• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BIG BIG NEWS: Woman Farks Garment...wowowowow!!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
MS JOANN LOH: 'It is amazing to read about zhi char (cooked food) stall operators claiming that they cannot find Singaporeans to work as cooks when more than 16,000 citizens are jobless now.

The reason is not unwillingness on their part, but unreasonable job conditions. Who wants to work for 10 hours a day for 13 days out of every fortnight, even if the pay is a respectable $3,000 to $4,000 monthly?

My sense is that some Singaporean employers offer Third World working conditions to discourage citizens from filling the vacancies so that they can hire foreigners instead. We often hear Singapore being touted as world class, but here is a sobering reminder.

A cleaner I met in 1995 was paid $900 a month then. The pay has not risen since, but working hours have - from nine hours daily then to 12 hours now. And what was the cost of living then - and now?'

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
A cleaner I met in 1995 was paid $900 a month then. The pay has not risen since, but working hours have - from nine hours daily then to 12 hours now. And what was the cost of living then - and now?'[/COLOR]

Serious? spent 9 hours cleaning for 900 bucks?

No wonder I saw so many construction workers skiving whenever they get the chance.:biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPEECH BY PRIME MINISTER GOH CHOK TONG AT THE MAY DAY RALLY AT NATIONAL TRADES UNION CONGRESS CENTRE, ONE MARINA BOULEVARD, 1 MAY 2004 AT 1115 HRS

Today, we celebrate not just May Day but also the opening of this new home for NTUC and the unions. This new home is the fruit of the symbiotic relationship between the PAP and the workers as represented by their unions and NTUC.

The NTUC was formed 41 years ago or 9 years after the PAP. But we are brother organizations. We have the same objective - a better life for all. NTUC focuses on the workers while the PAP, as the Government, looks after the interests of all Singaporeans. Through good and bad times, workers and unions have strongly supported the PAP to make it the ruling party. The PAP, in turn, as the party which forms the government, ensures that NTUC has the resources to look after the workers.

The PAP is much, much poorer than the NTUC. It does not even own its own building. It leases office space in the HDB heartland. Why not rent space in One Marina Boulevard? The thought is tempting - to be near NTUC. But no, we cannot afford it.

For NTUC, the Government has given you a prime site and helped to fund the building because it wants to signal that the workers and unions are as important as managers and employers. Your building has a prestigious address. It is as handsome as those owned by big businesses. Its location in the heart of the city symbolizes the central role workers play in our economy. One Marina Boulevard is a fitting tribute to the NTUC, the unions and the workers for their contributions to Singapore.

Will NTUC be able to sustain its role in the economy and our society? Much will depend on the quality of its leadership. Just as the PAP is renewing its political leadership systematically, the NTUC and the unions must also plan for leadership renewal. Boon Heng has done a great job in NTUC. But he is getting on in years. He will be 60 in three years' time. He has asked me to post a Minister into NTUC to understudy him and later take over from him. I have decided to post Minister Lim Swee Say to NTUC. Boon Heng will not step down from his post for a while. He will stay on to fight the next General Election. This will give Swee Say two or three years to build up ties with you.

The opening of this new building could not have come at a better time. The economy is doing well and workers can look forward to a bright future.

I wish all workers many good years ahead.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
didn't someone asked the PM,

on one hand you Ministars keep raising your salary.

one the other hand you want workers to be competitive by lowering wages.

how could you reconciled the differences between the two?

the PM was stunned for a moment...LOL...

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sincerely hope that the one that have to fight over job with FT over a $800
are the one that voted for PAP.

you reap what you sow

you derserve it

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blame it on the kopitiam owner who are so willing to raise rental. On the other hand, most of the zhi char cooks are malaysians and I think their working enviroment is alot worse and pay lower.
Singaporeans, they rather worked in a reputable restuarant at a lower pay but title "Chef".

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
BIG BIG NEWS II: Man Also Farks Garment For Making Elderly Work In S'pore. <hr style="color: rgb(152, 152, 152); background-color: rgb(152, 152, 152);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->...and stupid FTs still think this is a good place to be citizen?

