• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Black managers have found it difficult to get jobs because of their colour

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Norwich boss Hughton: Black managers have found it difficult to get jobs because of their colour

The Canaries' boss says that he would like to see more diversity within the Premier League in coaching roles but feels an NFL-type 'Rooney Rule' would not be appropriate in England

Jan 28, 2013 10:55:00 AM
By Alex Labidou

212392hp2.jpg

Norwich City boss Chris Hughton believes there is a lack of diversity within the Premier League when it comes to coaching, stating that black managers feel it is difficult to find jobs because of their colour.

The Canaries' boss is currently the only black manager in charge of a Premier League side and says that there is an issue with the amount of ethnic minorities participating at higher levels in the game.

"I, for one, certainly would like to see more diversity because of the amount of black players that are playing here," Hughton told Goal.com. "I suppose the issue here is that there aren't more blacks or ethnic groups involved in the game here. I would like to see more black coaches and managers in our game.

"I do know of black ex-players who have found it very difficult to [land a coaching job] and felt that their color was the [reason] to not getting a job."

When asked about the 'Rooney Rule', a rule in American football which requires NFL teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation jobs, the former Newcastle boss understood its importance in America, but does not feel that it would be appropriate to implement in England.

"I understand the Rooney Rule and I understand why it is critical in America," he continued. "I certainly think there are differences between the American system and in American football, there is such a large percentage of players who are of ethnic backgrounds. I think there is a difference here... I don't think it's appropriate here.

"What I do feel is appropriate, and there are some really good strides going that way, is that we have to make sure that we're all-inclusive."

noname

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry. Come to Singapore sure can find job...especially in changi business park area.