• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bali Killer's Sentence Angers Family

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
rozi-420x0.jpg

This is a very strange verdict - the judge ordered the killer's personal belongings to be given to the victim's family - would you really want them after your daughter was murdered??

An Indonesian man has escaped a life sentence for killing Australian fashion designer Heidi Murphy in a Bali villa, despite judges describing the crime as sadistic and inhumane.

Ms Murphy's family reacted angrily to the 15-year jail term for Achmad Fahrul Rozi, indicating they would pressure prosecutors to appeal for a stiffer sentence.

Chief judge Daniel Palittim rejected the prosecution's call for a life sentence on a charge of intentionally killing during a crime. The judge said Rozi had panicked when Ms Murphy woke while he was robbing her villa on February 10 and stabbed her to silence her.

The 23-year-old Rozi was found guilty of a secondary charge of robbery with violence, resulting in death.

[READ ON]

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes the first part on the killer's belongings is strange.

However I feel that Australians often question the judicial system of other countries whenever a sentence is passed and it is often deemed as too harsh against their own national or too lenient against the local antagonist.

If the Australian govt does not feel that such countries does not have a proper judicial system, they should inform their national against travelling to such places. This will solve the problem of encroaching into the sovereign rights of the country to practice their own law without interference or threat.

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes the first part on the killer's belongings is strange.

However I feel that Australians often question the judicial system of other countries whenever a sentence is passed and it is often deemed as too harsh against their own national or too lenient against the local antagonist.

If the Australian govt does not feel that such countries does not have a proper judicial system, they should inform their national against travelling to such places. This will solve the problem of encroaching into the sovereign rights of the country to practice their own law without interference or threat.
This guy will be out in a few years with good behaviour. What if it was your daughter murdered - would you find it acceptable? Nothing to do with nationality here.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy will be out in a few years with good behaviour. What if it was your daughter murdered - would you find it acceptable? Nothing to do with nationality here.

Yes of coz it will be an unacceptable outcome for me or any other people.

However coming into the bigger issue of a country's right to practice their own brand of law, these are some other examples

1) e,g the Aussie woman who was jailed for drug trafickking whereby calls for her to serve sentence in Australia instead of Indonesia?.
2) If there is no capital punishment in Australia, why do they press and celebrate when the Bali bomber was sentenced to be executed?
3)Australians called it a barbaric act after the Australian(Viet-origin) who was sentenced to be executed for drug traficikking in Singapore
4) The Brit double murder suspect who was only extradited to Spore after the govt agreed that he would not be executed
5) Appeal by Australia against execution of Bali 9 suspects who were Australians.

As a country of influence, Australia should not adopt a "big bully" attitude akin to its closet ally the US of A.

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes of coz it will be an unacceptable outcome for me or any other people.

However coming into the bigger issue of a country's right to practice their own brand of law, these are some other examples

1) e,g the Aussie woman who was jailed for drug trafickking whereby calls for her to serve sentence in Australia instead of Indonesia?.
2) If there is no capital punishment in Australia, why do they press and celebrate when the Bali bomber was sentenced to be executed?
3)Australians called it a barbaric act after the Australian(Viet-origin) who was sentenced to be executed for drug traficikking in Singapore
4) The Brit double murder suspect who was only extradited to Spore after the govt agreed that he would not be executed
5) Appeal by Australia against execution of Bali 9 suspects who were Australians.

As a country of influence, Australia should not adopt a "big bully" attitude akin to its closet ally the US of A.
Actually you'll note that in most cases the Aust govt will never get involved. You are talking about people's opinions, which are very diverse and not all the same as you have listed... You think Australians are not allowed opinions? Sinkees have many opinions here (outside of SG issues) - what's the problem?

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually you'll note that in most cases the Aust govt will never get involved. You are talking about people's opinions, which are very diverse and not all the same as you have listed... You think Australians are not allowed opinions? Sinkees have many opinions here (outside of SG issues) - what's the problem?

Everyone is allowed to air his/her own opinions. The govt is responsible for the the well-being of its citizen. However a line must be drawn against criticizing the laws of another country. Some if not all of the cases involves the appeal or attendance by an official from Australia. Doesn't that make it an official voice of the govt?

If your citizen is not guilty by all means protect him. But if he's been going around doing all kind of wrongs in a foreign country, why force a another govt to practice double standards. How will this govt answer to their own citizens as they are deemed weak and prostrate to the demand of another country?

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone is allowed to air his/her own opinions. The govt is responsible for the the well-being of its citizen. However a line must be drawn against criticizing the laws of another country. Some if not all of the cases involves the appeal or attendance by an official from Australia. Doesn't that make it an official voice of the govt?

