• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Baey Yam Keng: CDAC to reach out to new immigrants. A Truly 反骨仔!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted in News | Tagged: City Harvest Church, Ho Yeow Sun, Kong Hee | 16 Comments »
[h=2]Baey Yam Keng: CDAC to reach out to new immigrants[/h]Posted by temasektimes on June 26, 2012

PAP MP Baey Yam Keng who incurred the wrath of native Singaporeans by publicly defending NUS PRC scholar Sun Xu for scolding them ‘dogs’ a few months ago had unveiled further initiatives to reach out to foreigners.

Speaking to queries from the media, Mr Baey, who is also a member of CDAC’s board of directors declared that CDAC wants to work more closely with new immigrants.

“Many new immigrants have expressed interest in helping the community but, because they are new to Singapore, they often do not know how,” he said.

Mr Baey added that CDAC can play a role to link them up and to advise them on how they can help within the community.

The government splurged $10 million dollars on a Community Integration Fund in 2010 to help make the new immigrants feel happy, welcomed and accepted in Singapore.

Singaporeans have also been urged repeatedly by PAP leaders like Mr Baey to open their ‘hearts’ and ‘embrace’ the newcomers.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still have a $1 deduction for payment to CDAC on your monthly payslip?

Time to cancel it.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak... i have several cheap and free initiatives to integrate the new citizens:

Ah Tiongs - put all Ah Tiong Bus through compulsory KTV education on how to treat Sinkies men
Ah Nehs - give each of them a free can of Baygon to spray on themselves
Pinoy - round up all the viva hot babes standard type and put them through compulsory homestay in Sinkies HDB flat serving as maid

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was never classified as a minister material. He was brought in to link up with the SAP generation that have gone into arts and the abstract world. His dressing, his plays and the way he behaves is far removed from the likes of Tang Guan Seng, Multi Purpose Gan etc who are considered main stream chinese ed which is an important group. Baey is identified with the likes of Tangent who are not comfortable with traditional PAP Chinese ed MP and want to carve their own identity in looking after the Chinese culture and language - scholars, well educated, immersed in first rate Western Educational Institutions but still consider Mandarin as their primary language. This group despite early claims of being a civic movement inclined towards academia is getting more political by the day and have approached political parties formally as individual but informally and below line as a pressure group

BYK star us bright. Ministerial potential.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The money in CDAC is for the poor. Which means, the new citizen must be poor then can benefit.

If the new citizen is poor mean no standard, then why do we allow them to become new citizen?

Why are we burdening ourselves by allowing no standard foreigners to become new citizen?

CDAC has already been used to help other races and now new citizen? Are we really donating for a worthy cause?

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The money in CDAC is for the poor. Which means, the new citizen must be poor then can benefit.

If the new citizen is poor mean no standard, then why do we allow them to become new citizen?

Why are we burdening ourselves by allowing no standard foreigners to become new citizen?

CDAC has already been used to help other races and now new citizen? Are we really donating for a worthy cause?

there's a saying 卖国求荣. Sell your country to foreign trash to ensure that you'll stay in power.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Poor new citizens ? Ha Ha Ha.The Great PAP can do anything cos nobody can stop them as they have the mighty 60 % greedy cowards supporting them.
The CDAC have bent the rules and broke the trust of the contributing working Chinese Singaporean employees.
Same for CPF,they bent the rules and broke the trust of the CPF members when they defer the CPF withdrawal date from 55 yo to 65 yo.
KNNCCN to PAP !
KNNCCB to the 60 %

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Still have a $1 deduction for payment to CDAC on your monthly payslip?

Time to cancel it.

hi there

1. bro, i had already terminated mine 5 years ago.
2. i really don't see its objectives & purpose hoh!
3. dafter sheep should ask what is the cdac's core fundamentals?
4. locals or foreigners?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back then my company also got deduction for this and community chest.
After I cancelled the HR director called me.
In the conversation she implied why I see no open the little amount and why cannot just be like everyone else.
I asked her since she like to contribute she can pay on my behalf and hung up. That bitch is now one of the 81 wearing white....initials GF

hi there

1. bro, i had already terminated mine 5 years ago.
2. i really don't see its objectives & purpose hoh!
3. dafter sheep should ask what is the cdac's core fundamentals?
4. locals or foreigners?

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
initials GF

the same fella who said this during the pay review? :biggrin:

She had written: "When I made the decision to join politics in 2006, pay was not a key factor. Loss of privacy, public scrutiny on myself and my family and loss of personal time were. The disruption to my career was also an important consideration.

"I had some ground to believe that my family would not suffer a drastic change in the standard of living even though I experienced a drop in my income. So it is with this recent pay cut. If the balance is tilted further in the future, it will make it harder for any one considering political office."

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1175018/1/.html

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
the same fella who said this during the pay review? :biggrin:

She had written: "When I made the decision to join politics in 2006, pay was not a key factor. Loss of privacy, public scrutiny on myself and my family and loss of personal time were. The disruption to my career was also an important consideration.

"I had some ground to believe that my family would not suffer a drastic change in the standard of living even though I experienced a drop in my income. So it is with this recent pay cut. If the balance is tilted further in the future, it will make it harder for any one considering political office."

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1175018/1/.html

OOOOOOOh! That bitch ah? What inclination was she? Was she a screamer? A silent biter or just plain dead fish? Now don't give us the "GENTLEMAN NEVER KISS & TELL" shit routine!

jw5

Loyal
“Many new immigrants have expressed interest in helping the community but, because they are new to Singapore, they often do not know how,” he said.

My Baey, you can invite them to your home for homestay and teach them how.