State media’s spin on elderly working full-time

July 14, 2009 by admin

From The Newsroom Team
The Straits Times carried an article on a Mr Sannie Abdul, who returned from Melbourne, Australia to work as a full-time lecturer at Nanyang Polytechnic. (read full article here)

Mr Sannie retired in Melbourne 3 years ago, but a month of sightseeing and doing things at leisure there left him feeling ‘empty’ which prompted him to return to Singapore.

While it is encouraging to know that there are elderly Singaporeans who are still willing to contribute to the nation, Mr Sannie’s case is an exception rather than the norm and it will be foolhardy and unrealistic to make him an exemplary figure for others to follow.

How many Singaporeans are able to afford to retire, let alone abroad at the end of their working lives?

Instead of focusing exclusively on Mr Sannie, the Straits Times should take the initiative to interview our elderly citizens from across various strata of society to find out if they are really keen to continue working in their twilight years.

Ask the Ah Mahs clearing the tables at a neighborhood kopitiams or Ah Peks picking cardboards in the HDB heartlands if they are working because they are “bored” or because they have no choice but to do so.

Of every Mr Sannie who chose to re-enter the workforce voluntarily to serve society, there are probably 9 others who are forced to do so because they need to support themselves.

With the majority of CPF savings being tied up in mortage loans, it can hardly be counted upon to be utilized as a source of retirement fund.
Coupled with rising inflation, high cost of living and stagnant wages, Singaporeans in the low income group face a bleak and uncertain future.

The government have mooted introducing further legislation to mandate that children care for their elderly parents.

What if the children are unable to make even enough to support themselves? How much more can they spare their parents.
There is a need to widen the social safety net to assist elderly who are unable to fend for themselves.

Our silver-haired population has already contributed the most productive years of their lives to the nation. They truly deserve a good rest.

Mr Sannie has the choice not to work, but for many elderly, they simply cannot choose to retire because they are unable to do so.

The mainstream media should report the reality on the ground rather than selective protrayal of isolated cases to promulgate and propagandize the government’s agenda.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why people so desperate to work at a job rather than run the business

If coffeshop owners use hired help at $3,000 to $4,000 each what do you think the price of the makan would be

This argument is emotive and not logical

Then again there are many people who respond to emotions not facts

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MS JOANN LOH: 'It is amazing to read about zhi char (cooked food) stall operators claiming that they cannot find Singaporeans to work as cooks when more than 16,000 citizens are jobless now.

The reason is not unwillingness on their part, but unreasonable job conditions. Who wants to work for 10 hours a day for 13 days out of every fortnight, even if the pay is a respectable $3,000 to $4,000 monthly?

My sense is that some Singaporean employers offer Third World working conditions to discourage citizens from filling the vacancies so that they can hire foreigners instead. We often hear Singapore being touted as world class, but here is a sobering reminder.

A cleaner I met in 1995 was paid $900 a month then. The pay has not risen since, but working hours have - from nine hours daily then to 12 hours now. And what was the cost of living then - and now?'

Is truth that very less people are skill in Zhi Char(Singaporean). That why very hard to find then and many boss are willing to pay at least $3K/month.
Those work in Zhi Char need to stand all the time and working in hot and oily condition somemore min 10hr for 28 day/month( no OT because already included in $3K). Many Chi Zhar master in hawker/restuarant are Malaysian and pay at least $3k. Those Singaporean have skill normally will open shop themself.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
is 3 k and 4k a lot? why in this forum i keep seeing pple view this amount like a heavenly salary or the amount to make you happily ever after.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
This woman must be a mole of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan. $3k to $4k a month for an uneducated persion still dare to complain have to work 10 hours a day 13 days a fortnight.

Well done, now we know what the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan stands for. He wants to give $3k to people who do nothing.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
With recent graduates jobless....i guess 1 by 1 cannot stand liao...

Why FTs are working
and
local grads are idling.