If your citizen is not guilty by all means protect him. But if he's been going around doing all kind of wrongs in a foreign country, why force a another govt to practice double standards. How will this govt answer to their own citizens as they are deemed weak and prostrate to the demand of another country?
There's a difference between moral support and govt intervention (note - attendance and very rarely appeal). The Aust govt have made it extremely clear to all Australians that if you break a law in a foreign country, you will be punished under their laws and the Aust govt will not intervene or attemp to alter the sentence. I can attest to this as a fact!!

This is extremely well known in Australia - how the international media portray current affairs is a different thing. People still ask me if all Australians are racist because of a nobody called Pauline Hanson. That's the power of the global sensationalist media... it's actually unbelievable!!

Can tell u for a fact, that mainstream Australians expect to suffer the consequences if they are caught breaking the law elsewhere... this doesn't mean individuals cannot be passionate about an issue in which they believe... it is a country of free speech, and I, for one won't be shutup because people have tried to generalize 'one voice' for Australia based on individual or minority (or even majority) views.

troubledtimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you arent racist, what about the way you treat aborigines? What about the Neighbours' episode where Susan told her HK family to 'go back to china'?

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you arent racist, what about the way you treat aborigines? What about the Neighbours' episode where Susan told her HK family to 'go back to china'?
OMG!! You think Aussie's are racist coz of a Neighbours episode? That's the craziest thing I've heard in my life!! Who even watches that crap????

Oh and by the way - I'm quarter aboriginal... my family or I have never experienced racism... it exists in every society and Australia is not immune, but it's the narrow-minded minority losers - not mainstream Australia... to label all Australians racist is a racist generalization in itself.

Anyway - this is way off topic.

I you wanna talk racists to me, don't say "you" say "they" and refer to the real dickheads.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a difference between moral support and govt intervention (note - attendance and very rarely appeal). The Aust govt have made it extremely clear to all Australians that if you break a law in a foreign country, you will be punished under their laws and the Aust govt will not intervene or attemp to alter the sentence. I can attest to this as a fact!!

This is extremely well known in Australia - how the international media portray current affairs is a different thing. People still ask me if all Australians are racist because of a nobody called Pauline Hanson. That's the power of the global sensationalist media... it's actually unbelievable!!

Can tell u for a fact, that mainstream Australians expect to suffer the consequences if they are caught breaking the law elsewhere... this doesn't mean individuals cannot be passionate about an issue in which they believe... it is a country of free speech, and I, for one won't be shutup because people have tried to generalize 'one voice' for Australia based on individual or minority (or even majority) views.

Especially in this medium which allows for free speech am i making this point.

To your point on racism - I still think that a significant proportion of Australians are racists due to personal experiences and similar for those near to me. Even you can be regarded as a racist referring to Singaporeans as Sinkees instead of the the actual terms of reference. Do we sink in your eyes? Do you think that it is politically correct term to be used as a matter of respect to other nationalities?

Also the numerous reports about Australian govt intervention with the laws of other nations. The media is free to report and if the govt of Australia feels otherwise, they should officially come forward and release these statements offcially.

Until

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
Especially in this medium which allows for free speech am i making this point.

To your point on racism - I still think that a significant proportion of Australians are racists due to personal experiences and similar for those near to me. Even you can be regarded as a racist referring to Singaporeans as Sinkees instead of the the actual terms of reference. Do we sink in your eyes? Do you think that it is politically correct term to be used as a matter of respect to other nationalities?

Also the numerous reports about Australian govt intervention with the laws of other nations. The media is free to report and if the govt of Australia feels otherwise, they should officially come forward and release these statements offcially.

Until
My apologies for the 'sinkee' term - I don't even know what it means - this seems to be how most people refer to Singaporeans on this forum. I thought was a nickname - didn't know it's racist.. so my apologies again... as long as you don';t call me ang moh, coz my hair's not red...

My experienced wisdom for u - don't believe everything u see in the media, and broaden your horizons - mainstream Aussie's are not racist!!!!!!!!! This is a gross misgeneralization. I never complain about the abuse I get on the streets here for being from another country - I know it's not the norm, just the narrow-minded few... it would never lead me to say that all or most Singaporean's are racist...

By the way, my wife has never experienced racism of any sort in Australia.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG!! You think Aussie's are racist coz of a Neighbours episode? That's the craziest thing I've heard in my life!! Who even watches that crap????

Oh and by the way - I'm quarter aboriginal... my family or I have never experienced racism... it exists in every society and Australia is not immune, but it's the narrow-minded minority losers - not mainstream Australia... to label all Australians racist is a racist generalization in itself.

Anyway - this is way off topic.

I you wanna talk racists to me, don't say "you" say "they" and refer to the real dickheads.

You seem to want to easily disassociate yourself against those Australians who are after all part of your community. However this does not make you free of the responsibility for those racists in your community.

Now you refer to the Aborigines as narrow minded minority losers. If they feel to have been forgotten lot and i understand how they feel looking at the condition the Anglo-Saxons have left them in, i would feel some pity for them instead of calling them such names.

