 29 out of 30 episodes or just 1 out of 30? If you choose the latter, you ought to check into IMH!

Now you argue that karmic seeds planted in this life may not have the chance to grow and bear fruit, so they will "snowball" into subsequent lives for the "right conditions". Problem is, can anyone offer concrete evidence of reincarnation? Can anyone offer irrefutable evidence that there are lives after this one and that the forces of karma exist and behave exactly as the "divine/cosmic cause-and-effect" propositions adherents of some white light religions never tire of making? Nobody can prove such things conclusively!

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. If a salesman tries to sell me a car, claims that it is more flashy than the Batsmobile, designed with the best technologies, faster than the speed of lightning, and that when I drive it to a club, all the women will go into orgasmic spasms the moment they see it, BUT he cannot prove to me that such a wondrous car exists and he cannot even show me a fucking marketing brochure, I will have no qualms about telling him in no uncertain terms what I think of his rubbish and tell him to fuck off! Karma is like this non-existent car and we should not show any mercy to its salesman!

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is no such things as karma. The evil prosper and the virtuous die young. If you tell me that karma can be observed in the present life, the next life, or subsequent lives and you cannot prove your claim, I have every right to dismiss your claim as contemptible rubbish.

You tell me a person who commits evil will suffer retribution later in this life. There are plenty of people who cheat, rape, kill, torture, exploit, and do all sorts of despicable things and they are the ones who drive big cars, live in posh houses, screw the hottest hussies, and are envied by all. Where is their retribution? The ones who are responsible and work hard, obey rules, show kindness are the ones taken for granted. Even if you argue that "if you steal, you will be sent to jail", the argument still does not stand. You are not tossed in the slammer for stealing; you are behind bars because you are careless and get yourself caught! This is not karma but cause and effect. Cause: You steal and are not careful; effect: you are apprehended and sentenced to gaol. There is no divine judgement or some moral law of the universe involved. The universe does not care about whether you live or die!

Another argument for doing good deeds is that the good will be rewarded in the end and therefore it is more "worth it". This is more bullshit. Consider this: Existence is like a 30 episode drama show. From episodes 1 to 29: the bad guy is rewarded for his wrongdoings. He lives it up and enjoys every thing life has to offer. In contrast, the good guy is prosecuted, persecuted, and in general suffers like a dog for no reason other than his kindness and willingness to uphold justice. Finally, in the last episode, the bad guy's evil deeds have finally "caught up" with him, and the good guy finds his just rewards.

What is the bloody point?! What is the bloody point of winning in the last ONE episode when you have been screwed in the preceding 29 episodes?! If you were a character in the show, would you choose to enjoy 29 out of 30 episodes or just 1 out of 30? If you choose the latter, you ought to check into IMH!

Now you argue that karmic seeds planted in this life may not have the chance to grow and bear fruit, so they will "snowball" into subsequent lives for the "right conditions". Problem is, can anyone offer concrete evidence of reincarnation? Can anyone offer irrefutable evidence that there are lives after this one and that the forces of karma exist and behave exactly as the "divine/cosmic cause-and-effect" propositions adherents of some white light religions never tire of making? Nobody can prove such things conclusively!

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. If a salesman tries to sell me a car, claims that it is more flashy than the Batsmobile, designed with the best technologies, faster than the speed of lightning, and that when I drive it to a club, all the women will go into orgasmic spasms the moment they see it, BUT he cannot prove to me that such a wondrous car exists and he cannot even show me a fucking marketing brochure, I will have no qualms about telling him in no uncertain terms what I think of his rubbish and tell him to fuck off! Karma is like this non-existent car and we should not show any mercy to its salesman!

congrats ...you are a free man :wink:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theres nobody in the world who has 'nothing' bad happen to them ..

