• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bali Nasi Lemak at Geylang Lorong 15

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
4eb74ab5.jpg

KNN...say until so nice...but only one person eating there ...LOL...real ho jiak nasi lemak sure got Q like dis one:

n-outlet.jpg

dat old aunty must have given u blowjob to help her promote her boh seng li nasi lemak biz here....LOL :oIo:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People who can't tell the difference between nasi lemak and nasi padang, probably also can't tell the difference between ayam goreng and ayam penyet.

Perhaps someone should set up a Food Literacy Council to educate the ignoramuses out there.

SinghSons

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I prefer Malaysia nasi lemak where they will have small packet form selling at some railway station, somemore it's cheap and delicious.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
View attachment 5897

This is what Nasi Lemak should look like. That crap u are eating at Bali is more like Nasi Padang to me. This thread has been started by someone before waxing lyrical about their favourite so call nasi lemak store. Its supposed to be cheap inexpensive food. Coconut Rice, peanuts, some chilli sambal, ikan bilis or ikan tamban, cucumber, and egg fried or boiled all wrapped in banana leaf. Anything else is NOT CALL NASI LEMAK. U can call it some other shit, but not nasi lemak. What u are eating there in no way shape or form resembles traditional Nasi Lemak. Are u from China?

TotaLLy agreed with you bro.The Lesser the seLection of choices in your Nasi Lemak, the more authentic it is..reaL
Nasi Lemaks' comes aLtogether with no choice ..:eek::biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I drive by this lorong many times. Spotted this stall. But hardly noticed any human beings there.

As I am always around Jln Besar, tried this stall once and nowadays always return to patronise. I think the kpt is "Ernest Restaurant'. Allenby Rd, I think. Kpt also sell yong tau fu. Supposed to be famous but I found it very ordinary. Malay nasi lemak stall graded "A" by NEA. Chicken wings delicious. Mee goreng also got standard. Crowded when there are soccer matches at the nearby Jln Besar stadium.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Anybody ever crossed the small road to try the teochew porridge there?
Haven't been there for some time, the last time I went, they changed the recipe for the chilli.
Became more saltish and less spicy/sour, suspect prc involvement in the new recipe.

Thats what I did after I realised the nasi lemak stall is close. The stall is manned by PRC now. But the standard still acceptable. Not bad. I say not bad only ah. :biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I prefer Malaysia nasi lemak where they will have small packet form selling at some railway station, somemore it's cheap and delicious.

You are right brother. On a recent trip to Malacca, we went in search for the famous cococnut ice cream drink. Found the place and they also sell small packet of nasi lemak. Rice, chilli, alittle bit of ikan bilis. Our table of 6 people had 14 packets, 5 coconut drinks and some kuey. Total bill, $25RM :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You just reminded me of an incident that took place about 5 years ago. While returning from JB, kena stuck at JB end for almost 4 hrs. Had 2 small packets of nasi lemak while in vehicle. A young boy went around the traffic jam shouting 'nasi lemak, nasi lemak'. Later found out the cause of traffic jam - bloody computers all took urgent leave. Knna.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is my standard version of a No-friLLs' Nasi Lemak :

nasilemak.jpg

You can stiLL get them for $1.20 per pack at the Eunos Cresent h/c..:wink:

salmon

Alfrescian
Loyal
i love the pre-packed ones too, preferably in banana leaves, with not so many fried fish and lots of ikan bilis and kacang + otak. yum!

Townair

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is my standard version of a No-friLLs' Nasi Lemak :

nasilemak.jpg

You can stiLL get them for $1.20 per pack at the Eunos Cresent h/c..:wink:

That not only look like real nasi lemak but also real cheap nasi lemak with so many ikan kuning plus some ikan bilis plus egg slice. Usually $1.20 packet nowadays got 1 kuning or some bilis, not both and surely not so many kuning.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. Thanks TS for starting this thread. This stall has been around for quite some time. Never tried this stall before but did drank beer at the back lane of this stall before.

IMHO, most important thing in Nasi Lemak is the sambal chilli. If solid, I eat plain nasi lemak without anything also taste good! Hard to find now.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That not only look like real nasi lemak but also real cheap nasi lemak with so many ikan kuning plus some ikan bilis plus egg slice. Usually $1.20 packet nowadays got 1 kuning or some bilis, not both and surely not so many kuning.

Bro, just go to this staLL at Eunos Cresent and tapau a few packs at one go, whether it's for gatherings etcc..just
make your $'s worth..!
i do make some arrangements with them for our Church's monthLy Food Fest as weLL ..:wink:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This shouLd be what Good oL' Nasi Lemak means ! ! :smile:

Nasi lemak nowadays can include prawns, sotong, fishcake etc. I usually stick to the traditional type - fish, egg and ikan belis. For prata, my favourite is the kosong type. Terloh somehow tastes awful, to me.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nasi lemak nowadays can include prawns, sotong, fishcake etc. I usually stick to the traditional type - fish, egg and ikan belis. For prata, my favourite is the kosong type. Terloh somehow tastes awful, to me.

Just ask yourseLf why ?..cos without these add-ons, there's LittLe mark ups to be make ..hence now we get aLL
those funny craps coming into an otherwise a decent pack of Nasi Lemak.Knn.:(