• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banning Israel FA is not a solution, says Blatter

Ibisevic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Banning Israel FA is not a solution, says Blatter

seppblatter-cropped_1wy7a1uvj637u1tzqecszidvpv.jpg

By Matthew Scott
May 20, 2015 18:27:33

The Fifa chief says constructive talks have taken place following calls from Palestine to have its neighbour sanctioned over treatment of its citizens

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has distanced his organisation from reports the Israel Football Association could face a suspension over its treatment of Palestinians.

Blatter has spent two days in Israel and Palestine in an attempt to separate football from political tensions.

Palestine's football authorities hit out at Israel playing fixtures in Jerusalem earlier this year, while the Palestinian Football Association has accused Israeli counterparts of allowing "humiliating treatment at the border by relevant Israeli authorities" and "violent acts by Israeli security forces during football matches… under the authority of the Palestinian National Authority".

Blatter has announced a number of measures set to be implemented in an attempt to ease the tensions, but stopping Israel from playing football will not be one of them.

A Blatter statement on Fifas official website read: "I had constructive meetings with the Palestine political and football authorities.

"We all agree football should unite not divide. I came on a mission for peace – football should foster peace and leave politics aside. Based on my talks over the last two days, I remain confident, despite the challenging situation, that we should be able to find a solution in the interests of football and all parties involved ahead of the Congress.

"We discussed how we can tackle the issue of the mobility of Palestinian players and football officials.

"We'll promote a regular exchange between the Israeli and Palestinian authorities through a working group with the participation of Fifa that should meet on a monthly basis.

"As Fifa president, I do not see that a suspension of an association is a solution."