• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Kpop EVER!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
South Korean rapper Psy tops UK chart

Psy's Gangnam Style dance has inspired a number of copycat videos

Rapper Psy has become the first South Korean pop star to make it to the top of the UK singles chart with his song Gangnam Style.

The track has become a global phenomenon and the video featuring his famous horse-riding dance is YouTube's most "liked" of all time.

It entered the top 40 at number 37 two weeks ago, jumping to number three last Sunday.

Gangnam Style knocked The Script's Hall of Fame off top spot.

The Irish band are now at number two, with US rapper Flo Rida at number three with his single I Cry.

The highest new entry was DJ Fresh's The Feel at number 13.

Mumford & Sons' new album, Babel, has gone straight to the top of the UK album chart.

The band recently revealed that a song on Babel features a line "lifted completely" from Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall.

The band's frontman, Marcus Mumford, admitted to being inspired by the Man Booker Prize-winning novel in an interview with BBC Radio 4's Front Row.

He said it was "definitely" a line spoken by central character Thomas Cromwell, but chose not to elaborate.

"I'm not going to tell you which, because I think it might be illegal."

Babel follows their 2009 award-winning debut, Sigh No More, which also re-entered the top 40 this week at number 10.

There is another new entry at number two, Green Day's Uno, the first of a trilogy of albums.

Opera duo Jonathan and Charlotte, who were contestants on the last series of Britain's Got Talent, debuted at number five on the chart with their album, Together.

No Doubt's first album in more than a decade entered the chart at number 16.

Push and Shove is the follow up to 2001's Rock Steady.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only UK but Australia, Belgium, New Zealand, Netherland etc etc as well. US pop chart number 2!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangnam_Style

Chart (2012) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[192] 1
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 75)[193] 3
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[194] 1
Belgium (Ultratop 40 Wallonia)[195] 12
Canada (Canadian Hot 100)[196] 1
Czech Republic (IFPI)[197] 6
Denmark (Tracklisten)[198] 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[199] 1
France (SNEP)[200] 18
Germany (Media Control AG)[201] 9
Ireland (IRMA)[202] 3
Israel (Media Forest)[203] 4
Luxembourg (Billboard)[204] 7
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[205] 1
New Zealand (RIANZ)[206] 1
Norway (VG-lista)[207] 1
Scotland (Official Charts Company)[208] 1
Slovakia (IFPI)[209] 70
South Korea (Gaon Digital Singles)[210] 1
South Korea (Billboard K-Pop Hot 100)[14] 1
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[211] 15
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[212] 4
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[213] 5
UK Singles (Official Charts Company)[214] 1
US Billboard Hot 100[215] 2
US Pop Songs (Billboard)[216] 19
US Rap Songs (Billboard)[217] 20
US Hot Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[218] 49

How in the world did this get to the top of the charts in UK?

HOW HOW HOW???????????

The Official UK Top 40 Singles Chart
30 September 2012

status 1 Gangnam Style - PSY
PSY Gangnam Style up 2 | 6 weeks in chart [Island]
22567.jpg

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now got competition somemore ah! Gangnam style dance competition!

<iframe src="http://www.smh.com.au/action/externalEmbeddedPlayer?id=d-26y56" width="420" height="236" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
His interview about the youtube hit. Pretty good English for a korean.

<iframe src="http://media.smh.com.au/action/externalEmbeddedPlayer?id=d-26y82" width="420" height="236" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the difference between this and all other viral phenomenon like William Hung or Macarena? :rolleyes:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the difference between this and all other viral phenomenon like William Hung or Macarena? :rolleyes:

He was purely lucky to catch the eyes of some youth or netizens. All sorts of people can be heroes in certain times. But, come to think of it, his antics must be acceptable enough for the crowd to accept him.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was purely lucky to catch the eyes of some youth or netizens. All sorts of people can be heroes in certain times. But, come to think of it, his antics must be acceptable enough for the crowd to accept him.

More shrewd than lucky methinks. It wasn't by chance that his video was uploaded to youtube. The Korean music industry understands the power of the mere-exposure effect. Just bombard your target audience with your music videos and they'll be hooked. Why? Because human beings crave the security that familiar stimuli provide.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thailand style

[video=youtube;RNaHmsoPoPs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNaHmsoPoPs[/video]

Whahhaha... Sexy lady boy boy boy whahhahaa thais Version is dam funny . Thanks

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;2ik9N1a9A1E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ik9N1a9A1E&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gangnam Style, Dissected: The Subversive Message Within South Korea's Music Video Sensation

....... Of course, it's just a music video, and a silly one at that. Does it really have to be about anything more complicated?...

Well-very written article.
However, the video should be taken it at face value - enjoyed by the big kids and kids in kindergarten.

It's like kost postings in this forum - all full of fury signifying nothing. They are meant to be comic relief during a dull lunch time and discarded later like the snow and rubbing thown at PSY.

Of course there are pompous rejects like CNNBCCB who go around infracting people just because he donated coins to get some "power" from the host.
The more he infracts using underhand tactics the more hostile forummers will become. If anyone including SAM can tell me how I can donate "power" or "points" I would be glad to give them all away in one click.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well-very written article.
However, the video should be taken it at face value - enjoyed by the big kids and kids in kindergarten.

It's like kost postings in this forum - all full of fury signifying nothing. They are meant to be comic relief during a dull lunch time and discarded later like the snow and rubbing thown at PSY.

Of course there are pompous rejects like CNNBCCB who go around infracting people just because he donated coins to get some "power" from the host.
The more he infracts using underhand tactics the more hostile forummers will become. If anyone including SAM can tell me how I can donate "power" or "points" I would be glad to give them all away in one click.

Early in the morning so grumpy? Not happy jio the bugger out and whack him lah. :oIo:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now he in new york Jill Stuart somemore ah.

[video=youtube;f35H71hgo5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f35H71hgo5E[/video]