• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking: New EZ-Link Card a FIASCO! Well Done, Greedy PAPee!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Home > ST Forum > Online Story
</TR>
<!-- headline one : start --><TR>New ez-link card is less convenient and still poses problems
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><DIV class=story_text><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to yesterday's report, "Roll-out kinks strain wide use of ez-link cards".
I find it very strange that new cards with new uses are issued but there are fewer places at which we can use them.
As a tertiary student cardholder, I'm using the new ez-link card which also has the function of a CashCard.
I have encountered problems using the card for payment under many circumstances, similar to what the students in the news report faced.
There were many times when I had wanted to buy a drink from either McDonald's or 7-Eleven using the ez-link card, when I did not have small change with me, but couldn't use it. Isn't this more inconvenient, compared to the past when we could use the old ez-link cards to make payments?
Worse, once I boarded an SMRT taxi and wanted to pay with my ez-link card, but could not do so. I was even told off by the cabby for wasting his time with a card which could not be used to pay the fare.
The SMRT and the card-reader vendor had not planned well enough in implementing the new card. They should have tested the system and made sure that everything was in place and working well before they announced the change of cards.
Tan Shao Ken

<!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start --><DIV class=vclear><!---vbbTime (Thread ID: 22770) - Start : Wed, 29 Jul 2009 05:32:47:320---><SCRIPT language=javascript>function readCookieVbb() { var errorString = getURLParam("error"); user=getCookie("HTTP_user_id") luser="" if (user!=null) { luser=user.toLowerCase() if (luser == "anonymous" || luser == "anonymous|anonymous") { window.location= p_logoutLink; } } if(user != null && user !=0 && luser!=null && luser != "anonymous" && luser != "anonymous|anonymous") { document.writeln("<table border='0' width='100%' cellspacing='0' id='story_comments' style='display:none'>") document.writeln("<tr id='comments_body' style='display:none'><td colspan='2'>") document.writeln("<table border='0' width='100%' cellspacing='0'>") document.writeln(" <tr ><td class='heading'>Latest comments</td></tr>") document.writeln(" <tr><td id='messageDisplayRegion' width='100%'></td></tr>") document.writeln(" <tr><td align='right'>&raquo; Offensive? Unsuitable? Report comment
</td></tr>") document.writeln("</table>") document.writeln("</td></tr>") document.writeln("<tr><td width='100%' colspan='2'>Leave a comment
</td></tr>") document.writeln("<tr><td><textarea rows='4' cols='45' name='replyMessage' id='replyMessage'></textarea></td>") document.writeln("<td align='right' valign='bottom'></td></tr>") if(user ==0) { // do nothing } else { document.writeln("<tr><td colspan='2' class='details'>Logged in as") document.writeln(user) document.writeln("</td></tr>") } document.writeln("<tr><td colspan='2' class='georgia11 darkblue'>Warning: Any user who posts offensive or irrelevant comments will be banned from this Discussion Board.</td></tr>") document.writeln("<tr><td colspan='2' id='viewAllPostsRegion' align='right'></td></tr>") document.writeln("</table>") } else { document.writeln("<table border='0' width='100%' cellspacing='0' id='story_comments' style='display:none'>") document.writeln("<tr id='comments_body' style='display:none'><td>") document.writeln("<table border='0' width='100%' cellspacing='0'>") document.writeln(" <tr ><td class='heading'>Latest comments</td></tr>") document.writeln(" <tr><td id='messageDisplayRegion' width='100%'></td></tr>") document.writeln("</table>") document.writeln("</td></tr>") document.writeln("<tr><td>") document.writeln("<table border='0' align='center' width='460' cellspacing='0'>") document.writeln("<tr><td colspan='2' class='georgia11 darkblue'>Warning: Any user who posts offensive or irrelevant comments will be banned from this Discussion Board.</td></tr>") document.writeln("</table>") document.writeln("</td></tr>") document.writeln("<tr><td colspan='2' id='viewAllPostsRegion' align='right'></td></tr>") document.writeln("</table>") document.writeln("<table border='0' width='100%' cellspacing='0'>") document.writeln(" <tr><td align='right'>&raquo; Post comments here</td></tr>") document.writeln("</table>") }}</SCRIPT><STYLE> .Post { font-family:Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif; padding:0; margin:0; font-size:11px; } .AlternatePost{ font-family:Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif; padding:0; margin:0; font-size:11px; } ThreadDisplayPanel { border: 1px Solid #000; width: 600px; } .gwt-Label{ font-weight: bold; } #story_comments {padding:15px;} .heading {border-top:3px double #007BFF;border-bottom:1px solid #777777; font-weight:bold; font-size:14px;padding:5px 5px; margin-top:10px;} .details {border-bottom:1px solid #007BFF; padding:5px 5px 5px 0px; font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#777777;} .more{padding:5px 5px; text-align:right;font-size:11px;font-weight: bold;}</STYLE><META name=gwt:module content=/vbbStory/com.mavenlab.sph.vbintegration.vBIntegration3><SCRIPT language=javascript src="/STI/STIMEDIA/style/gwt.js"></SCRIPT><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD><SCRIPT language=javascript> readCookieVbb()</SCRIPT><TABLE id=story_comments border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR id=comments_body><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Haha... Singapore Singapore Singapore! This is Singapore. Quick to push new technology, slow to implement.

There is a good reason why this is so. EZ link company can earn more when there are problems. Without these "problems" there will be no revenue. They will say it takes time. The slower they are, the more money they earn.

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: weischin at Wed Jul 29 09:31:54 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>