THE LAW OF KARMA PROVIDES A GOOD DEAL OF COMFORT. IT ASSUMES THAT THE UNIVERSE IS A FAIR PLACE. IT TELLS US THAT EVIL PEOPLE AND GOOD PEOPLE WILL EVENTUALLY GET WHAT THEY DESERVE. HOWEVER I FIND TWO FLAWS.
1)THE GOAL OF LIFE ACCORDING TO THIS ANCIENT BELIEF IS TO ESCAPE SAMSARA WHICH MEANS REBIRTH. THIS MEANS THAT WE ARE HERE BECAUSE OF PAST EVIL DOINGS THEREFORE WE MUST SUFFER TO PAY FOR THOSE EVIL DOINGS. NO MATTER WHAT THIS STRIPS US OF FREE WILL AND WITHOUT FREE WILL HOW CAN WE CHOOSE TO DO GOOD OR EVIL.
2)I BELIEVE TO MAINTAIN THE BALANCE OF THE UNIVERSE IF WE MUST RETURN TO ENDURE PAST EVIL DOINGS WE MUST ALSO RETURN TO BE REWARDED FOR DOING GOOD. SO I ASK IF WE DO EVIL WE MUST RETURN AND IF WE DO GOOD WE MUST STILL RETURN, THEN HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY ESCAPE REBIRTH?

Karma cannot be real, based on the fact that you'd have to know what right and wrong are. animals are a good example to disprove karma because animals do not know what right or wrong is, only humans develop this "right or wrong" concept and in the religions where Karma is an important concept, there is also rebirth and if you are reborn as something other than a human, you're fucked. Karma is supposedly supposed to apply to all living things, and if humans are the only ones able to grasp right and wrong, it's obviously false.

I dont believe in karma. and heres why- say in one life your a corrupt billionaire and you've done all these horrible things to people. in your next life your a beggar on the side of the street. and say i go walking by this beggar, and he begs me for change, and i feel aversion and dont give him any. i get bad karma now. but that beggar deserves what hes getting. i think that karma is too simple to be applied to such a confusing, overlapping world.

from all that you said above your misconception about Karma is indeed very great.
obviously you read something about karma superficially.

firstly karma is not just simple do good deed get good award , do bad and get bad result later.
this is just a very simplified way to tell people that our actions will produce a related result later.

if you are born as a animal , you are not 'fucked'.
all beings process good and bad karma , being an animal now does not mean it will not be born as a human again.
also , i am sure you heard news about dogs saving humans from fire , heart attack etc.
so so animals have the opportunity to do good too.

1)THE GOAL OF LIFE ACCORDING TO THIS ANCIENT BELIEF IS TO ESCAPE SAMSARA WHICH MEANS REBIRTH. THIS MEANS THAT WE ARE HERE BECAUSE OF PAST EVIL DOINGS THEREFORE WE MUST SUFFER TO PAY FOR THOSE EVIL DOINGS. NO MATTER WHAT THIS STRIPS US OF FREE WILL AND WITHOUT FREE WILL HOW CAN WE CHOOSE TO DO GOOD OR EVIL.

what you said is illogical. now as a human , do you have free will ? :biggrin::biggrin:

2)I BELIEVE TO MAINTAIN THE BALANCE OF THE UNIVERSE IF WE MUST RETURN TO ENDURE PAST EVIL DOINGS WE MUST ALSO RETURN TO BE REWARDED FOR DOING GOOD. SO I ASK IF WE DO EVIL WE MUST RETURN AND IF WE DO GOOD WE MUST STILL RETURN, THEN HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY ESCAPE REBIRTH?

from what you said above , you are totally ignorant about this ancient belief.
you heard or read something about escaping from samsara , about karma , and you spout nonsense here.
i am not qualify to teach about this ancient belief , but there are many books that can answer your question in simple and easy to understand
way.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
from all that you said above your misconception about Karma is indeed very great.

firstly karma is not just simple do good deed get good award , do bad and get bad result later.
this is just a very simplified way to tell people that our actions will produce a related result later.

if you are born as a animal , you are not 'fucked'.
all beings process good and bad karma , being an animal now does not mean it will not be born as a human again.
also , i am sure you heard news about dogs saving humans from fire , heart attack etc.

