• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bali Nine lawyer denies being arrested

Ibisevic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bali Nine lawyer denies being arrested

By Gabrielle Dunlevy
May 2, 2015, 12:03 pm

2841978_020515a_muhammadrifan_1280x720-1ak8a8k.jpg

Former Bali Nine lawyer Muhammad Rifan has not been arrested despite reports in the Australian media.

"It's not true what Sky News said," he told AAP.

"I'm OK. I'm in my home in Bali.

"When I'm scheduled for questioning, there will be a procedure for that."

Mr Rifan represented Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukamaran when they were sentenced to death in 2006.

He claims judges asked for more than $130,000 for a lighter sentence.

The Indonesian lawyer is expected to be called to give a statement for the judicial commission over the allegations he made about corruption claims in the sentencing of Chan and Sukumaran.

Mr Rifan raised the claims months ago - without putting a sum on the bribe.

Then just days before the Bali Nine men were executed Mr Rifan spoke out about the amount of money the judges are alleged to have asked for in a bribe.

The men's current lawyer, Todung Mulya Lubis, has already lodged a complaint with the judicial commission over the alleged bribe, which appears to have stalled.