• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boycott Singapore companies putting up job ads to recruit foreigners ONLY

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boycott Singapore companies putting up job ads to recruit foreigners ONLY!

January 18, 2010 by admin
Filed under Headlines

Leave a comment

Written by Our Correspondent

Following our publication of two articles over the weekend on two Singapore companies putting up job advertisements recruiting foreigners only, we have received a deluge of emails from angry readers lambasting them for not giving priority to Singaporeans first. Some even called for a boycott of these companies.

Actually this is not surprising at all – many companies including state-linked companies like SingPost, POSB and SingTel are employing foreigners either overtly or covertly.

Some like Courts put up job advertisements blatantly overseas to recruit foreigners for Singapore-based positions. Others do it more discreetly by putting up a statement like “PRs and Malaysians welcomed” – an euphemism among HR circles for “Singaporeans need not apply.”

The mainstream media will never dare to publish the truth and now we know what they have been reporting all along about on Singaporeans being choosy about jobs, foreigners needed in sectors shunned by locals, companies tried hiring locals who decline their job offers blaa…blaa…blaa..are all hogwash!

We Singaporeans have to stand together with our brethen to avoid being squeezed out of our own country by these foreigners. We cannot afford to be “bochap” anymore and care only about our own livelihoods.

Just because we have a job now doesn’t mean that we will have them forever. If we do not fight for the rights of fellow Singaporeans whose jobs are taken over by these foreigners, there will be nobody left to speak up for us when we end up like them one day.

Unless you are a professional like a doctor, lawyer or architect, you have to be prepared to be retrenched or replaced by a cheaper foreign talent in your mid 30s and 40s and even they are not spared as the ruling party is opening Singapore to foreign doctors and lawyers to set up their practices here.

We are calling for a social movement involving all Singaporeans to come together to identify the companies be it a SME or MNC putting up job ads for foreigners to fill vacancies which can otherwise be filled by locals and to boycott them!

Since they are so concerned about cutting costs and boosting their profits, let us hurt them where it hurts most – their pockets.

This is what you can do to help us:

1. Whenever you see a job ad either online or in real life outside seeking foreigners and PRs only, take a snapshot of it and email us at [email][email protected][/email]

2. We will write a story on it and give some “free” publicity to these companies by putting up their job ads on our site on our right hand bar above the poll section.

3. Help us spread the message to everybody you know to boycott these companies – do not buy their products or engage their services.

4. At the same time, email the HRs of these companies to protest against their hiring policies and to inform them of your boycott.

5. We will keep adding to the list and harping on the matter again, again and again till the myth perpetuated by the mainstream media is completely shattered once and for all.

The TRUTH is:

1. Foreigners are taking up jobs which Singaporeans will not shun, e.g. cashiers, laboratory assistants, account executives, clinic assistants,, administrators.

2. Companies are employing foreigners who are preferred to locals as they are cheaper, but not necessarily faster or better.

3. Singaporeans are forced to accept a lower pay because of the easy availability of cheap foreign workers in the labor market which puts employers in a position of advantage.

4. These companies will not close shop just because they employ a few more locals contrary to the ruling party’s claims that they need foreign workers to stay afloat. (Will Courts be forced to close down if half the positions they are offering in Malaysia go to Singaporeans instead?)

5. Singaporeans are suffering because of the pro-business and pro-foreigner policy of the ruling party. They must be held responsible for the mess they have created for Singaporeans!

6. As a result of the relentless influx of foreigners into Singapore, the median wages of Singaporeans have stagnated, the income gap between the rich and the poor has widened, labor productivity has dropped, cost of living has sky-rocketed especially that of public housing, social tensions are rising and the overall standard of living has decreased.

We have on average 12,000 readers daily. If each of you were to spread our message to 10 people you know, we can reach out to more than 100,000 people in an instance.

This campaign will continue indefinitely for as long as it takes. We are not xenophobic and neither are we against foreigners. Being a small country without any natural resources, Singapore needs foreign workers to keep its economy competitive, but we have to be extremely selective of those we allow to work and live here and more importantly, we must ensure our own citizens are well taken care of first before we accept more immigrants. This is a country, not a corporation for goodness sake!

Singaporeans, please wake up and stand together as one united people now. Foreigners already make up 36 per cent of Singapore’s population. Do you want to wait till we become a minority in Singapore before you take any action?

If not for yourself, think about your children. They will need to compete with these foreigners for everything from jobs, housing to places in primary schools.

The ruling party is not going to be concerned whether you live or die as long it remains in power and its leaders continue drawing their million-dollar salaries to talk cock sing song without knowing what is happening exactly on the ground.

Remember what Lee Kuan Yew said if we Singaporeans are unable to compete with his new pets:

“If native Singaporeans are falling behind because “the spurs are not stuck into the hide,” that is their problem.”

We have to tackle the problem RIGHT NOW before it is too late.

Singapore is for Singaporeans ONLY and not foreigners!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will certainly support if I come across culprit advertisments or recruitment agents. Do take note that WMS recruitment has been sending mass email to employers that they can help find foreign workers for them.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will certainly support if I come across culprit advertisments or recruitment agents. Do take note that WMS recruitment has been sending mass email to employers that they can help find foreign workers for them.

What happen if employers look for workers that has skills which Singaporeans do not have?

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happen if employers look for workers that has skills which Singaporeans do not have?

Like what? Speak tagalog? or myanmese? They should just list out the skillset and employ according to skillset.

Wat TR is saying is when they deliberately only ask for foreign workers.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like what? Speak tagalog? or myanmese? They should just list out the skillset and employ according to skillset.

Wat TR is saying is when they deliberately only ask for foreign workers.

All they trying to say is that they want cheaper workers .

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree-Singapore for Singaporeans.

For a long time, I have not purchased things from places where foreigners form all of the workforce-even if their products are the cheapest.

Even if all the shops have foreign workers,I try to buy from the one with the least number of foreigners-even if it cost slightly more-as a form of support for our own people.

There is a price to pay and Singaporeans must let it be known (through the ballot box)that we prefer slower economic growth if it benefits mostly locals over high economic growth that benefits mostly foreigners.

At the micro level, if we are prepared to work shorter hours and earn less so that we can spend time with our family, the same goes for the macro level.We should be prepared to accept slower economic growth if it means more jobs for locals and less reliance on foreigners.

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
whenever i see a prc manning a food stall, i will just walk away without ordering. no loss. you can be sure the food sucks. :mad:

mascott

Alfrescian
Loyal
recently i attended an interview with an out-sourcing company for an application support position in a japan bank. I passed my first interview and arranged to meet the so-called supervisor for a second interview.

I was shocked she was a filipino n was here for only 1+ year. when asking her for the job description, she gave:

1) received request from development team to assist in implementation.
2) If schedule fits, reply yes. otherwise re-arrange.
3) Retrieve log files for development team.

Then, i asked her what was her value adds in the company? Did she check for implementation steps? Did she do any rollback if implementation fails? Did she do any hardware migrations? Did she do any Change request? What was her job title then? The questions just went on. And all she did was... she fell slient. I almost wanted to blow my top and asked her whether she knew what was she doing.

I was thinking ... an ITE graduate or someone with basic computing skills should be able to fulfill this job easily.. why must hire a foreign talent for this?

After that, i wrote an email to the HR of the out-sourcing company with my ambitions, such as fine-tunning or automate all the processes and eventually cut down on the manpower (they intend to hire a few more on the same position).

I am still jobless.. most probably due to "i interviewed the so-called foreign talented supervisor"

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I too support the the call for a boycott however, tt would actually help A DEAL if someone bothers to post the name of the company in article!!!

Actually this is not surprising at all – many companies including state-linked companies like SingPost, POSB and SingTel are employing foreigners either overtly or covertly.

Some like Courts put up job advertisements blatantly overseas to recruit foreigners for Singapore-based positions. Others do it more discreetly by putting up a statement like “PRs and Malaysians welcomed” – an euphemism among HR circles for “Singaporeans need not apply.”

This is one of those times when Temasek Review lose credibility. Trying to achieve its goal of being an alternative source of news, they should not make accusations like these that they cannot prove. It may or may not be true but if and when someone sues them for defamation, they will not be able to support their claims and ultimately lose even more credibility

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
TR is actually helping the companies but making this open. Now we will never know which are the companies.

They will still interview but just reject Sinkies loh.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
recently i attended an interview with an out-sourcing company for an application support position in a japan bank. I passed my first interview and arranged to meet the so-called supervisor for a second interview.

I was shocked she was a filipino n was here for only 1+ year. when asking her for the job description, she gave:

1) received request from development team to assist in implementation.
2) If schedule fits, reply yes. otherwise re-arrange.
3) Retrieve log files for development team.

Then, i asked her what was her value adds in the company? Did she check for implementation steps? Did she do any rollback if implementation fails? Did she do any hardware migrations? Did she do any Change request? What was her job title then? The questions just went on. And all she did was... she fell slient. I almost wanted to blow my top and asked her whether she knew what was she doing.

I was thinking ... an ITE graduate or someone with basic computing skills should be able to fulfill this job easily.. why must hire a foreign talent for this?

After that, i wrote an email to the HR of the out-sourcing company with my ambitions, such as fine-tunning or automate all the processes and eventually cut down on the manpower (they intend to hire a few more on the same position).

I am still jobless.. most probably due to "i interviewed the so-called foreign talented supervisor"

bro, was sad to hear that. think you better give the company name here so that we can boycott and move on or out of sinkapoor.