• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bastard Sinkie Driver Tried To Kill Good AngMor Cyclist!

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This para proves that cyclists are allowed to ride two abreast.

Stop rehashing this issue over and over again. The LTA has already clarified this numerous times.

If you aren't happy with the law as it stands then see your MP and ask him to bring it up in Parliament.

Two proceeding abreast bicycle could be when one is overtaking. That mean you cannot be the 3rd to overtaking. You must wait for the other to finish overtaking then you overtake so as not be the 3rd bike overtaking the other 2nd bike overtaking.

If it's allowed, it will say so like how it is allowed to be on the "left hand edge of the roadway and in such a manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed".

Read again,
Travelling abreast prohibited
7.—(1) No bicycle shall be ridden on the right of another vehicle proceeding in the same direction except when overtaking such other vehicle.

[S 773/2004 wef 01/01/2005]

Also, notice Every bicycle shall be ridden close to the left hand edge of the roadway and in such a manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed.
You do understand what Every bicycle means don't you? Not some bicycle, not one bicycle, it's Every bicycle.

Bicycle to be ridden on left side of road
8. Every bicycle shall be ridden close to the left hand edge of the roadway and in such a manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
From the video, it suggests it was the cyclist who hit the rear of the motor vehicle, knocked into his fellow cyclist. Why did the cyclist tailgate the Hyundai in the first place?

Actually there is a deeper issue involved and it's all about the perceived treatment of foreigners especially white foreigners.

Singaporeans should realise that without white foreigners, the country would not be able to function because Singaporeans don't have the skills necessary to keep the economy going.

If the Ang Mohs decide that they aren't welcome and they all leave, the country will be in big trouble.

Singaporeans should be nice to the whites for their own good regardless of whether the Ang Moh is a cyclist or not.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Two proceeding abreast bicycle could be when one is overtaking. That mean you cannot be the 3rd to overtaking. You must wait for the other to finish overtaking then you overtake so as not be the 3rd bike overtaking the other 2nd bike overtaking.

How many times do I have to repeat myself before the message gets through to your thick skull.

The issue was brought up with the LTA and the LTA clarified. TWO ABREAST RIDING IS ALLOWED.

Which part of the clarification are you too dumb to understand?

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How many times do I have to repeat myself before the message gets through to your thick skull.

The issue was brought up with the LTA and the LTA clarified. TWO ABREAST RIDING IS ALLOWED.

Which part of the clarification are you too dumb to understand?

How many times must I repeat myself before the message gets through to your empty head?

7.—(1) No bicycle shall be ridden on the right of another vehicle proceeding in the same direction except when overtaking such other vehicle.

You understand what is the meaning of prohibited?

Also, two abreast is allowed so long as there is no traffic and does not obstruct traffic flow! Do you not understand what is the meaning of obstruct traffic flow?

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...7e-9eba643f6561" Status:inforce Depth:0;rec=0
8. Every bicycle shall be ridden close to the left hand edge of the roadway and in such a manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed.

It is because of retards like you that angmoh think it is okay to occupy whole lane and riding abreast even when there is heavy traffic.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
How many times must I repeat myself before the message gets through to your empty head?

Here's the police version of the same law :

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/driving_in_singapore/services/cyclists.html

On Safe Cycling Behaviours (DON’Ts)
  • Do not cycle more than two abreast in the same direction.
  • Do not cycle along the footway and on the expressways.
  • Do not cycle across pedestrian crossings and overhead bridges.
  • Do not cycle against the flow of traffic.

Alfrescian
Loyal

[S 773/2004 wef 01/01/2005]

7-(1) - "another vehicle" means car.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's the police version of the same law :

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/driving_in_singapore/services/cyclists.html

On Safe Cycling Behaviours (DON’Ts)
  • Do not cycle more than two abreast in the same direction.
  • Do not cycle along the footway and on the expressways.
  • Do not cycle across pedestrian crossings and overhead bridges.
  • Do not cycle against the flow of traffic.

That is just advice or guidelines. Read the RULES!

The RULES supersede guidelines.

Also, it does not says where. As a guideline, you are advised also not to ride more than 2 abreast in PARKS, pedestrian walkways and BICYCLE lanes as well. But what applied to Parks and bicycle lanes does not mean you can do that on ROAD for motor vehicles.

READ THE ROAD TRAFFIC RULES FOR BICYCLES!
ROAD TRAFFIC ACT
(CHAPTER 276, SECTION 140)
ROAD TRAFFIC (BICYCLES) RULES
http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/down...f?CompId:ea98f920-b889-4ce9-b11e-e3f4747e3c83

In court you tell the judge that it's the general advice given on police site or rules cited by the law?

