• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bana Goods Vehicles From Lanes One and Two of Expressways

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those goods vehicles with the round speed limit indicator discs - eg 50, 60 or 70 km/h.
Keep these chaps to the left so they don't hog faster lanes.

Typo - Ban, not Bana.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TP are lazy to enforce even if this becomes law.
Just ban goods and heavy vehicles outright from expressways.
Also restrict their times from certain areas.
Motorbikes also should be ban from expressways.
Bicycles should be ban from the roads at all times.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't you think you're being too selfish, snobbish and arrogant? Mind you, Sinkie Land is not only just for the rich and the elites.

I do not mind sharing the roads with bicycles, motorbikes, lorries and other slow moving vehicles. I don't usually drive fast anyway.

What I do mind is whether they abide by traffic regulations, and that they are considerate road users and not getting in the way of faster moving vehicles, or posing danger to other road users.

I do not think I am being unreasonable to expect that right?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't you think you're being too selfish, snobbish and arrogant? Mind you, Sinkie Land is not only just for the rich and the elites.
I am not holding an elitist view. I am taking the safety pov and expressways being meant for cars. Only in sinkieland would anyone equate car owners as being elites.
Talking about roads being for all to use, motorbikes for their size actually occupy more space on the roads......cars got to give them wide safety berth.......bikers should pay more than cars to use the roads.
Maybe as a driver my suggestion is too extreme. Why not have designated motorbike lanes then on expressways? Bicycles ban stays. Bicycles can only cycle in the parks.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bicycle cheap meh? almost everyday and at any time, can see those thousands dollars racing bikes ridden by ppl in condom suits in convoy formation. this hobby only for the rich and elite.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Rich meh?...not all lah...:biggrin::biggrin:

North-Bridge-Crossroads-640x425.jpg

images

3212133009_3868c5435a_m.jpg

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not holding an elitist view. I am taking the safety pov and expressways being meant for cars. Only in sinkieland would anyone equate car owners as being elites..

In Sinkie Land where cars cost at least 3 times more (include COEs, ARF and whatever fucking tax) than most other countries in this planet, how not to be rich in order to own a car?

Talking about roads being for all to use, motorbikes for their size actually occupy more space on the roads......cars got to give them wide safety berth.......bikers should pay more than cars to use the roads.

This is total nonsense, unless you are that blind to see for yourself. Compare their standalone volumes dude. Compare the sizes of their parking spaces between cars and motorbikes. If you've been to Ho Chi Minh, you will appreciate how motorbikes and cars can co-exist. It's the attitude, not the means to pay more in order to use the road dude. You are all wrong and ineloquent.

Maybe as a driver my suggestion is too extreme. Why not have designated motorbike lanes then on expressways? Bicycles ban stays. Bicycles can only cycle in the parks.

Do you think Sinkie Land still has space for separate motorbike lanes? Don't be naive but be realistic as this will never happen. By the way, banning of bicycles from the roads in Sinkie Land can probably only materialized in your next life.

Your safety concern for the lesser mortals will not be appreciated, but will instead be ridiculed.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your safety concern for the lesser mortals will not be appreciated, but will instead be ridiculed.
Why compare standalone volume when vehicles are meant to be moving.
When cars and bikes 'co-exist' so to speak.....please check the average speed of the cars. I've also seen the chaos in such countries like china, india and vietnam when 2 wheels and 4 wheels 'co-exist'. You want expressway traffic to be bumper to bumper? Many countries also ban motorbikes from the highways....it's the way to go.
I merely suggested bikes lanes........end of the day i am for banning all bikes from expressways and main roads (too extreme).
You see proliferation of bicycles now because of all the FTs crowding the island, expensive or lousy feeder transport service or plain uselessness of the public transport.........PAP got no solution that's why they have to allow bicycles...even cycle on the pavement.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why compare standalone volume when vehicles are meant to be moving.
When cars and bikes 'co-exist' so to speak.....please check the average speed of the cars. I've also seen the chaos in such countries like china, india and vietnam when 2 wheels and 4 wheels 'co-exist'. You want expressway traffic to be bumper to bumper? Many countries also ban motorbikes from the highways....it's the way to go.

Even without motorbikes, you are already witnessing bumper to bumper car traffic along the PIE every weekday and not only during peak hours. That's why they are "upsizing" the PIE and it'll take 3 years to complete.

Other than Taiwan and parts of China, can you highlight which other countries ban motorbikes from their highways? Please do your research before commenting.

I merely suggested bikes lanes........end of the day i am for banning all bikes from expressways and main roads (too extreme).
You see proliferation of bicycles now because of all the FTs crowding the island, expensive or lousy feeder transport service or plain uselessness of the public transport.........PAP got no solution that's why they have to allow bicycles...even cycle on the pavement.

You might as well ban all pedestrians from the roads altogether. Carry on with your ideal dream, which will never happen because it will retard the growth and economic aspects of the country.

On a side-note, your ideal dream will materialize when the day will come if there's no more annual haze nuisance from Sumatra. If Indonesia is not going to seriously address the haze problem, no other neighboring countries can, not even the WHO.

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those goods vehicles with the round speed limit indicator discs - eg 50, 60 or 70 km/h.
Keep these chaps to the left so they don't hog faster lanes.

Typo - Ban, not Bana.

This one me 100% agree. Already in LTA/TP road regulation but all TP just sleeping bo chap.