what you said is illogical. now as a human , do you have free will ? :biggrin::biggrin:

you heard or read something about escaping from samsara , about karma , and you spout nonsense here.
i am not qualify to teach about this ancient belief , but there are many books that can answer your question in simple and easy to understand
way.

if you said being born as animals is not fucked ...then i dont know what is ...remember , most of the insulting words use animal as example :wink: for example " bitch " rats , dog ....ect . and what about animals killing another animals ? does karma apply to all living things ? :wink: what about animals who steal ? :wink:

if religion never use fear to control ppl ..of course theres a free will . :wink:

you do believe things read from book ? then do you believe in harry potter too ? :wink:

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Isn't that what karma is all about? So what if this is a simplified way?

i
f you are born as a animal , you are not 'fucked'.

Being a non-human animal does not mean that one is necessarily fucked. I quite agree with that. Some dogs enjoy pampered lives whereas some humans live worse than dogs.

So what if animals have the opportunity to do good? Law enforcement dogs help their masters sniff out drugs and chase down criminals, but when they reach old age and can no longer work, they are put down. Why work so hard for ingrates?

way.

If you feel that you are not qualified to teach about karma, why are you correcting Drifter? Despite all your platitudes, you still haven't proved that karma exists.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
for the last time , those who have not read the bible , the Buddha teaching , the hindu scriptures AND have not talked (not argue) to friends who are in this faiths , please stop spouting nonsense here.

get more in depth information before you posting anything.
the rubbish you post only confirmed that you are moron.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
for the last time , those who have not read the bible , the Buddha teaching , the hindu scriptures AND have not talked (not argue) to friends who are in this faiths , please stop spouting nonsense here.

now you start calling name ? cant handle the truth ? or too ashame of the truth ? if you want to call names i can do better then you .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
religion are nothing but a scam. nothing but the latest ploy used by religions in an attempt to prevent criticism of their beliefs. since no one wants to feel that they are being disrespectful, rude or discourteous to someone's personally held beliefs, this demand can stop debate in its tracks. it effectively prevents us from even discussing let alone challenging, ridiculing or criticising religious beliefs. but is it a valid demand or are we simply being silenced by religious arrogance? is this demand merely a cunning ploy to prevent us showing up religion for the silly superstition that it is? :wink:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy-Unhappy-PeopleReligion.png

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bright And Hot !

sun-2271.jpg

Religion ? But, all I know is that you have to be able to be confident enough to say, "Yes, I have seen, heard and felt the presence of God's spirit (Holy Spirit) !" Count me as one. I'm sure there are many who have experienced a strange spiritual phenomenon. Spirit has no form, its a form of energy like a sun. According to my friend who described this in Buddhism as 佛光 Buddha's light. That's probably why most monks' robes are often golden or amber in colour.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Bright And Hot !

sun-2271.jpg

Religion ? But, all I know is that you have to be able to be confident enough to say, "Yes, I have seen, heard and felt the presence of God's spirit (Holy Spirit) !" Count me as one. I'm sure there are many who have experienced a strange spiritual phenomenon. Spirit has no form, its a form of energy like a sun. According to my friend who described this in Buddhism as 佛光 Buddha's light. That's probably why most monks' robes are often golden or amber in colour.

gold can also be translated as SAI ( SHIT ) ....:wink:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just like extreme islamists who believe their deeds are justified, extreme atheists also think that they are right while everybody else is wrong - to the extent of using science to justify their points.

An interesting observation here is the similarity between religious fanatics and non-religious fanatics, where both groups go to great measure to try and convert others to their camp :eek:

Imagine_atheism.jpg

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like extreme islamists who believe their deeds are justified, extreme atheists also think that they are right while everybody else is wrong - to the extent of using science to justify their points.

An interesting observation here is the similarity between religious fanatics and non-religious fanatics, where both groups go to great measure to try and convert others to their camp :eek:

Imagine_atheism.jpg

Enlightening!!! Politicians are extreme atheists. They also use scare-mongering to justify themselves.