• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bring Back The Flashing Speeding Indicator Lights on Top Of Goods and Heavy Vehicles

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder why LTA did away with them. Make them bigger and brighter this time so
the drivers will be more conscious when they speed. Malaysian vehicles will be hard to police but at least
those in Singapore can be monitored.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Bring Back The Flashing Speeding Indicator Lights on Top Of Goods and Heavy Vehic

Place them at the front bonnet like the three-point-star merc and flashing light directed at driver' eyes

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Bring Back The Flashing Speeding Indicator Lights on Top Of Goods and Heavy Vehic

If really serious about this then just install speed limiters. Problem solved.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

selfish ppl. why not put on every type of vehicle? why only target the HGVs?

be consistent lah. in another thread, complain HGVs too slow, hog the road, here complain HGVs too fast. tiew...........

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Commercial vehicles, HGVs got no business on the expressways.
Their speed limit is 50km/h? How to travel on expressways?

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal

too many drivers either disconnect or modify them... anyway, our TP is useless. I remember an incident years back when I was riding on the expressway. I was traveling around ~110km/hr in a light drizzle when a bus overtook me in great speed on the 3rd lane. It was driving so fast that I did not even see it behind me when it overtook me. It cut very close to me that made my bike wobble and also other vehicles in front and continue to sped away.

I took down the details, time and license number. Made a report to TP and they told me I have to go down to TP HQ, make an oath and be ready to testify in court. I say yes and when I was there, the IO told me to drop the case.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

too many drivers either disconnect or modify them... anyway, our TP is useless. I remember an incident years back when I was riding on the expressway. I was traveling around ~110km/hr in a light drizzle when a bus overtook me in great speed on the 3rd lane. It was driving so fast that I did not even see it behind me when it overtook me. It cut very close to me that made my bike wobble and also other vehicles in front and continue to sped away.

I took down the details, time and license number. Made a report to TP and they told me I have to go down to TP HQ, make an oath and be ready to testify in court. I say yes and when I was there, the IO told me to drop the case.

Which bus company?? you know the "membership"...members have their privileges..are you a member??