:( :o :(

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore's World Records
On this small island lives the 30 best-paid politicians in the world, comments a blogger. MySingaporeNews.
Apr 3, 2009
As the economic crisis worsens and thousands are being retrenched, the huge salaries of Singapore's political leaders have come under the spotlight not only here - but overseas.
With G20 leaders gathering in London to work out solutions to the global crisis, the Times compiled a list of "the 10 best-paid politicians in the world" - naturally with Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong taking the top spot.
The story was picked up by The Australia, which also works out their salaries when ranked against population.
Mr Lee earns S$3.76 million (US$2.47 million) a year, excluding bonuses, allowances, pensions, etc which add on a significant bit.
This is about 54 cents per head of population. In second position was his counterpart from New Zealand at 9 cents. The rest of the world are all down there, below even the lowest-ranking minister in Singapore.
But Singaporean blogger redbean's "My Singapore News" carries a calculation from its reader, Green Peas, expanding on the UK and Australian reports.
It pointed out that the world's 30 best-paid politicians (a definition that will include ministers, elected president, etc) are all from Singapore.
Here's what the blogger says:
The TOP 30 highest paid politicians in the world are all from Singapore:
1. Elected President SR Nathan - S$3.9 million.
2. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong - S$3.8 million.
3. Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew - S$3.5 million.
4. Senior Minister Goh Chok Thong - S$3.5 million.
5. Senior Minister Prof Jayakumar - S$3.2 million.
6. DPM & Home Affairs Minister Wong Kan Seng - S$2.9 million.
7. DPM & Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean - $2.9 million
8. Foreign Affairs Minister George Yeo - S$2.8 million.
9. National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan - S$2.7 million.
10. PMO Miniser Lim Boon Heng - S$2.7 million.
11. Trade and Industry Minister Lim Hng Kiang - S$2.7 million.
12. PMO Minister Lim Swee Say - S$2.6 million.
13. Environment Minister & Muslim Affairs Minister Dr Yaccob Ibrahim - S$2.6 million.
14. Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan - S$2.6 million.

15. Finance Minister S Tharman - S$2.6 million.
16. Education Minister & 2nd Minister for Defence Dr Ng Eng Hen - S$2.6 million.
17. Community Development Youth and Sports Minister - Dr Vivian Balakrishnan - S$2.5 million.
18. Transport Minister & 2nd Minister for Foreign Affairs Raymond Lim Siang Kiat - S$2.5 million.
19. Law Minister & 2nd Minister for Home Affairs K Shanmugam - S$2.4 million.
20. Manpower Minister Gan Kim Yong - S$2.2 million.
21. PMO Minister Lim Hwee Hwa - S$2.2 million.
22. Acting ICA Minister - Lui Tuck Yew - S$2.0 million.
23 to 30 = Senior Ministers of State and Ministers of State - each getting between S$1.8 million to S$1.5 million.
Note: 1. The above pay does not include MP allowances, pensions and other sources of income such as Directorship, Chairmnship, Advisory, Consultancy, etc to Gov-linked and gov-related organisations or foreign MNCs such as Citigroup, etc.
2. Though it is based on an estimate, the data cannot be far off the official salary scales.
The above was posted in redbeanforum by Green Peas.
(London Times report: http://timesbusiness.typepad.com/mon...the-world.html)
http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.com/...icians-in.html

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
is 3 k and 4k a lot? why in this forum i keep seeing pple view this amount like a heavenly salary or the amount to make you happily ever after.

CB Kia tonychat,

that is the amount your prostitute ladyboy gf gets from selling her kar cherng every month..

so is it a lot? u answer yrself lah asshole:oIo::oIo:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
With recent graduates jobless....i guess 1 by 1 cannot stand liao...

Why FTs are working
and
local grads are idling.

:( :o :(

Change attitude lah, lots of jobs out there but many are picky and fussy. Economy rebounded 20% in Q2, come on, no excuse

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serious? spent 9 hours cleaning for 900 bucks?

No wonder I saw so many construction workers skiving whenever they get the chance.:biggrin:
You go to MacRitchie Reservoir,there was a cleaner I met,aged 40+,stay in 4 room HDB,was in some engineering company earning S$2500+,then suddenly replaced by Foreign Talent??"?.so kena cleaner,was paid S$800 per month but boss not doing well,always akan datng,salary that is.

How he managed?I dont know,I am not PAP MP hor,but does MPs know,I dont think so.

Pl check MacRitchie Reservoir wherther he is still around?if you know beri hard working PAP MPs .bring them down for a lesson in cruel fact of life.They do need it,badly I think