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ultimately the problem is not with the traffic rules or cyclists or whatever,the problem lies with these ang moh fucktards who seems to think they own the whole universe and a are god's gift to earth and seems to have no awareness of how dangerous it is with this amount of road traffic in Singapore.

the more of these ang mohs eliminated on the road the better,hope every single one of them get rammed by a cement truck or construction vehicle driven by a tiong and hit n run.

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
7-(1) - "another vehicle" means car.

Even so, what about "ridden close to the left hand edge of the roadway and in such a manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed".

That statement alone as a rule, says all.

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...a643f6561" Status:inforce Depth:0;rec=0#legis

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Actually there is a deeper issue involved and it's all about the perceived treatment of foreigners especially white foreigners.

Absolutely agree. Ang Mohs are the best!!! They wanted to prove they're stronger than steel! Kudos to them!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
ultimately the problem is not with the traffic rules or cyclists or whatever,the problem lies with these ang moh fucktards who seems to think they own the whole universe and a are god's gift to earth and seems to have no awareness of how dangerous it is with this amount of road traffic in Singapore.

the more of these ang mohs eliminated on the road the better,hope every single one of them get rammed by a cement truck or construction vehicle driven by a tiong and hit n run.
Ang mohs do own the universe and that is why they need to be respected.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even so, what about "ridden close to the left hand edge of the roadway and in such a manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed".

As much as I also don't like these ang mohs, they were on the left side of the road (even the 3rd rider was not abreast), moving and hence not causing any obstruction. simple logic, a cyclist moving at 20km/h = car at 60km/h. If anyone was causing an obstruction, it was the Hyundai as he deliberately slowed down next to the cyclists on a 2-lane road causing a near accident with the Chevrolet(?) and the prime mover behind. The Hyundai should have just overtaken (like the first taxi) which it was fully capable of and move on with life

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As much as I also don't like these ang mohs, they were on the left side of the road (even the 3rd rider was not abreast), moving and hence not causing any obstruction. simple logic, a cyclist moving at 20km/h = car at 60km/h. If anyone was causing an obstruction, it was the Hyundai as he deliberately slowed down next to the cyclists on a 2-lane road causing a near accident with the Chevrolet(?) and the prime mover behind. The Hyundai should have just overtaken (like the first taxi) which it was fully capable of and move on with life

Yes, you are right to say that the Hyundai driver is at fault for obstructing the road. That is a fact.

However, in mitigation for the hyundai driver, the angmoh rider was cycling abreast when traffic behind was forced to overtake them by crossing to another lane. Any considerate cyclist would have moved to the side to allow them to pass through before continuing riding abreast. Instead, you see the cyclist continuing occupying the whole lane without a care even after getting honked at.

Also, it's a 2 lanes road. You occupy 1 full lane forcing other faster moving vehicles to squeeze through 1 lane to overtake you, I think that is extremely inconsiderate.

I was a cyclist before. I owned a racing bike in my younger days and often rode from home to campus. At times I rode from west to east (east coast) with my friends on weekends. Common Sense dictates that I must be considerate to faster moving vehicles and not be a dick to other road users to enjoy my ride. Those angmoh don't seems to think of it that way.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ang mohs do own the universe and that is why they need to be respected.

No wonder I felt so shiok when my female angmoh subordinate hinted at wanting to suck my cock if I would write her a good work appraisal. Fortunately, I am too much of a good PAP supporter. People should be rewarded by merit, not personal favours or by race quotas.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
cyclist should cycle one behind another, not alongside as it takes up space.
Singapore not a nice place to cycle as drivers do not respect cyclist nor motor cyclist. best for cyclist to go across the causeway to kampung areas where rural drivers are more courteous to cyclist. They give space and slow down if they the cannot pass.

Cyclist pay road tax? If not respect for fuck

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By slowing the car to almost a stop in front of the 2 angmoh cyclists, the driver is showing to them how dangerous they put themselves in by taking the whole lane. Fortunately, in this case, the cyclists hit the car from the rear. Imagine the case if the cyclists were hit by the car from their rears.

Angmohs are dumb learners .... can't even understand the simple lesson being taught here by the driver.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
No big deal, just a gentle tap only on the car's rear, as a kid we had even worse collisions, playing police and thief on bikes, we all got up and continue cycling.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
only way to serve as reminder to rest of dumb angmo tour de france wannbe is for buses,tipper trucks, fellow sinkies cars to run them down fatally . freakin unwelcomed white trash need to learn....