• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bali Nasi Lemak at Geylang Lorong 15

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK, I last one before I go. You can also make your own nasi lemak and ingredients are very simple, pandan leaves, coconut milk and salt. The sambal chilli part is more challenging. There are many blog sites that teach how to make nasi lemak.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Same same for prata.
Bro GD, i want you to go try this prata at Fort Road h/c; forget about those oft touted at JaLan Kayu etcc :

crispyprata.jpg

Crunchy & crispy Like biscuits..and onLy for 60cts a piece nia ~...:smile:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro GD, i want you to go try this prata at Fort Road h/c; forget about those oft touted at JaLan Kayu etcc :

crispyprata.jpg

Thanks. Looks yummy yummy. Fort Rd has hawker centre? Not aware. Where?

60 cents is decent. Jln Kayu's a dollar and charge 50 cents for a packet of fish curry. My petrol costs more than my meal there.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just off Mountbatten Road, drive onto Sampan PLace ..parking is a breeze too.Just Do it ! :smile:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Correct bro..an oLd h/c which have just been recentLy upgraded..but many staLLs are stiLL running by the 1st gens; so their prices are resonabLe.:wink:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

crispyprata.jpg

I eat roti prata once in a while. My prata (Spring Court brand) is purchased from the supermarket and fried at home using olive oil.

Outside they use ghee which I find not so healthy. Also I can't eat those pratas flipped by those Ah Nehs' with bare hands.

Curry is home-cooked cos a couple of times it was reported that they found dead rats or cockroaches in Jln Kayu roti-prata curry.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Correct bro..an oLd h/c which have just been recentLy upgraded..but many staLLs are stiLL running by the 1st gens; so their prices are resonabLe.:wink:

Wah very cheap at 60 cts.. Other places now selling kosong at $1.. Some don't even allow you to order just 1 prata.. Must order at least 2 kosongs..

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Not Fort Road lah, bro. Jalan Batu Food Centre. Same food centre as the Tanjong Rhu 金記 wanton mee, which has shift here from the adjacent coffee shop recently.

Parking around the food centre is limited. Plenty of lots outside though, along the large canal.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I eat roti prata once in a while. My prata (Spring Court brand) is purchased from the supermarket and fried at home using olive oil.

Outside they use ghee which I find not so healthy. Also I can't eat those pratas flipped by those Ah Nehs' with bare hands.

Curry is home-cooked cos a couple of times it was reported that they found dead rats or cockroaches in Jln Kayu roti-prata curry.

Jalan Kayu prata damn over rated.. Sometimes when in the mood, would drive to Mr Prata's coffeshop near to Botanic Gardens to have late nite teh tarik and prata.. Their prata so and so.. But I just love the quietness of the place.. For nasi lemak, got this colleague of mine who often buy us a packet of traditional Malay nasi lemak at Boon Lay for just $1.40 a packet.. taste quite good..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not Fort Road lah, bro. Jalan Batu Food Centre. Same food centre as the Tanjong Rhu 金記 wanton mee, which has shift here from the adjacent coffee shop recently.

Parking around the food centre is limited. Plenty of lots outside though, along the large canal.
Correct me bro, you are right. The Mee suah soup is aLso sedap ..:wink:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I makaned the prata from the keling kpt. Very ordinary. Will try the one at the hawker centre the next time I am here. Thanks.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
One and onLy bro, middLe row; it's run by an Ah Neh & wife coupLe.This chap Looks Like Subhas ! !..:biggrin:

ok, i will go try today. i'm mad about prata!!! kosong!! but what is the curry type that served together with prata? rich and creamy?? or watery type?