• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Benfica away will be a different beast, says Lennon after Celtic draw

Lavezzi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Benfica away will be a different beast, says Lennon after Celtic draw

The Hoops boss has admitted he was impressed by his side's strong performance at Celtic Park, but says playing in Portugal will be a tougher proposition

Sep 19, 2012 10:22:00 PM

By Sion Cleaver

207107hp2.jpg

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has stated that playing Benfica away will be a different beast following their 0-0 draw at Celtic Park in the opening Champions League game of the 2012-13 season.

An outstanding performance from Scott Brown and a series of Kris Commons chances failed to give the Old Firm club the breakthrough they desired.

Lennon is confident that Celtic can grow from their opening game performance and forget their 2-1 away defeat to St Johnstone in their last SPL outing, but admits playing away from home will be a tough proposition.

"I am pleased," he told Sky Sports. "It was a tough game against a quality side. I thought we coped more than admirably.

"We had more of a cutting edge before half-time, but it improves as we go on. It's going to be difficult away, the away leg is always a different beast."

Lennon is confident Celtic can compete for a place in the next round of this season's Champions League, despite being drawn in the same group as Spanish giants Barcelona.

He added: "Qualifying will be very difficult from this group, but it's always hard in Champions League football."

Midfielder Brown was delighted with his side's performance in their first Champions League appearance in four years, admitting that he thought Celtic were the better team on the night.

"I thought we played really well, we battled well and played good football as well," he stated. "Overall, I thought we were the better team."