• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

bedroom with TV

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
how many people has his bedroom fixed with a TV and dvd player

I have visited a few couples and noticed their bedroom has a giant TV and dvd player, the TV is placed in front of the bed eg. leg/toes is pointing at the TV, then they will either sleep in bed and watch a pirated dvd they buy from illegal mrt station.

recently I visited my friend, I was shocked when I went into his bedroom
he had his TV fixed to a wall with dvd player, (like kopi tiam style)that means u can even lie down and watch a movie .

what is disturbing is that I wonder how widespred this kind of 'TV in the bedroom' thing is in singapore. I mean this pple realy know how to enjoy life .. to the max

doea anyone find this disturbing or is it just me?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

watching TV is not enjoying life, it's just wasting your time and screw up your minds, especially when you are in SGP. SATAN controls the media and you are being programmed to his advantage....to be slave to him by dumbing you down.

that's why i don't have a TV in my living room or even bedroom.

why TV makes you dumb....

http://www.opinionated.net/?p=26

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have visited a few couples and noticed their bedroom has a giant TV and dvd player, the TV is placed in front of the bed eg. leg/toes is pointing at the TV, then they will either sleep in bed and watch a pirated dvd they buy from illegal mrt station.

he had his TV fixed to a wall with dvd player, (like kopi tiam style)that means u can even lie down and watch a movie .

what is disturbing is that I wonder how widespred this kind of 'TV in the bedroom' thing is in singapore. I mean this pple realy know how to enjoy life .. to the max

I feel that the bedroom is a place for a person to relax, rest and then go to sleep. Need not have all these dvd players, lcd tv which I find is more of a distraction.

If really want to watch tv or movies, can always go to the living room.

ccchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you think having TV in the bedroom is "disturbing", then what about those with TV in the kitchen or bathroom?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing new. Hotel bed also has TV in front and having TV in bedroom can fetch higher price if you rent out that room to tenant.

Watching movie while lying down is also another way of relaxing. The only disadvantage is you cannot enjoy tibits or eating in the bedroom as compare to watching movie in living room.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
watching TV is not enjoying life, it's just wasting your time and screw up your minds, especially when you are in SGP

Ya its the same as you chrikukustians going to church every weekend listening to all the craps from your pestors all

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have a LCD tv fixed at the bedroom ceiling.. so I watch movies while facing upwards.. no need to strain the neck towards the leg direction...

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal
got good programmes lah - Mediacorp programmes so solid I feel damn lucky to have to pay only $110 TV licence to watch such wonderful programmes. If not for these wonderful offerings like Masters of the Sea and VR Man I have to watch Hollywood trash

How come government doesnt want to raise TV license fee. It hae stayed atthe same price for so manyyears depsite the high inflation. Shouldnt they benchmark it to the four market leaders like UK?

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its good for the back. Whole day standing or sitting at work causes strain and compression to the spine. Lying down helps.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
watching TV ..just wasting your time and screw up your minds. SATAN controls the media and you are being programmed to his advantage....to be slave to him by dumbing you down.
that's why i don't have a TV in my living room or bedroom.
You must be a rare breed to be without a telly even in living room. Just as dumb to miss out too ..like news (not referring to mediacorp only), entertainment and other programming which can broaden one's outlook (kids and adults). Even preaching faith relies on this media. Being numbed by extreme boob tube watching is another thing. You remind me of my old tv-less (by choice) neighbour who just had to pop by during iraqi war and even asked to watch some celebrity video. :p
god_zeus said:
So what's with yours then? Disturbing, yet you say (with some envy?) such ppl enjoying life to max?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am sorry... Why do u find it disturbing?

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have TVs in all the rooms. Yet I pay only one license. Only SCV is a rip off and I have to subscribe to separate set-top boxes for each TV.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
in my bedroom i have one on the wall and one on the ceiling, when i sit down on my bed and have dinner i watch the one on the wall, when i lie down before closing my eyes i watch the one on the ceiling

jw5

Loyal

What's so surprising or disturbing?
Some people even have tv and dvd players in their toilets! :smile: