• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BBC Uncovers SG's Hidden Poverty. Slap on FAP Traitors!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;FCtp5y7vAxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FCtp5y7vAxE[/video]

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
BBC should have interview ViVian.

"Hawker centre, food court or restaurant?"

Splurge $300million on YOG, he will happily do it over and over again

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in all successful societies, there are the clueless fringe who get knocked up at 16, get knocked up again at 17, and again at 18, yet again at 19, and by the time they hit 26, there's a brood to feed and deadbeat dads disappearing among dole-dependent desperadoes looking to knock up nubile newbies. society needs to cull vermin and parasites, not help them. :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
She chose to have 6 children without having a clue as to how she was going to feed and cloth them. Yet despite her indiscretions, she has roof over her head, clean running water, flushing toilet, electricity and a TV set so where is the "poverty"?

This is poverty.

hungerpoverty.jpg

If there are actually people in Singapore who think that this deadbeat mother of six should be given free money courtesy of those who actually work for a living, all I can say is that Singapore society has changed beyond recognition.

Poor Malay families with six or more children is nothing new. They existed when I was a kid. The difference was that in the old days, they were put to work. The older kids went round the neighborhood to wash cars. The younger kids sold nasi lemak and kuay lopes one basket on each arm. While the kids were at school, the mother would wash clothes for a living.

Nobody sat back and expected free money. They knew it had to be earned or starvation would set in. That's how Singapore progressed. Everyone was eager to put in an effort to make their lives better.

Now you have a family who sits down to watch a nice flat screen TV in a home with all the modern comforts filling their faces with food they didn't have to work for while a chubby looking baby making machine of a mother bleats about what she cannot afford.:rolleyes:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are comparing poverty in a first world country with an undeveloped country. Using your basis of comparison, there is no poverty in the developed country.
Fortunately, most civilized people don't think like you.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
BBC should have interview ViVian.

"Hawker centre, food court or restaurant?"

Splurge $300million on YOG, he will happily do it over and over again

I wish it was $300 million, It was $387 million. Not to mention the lost productivity from 50,000 "volunteers" who lost work, study and leisure time due to this stupid event. Easily exceeds $450 million in actual and opportunity cost if you ask me.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are comparing poverty in a first world country with an undeveloped country. Using your basis of comparison, there is no poverty in the developed country.
Fortunately, most civilized people don't think like you.

sg authorities are too kind to provide low-cost rentals and welfare aid to a baby factory. in hk, taiwan or japan, she would be homeless, begging in the streets with her kids and taking shelter under makeshift covers. affording rent in a 10x10 hellhole would be beyond her. even the most desperate pimps would avoid pimping her as the returns on investment do not justify the risks. she should consider herself extremely lucky she's in sg. :rolleyes:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
BBC tua ki now? who cares about the poor. most of them voted pappy anyway. or voted communist before they defact to pappy. fucking double-face traitors just like KY jelly japanese spy translator supraman!

i feel more sad for the middle class n doctors who kena play out by FTs with fake degrees and fake reference, brought in by other traitor 1st generation PRs or talents! under goh kok tiong & pinko dragon, the middleclass singaporeans have been destroyed or forced to quit to real countries! that is the real sad reality!

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;VGhG6lv-Te4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGhG6lv-Te4[/video]

You think those people in the BBC video are suffering...?

To those poor Vietnamese kids; it is like heaven.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
the notions of rich and poor is relative... those million dollar ministers feel poor too... don't believe? reduce their pay by 30% and see what happens.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the notions of rich and poor is relative... those million dollar ministers feel poor too... don't believe? reduce their pay by 30% and see what happens.

that's one measure.

another is when a person doesnt have food to eat and that poverty is real and not relative

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
another is when a person doesnt have food to eat and that poverty is real and not relative

there was once a packet of vegetarian beehoon was shared between two destitute elderly at See Beh Lor, even the poor had something to give.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shameless dog should say sorry to us and step down, but still can talk cock sing song.

I wish it was $300 million, It was $387 million. Not to mention the lost productivity from 50,000 "volunteers" who lost work, study and leisure time due to this stupid event. Easily exceeds $450 million in actual and opportunity cost if you ask me.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
She chose to have 6 children without having a clue as to how she was going to feed and cloth them. Yet despite her indiscretions, she has roof over her head, clean running water, flushing toilet, electricity and a TV set so where is the "poverty"?

This is poverty.

hungerpoverty.jpg

If there are actually people in Singapore who think that this deadbeat mother of six should be given free money courtesy of those who actually work for a living, all I can say is that Singapore society has changed beyond recognition.

Poor Malay families with six or more children is nothing new. They existed when I was a kid. The difference was that in the old days, they were put to work. The older kids went round the neighborhood to wash cars. The younger kids sold nasi lemak and kuay lopes one basket on each arm. While the kids were at school, the mother would wash clothes for a living.

Nobody sat back and expected free money. They knew it had to be earned or starvation would set in. That's how Singapore progressed. Everyone was eager to put in an effort to make their lives better.

Now you have a family who sits down to watch a nice flat screen TV in a home with all the modern comforts filling their faces with food they didn't have to work for while a chubby looking baby making machine of a mother bleats about what she cannot afford.:rolleyes:

Those were the good old days in SG. Good kampong life. Every one struggled for a living; the Chinese, the Malays, the Indians, Eurasians, etc. When the PAP came on the scene in 1950s, things started to get better for SG and all natives were grateful to the PAP. Can the PAP now rally sinkies to back them? It is doubtful with their kind of dumb policies.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Those were the good old days in SG. Good kampong life. Every one struggled for a living; the Chinese, the Malays, the Indians, Eurasians, etc. When the PAP came on the scene in 1950s, things started to get better for SG and all natives were grateful to the PAP. Can the PAP now rally sinkies to back them? It is doubtful with their kind of dumb policies.

Which policies are you referring to?

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just had lunch today in Ang Mo Kio at a hawker centre. There was a beggar about 60 years old with bad sores on his leg and obviously in bad health and shape moving from table to table asking for alms. Definitely not a foreigner and I deduce him to be a local.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Just had lunch today in Ang Mo Kio at a hawker centre. There was a beggar about 60 years old with bad sores on his leg and obviously in bad health and shape moving from table to table asking for alms. Definitely not a foreigner and I deduce him to be a local.

Did you offer to help him?

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Never mind $450million oldman would said its OK b'cos its an HONEST MISTAKE!
Let's move on!!!

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just now, saw a very small frail senior auntie with neck bent at 90 degree cleaning explanade link floor,
sorrowful pathetic sight indeed, sighhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!