Collective action must be taken to assist the whole of the population. After all the mistakes of the previous govts should be borne by the people who had to bear them.

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seem to want to easily disassociate yourself against those Australians who are after all part of your community. However this does not make you free of the responsibility for those racists in your community.

Now you refer to the Aborigines as narrow minded minority losers. If they feel to have been forgotten lot and i understand how they feel looking at the condition the Anglo-Saxons have left them in, i would feel some pity for them instead of calling them such names.

Collective action must be taken to assist the whole of the population. After all the mistakes of the previous govts should be borne by the people who had to bear them.
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? Read what I wrote - I am part aboriginal - the racists are the narrow-minded ones... are you aven reading what you are responding to?

Anyway - I am not reponsible for any racist person - I meet one on the street, they'll get their nose broken if they direct it to me or my family.

I fail to see what any of this has to do with a Balinese guy getting such a light sentence for murder???!! Find someone else to throw such ridiculous criticisms at - I couldn't be bothered with such rubbish. Too much hate already in this world.

troubledtimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please, the one drop blood rule does not hold water anywhere but the US. If you are 3/4 of something, you follow whichever you are 3/4 of. Bruce Lee was 1/4 white, and you dont see him banging about being white. I am 1/4 indian myself, and i dont bang on about that!

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please, the one drop blood rule does not hold water anywhere but the US. If you are 3/4 of something, you follow whichever you are 3/4 of. Bruce Lee was 1/4 white, and you dont see him banging about being white. I am 1/4 indian myself, and i dont bang on about that!
What's this - pick on Aussie Pete night... mate, don't insult my grandmother. I'm proud of where I've come from, even if you're not. Who's "banging" anything - you said I was racist against aboriginals, I respoded to tell you my grandmother was aboriginal - what's your fucking beef?

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
My apologies for the 'sinkee' term - I don't even know what it means - this seems to be how most people refer to Singaporeans on this forum. I thought was a nickname - didn't know it's racist.. so my apologies again... as long as you don';t call me ang moh, coz my hair's not red...

My experienced wisdom for u - don't believe everything u see in the media, and broaden your horizons - mainstream Aussie's are not racist!!!!!!!!! This is a gross misgeneralization. I never complain about the abuse I get on the streets here for being from another country - I know it's not the norm, just the narrow-minded few... it would never lead me to say that all or most Singaporean's are racist...

By the way, my wife has never experienced racism of any sort in Australia.

What do you mean by broadening my horizon? Does my Asian origin place me of lower knowledge to that of a Caucasian? Does my personal experience not count in my own perception or do i have to be forced to adopt a sense of political correctness in existence throughout the majority parts of Australia?

Of coz your wife would never experience becoz she has adopted to marry into the so called "elite" community and adopted the western culture. But for those who still believes in asian values and adopts asian cultures, they are simply being called the lower end of society. Look at the TV and see how many % of asians are potrayed on TV alongside Asutralians. Compare that to the demographics. Is that a good representation?

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
rozi-420x0.jpg

This is a very strange verdict - the judge ordered the killer's personal belongings to be given to the victim's family - would you really want them after your daughter was murdered??

An Indonesian man has escaped a life sentence for killing Australian fashion designer Heidi Murphy in a Bali villa, despite judges describing the crime as sadistic and inhumane.

Ms Murphy's family reacted angrily to the 15-year jail term for Achmad Fahrul Rozi, indicating they would pressure prosecutors to appeal for a stiffer sentence.

Chief judge Daniel Palittim rejected the prosecution's call for a life sentence on a charge of intentionally killing during a crime. The judge said Rozi had panicked when Ms Murphy woke while he was robbing her villa on February 10 and stabbed her to silence her.

The 23-year-old Rozi was found guilty of a secondary charge of robbery with violence, resulting in death.

[READ ON]
Here's the story again... post a comment about this instead hey?...

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you mean by broadening my horizon? Does my Asian origin place me of lower knowledge to that of a Caucasian? Does my personal experience not count in my own perception or do i have to be forced to adopt a sense of political correctness in existence throughout the majority parts of Australia?

Of coz your wife would never experience becoz she has adopted to marry into the so called "elite" community and adopted the western culture. But for those who still believes in asian values and adopts asian cultures, they are simply being called the lower end of society. Look at the TV and see how many % of asians are potrayed on TV alongside Asutralians. Compare that to the demographics. Is that a good representation?
Mate - now u are just being racist yourself... nothing more to say to you. Grow a brain.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Sinkee' is a self-deprecating term some forummers use here, more like the term 'born loser' in America. It is not a term used widely in S'pore.

I don't think the term is racist.

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
'Sinkee' is a self-deprecating term some forummers use here, more like the term 'born loser' in America. It is not a term used widely in S'pore.

I don't think the term is racist.
Thanks for the clarification mate... hehe - I'm not game to ever use it again. Learnt something new. :biggrin: