• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aware Civil Suit - an opportunity to clear the air.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In view of Thio Su Mien's rather startling revelation about the conduct of the sexual education program and the subsequent denial by the old guards at their press conference, there needs to be some clarity for the sake of the general public.

Even if the old guards retake AWARE, it will not shoo away the allegations. Further allegation will surface of a cover up. Or the new AWARE will claim that their actions forced the old guards to change direction.

Would recommend that these allegation are tested in a court of law so that the opportunity is provided for Thio Su Mien to proof her case and the old guard to defend themselves. I am sure both sides can bring in their experts.

This is not about a difference in opinion in the direction of a particular position. Allegations have been made by one party and they are denied by another.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
before this is over, the Old Aware I think is gone already, as it is termed as a pro-gay organisation.

As most Singaporeans remains conservatives. whether they are neutral or not does not matters.

I don't actually pity those sexual minorities because they will somehow find their own support groups.

However it will be those facing the New Aware that will have problems having the New Aware's belief shoving down their thoarts. Those sexually oriented minority will feel guilty or dispised when among them, single lebsian mums will avoid them. Will those sexually confused teenagers be converted?

Whats the point of going to court whereby everybody will come out smelling like in sewage dump regardless, especially the Thio is a lawyer herself. Use the money reorganise and refocus.

Maybe the Old Aware can now have a single minded purpose, to serve the sexually minorities since the New Aware will not cover that area.

cheers....

lets move on

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good points. But the gays and lesbians have acted in crude and militant like manner and they will not back down. If what they claim is true, that the old AWARE was not used to promote their cause then why are they, as a group creating such a foul scene? The answer is obvious for all.

I will be surprised if this goes to court because the reaction of the gay and lesbian community is crystal clear for all to see. If indeed the old AWARE was neutral or not supporting their cause then why all the fuss? It is a lost case for the old AWARE because the only group coming out to support them are the gay and lesbian community.

The behaviour of the gay and lesbian community goes to show that they are indeed their very own worst enemy. But they are too self-absorbed to realise this and hence their crude reactions.

The old AWARE should be ashamed that only the gay and lesbian community has come out in their defence. The answer is crystal clear as to why the gay and lesbian community supports the old AWARE.

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
In view of Thio Su Mien's rather startling revelation about the conduct of the sexual education program and the subsequent denial by the old guards at their press conference, there needs to be some clarity for the sake of the general public.

Even if the old guards retake AWARE, it will not shoo away the allegations. Further allegation will surface of a cover up. Or the new AWARE will claim that their actions forced the old guards to change direction.

Would recommend that these allegation are tested in a court of law so that the opportunity is provided for Thio Su Mien to proof her case and the old guard to defend themselves. I am sure both sides can bring in their experts.

This is not about a difference in opinion in the direction of a particular position. Allegations have been made by one party and they are denied by another.
The ball stps at the foot of Ah Hen,the only snactioned 4 million FT importer into Spore.But he could nopt find his voice,until now that is.

Would you trust this HEN?I wouldn't

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
In view of Thio Su Mien's rather startling revelation about the conduct of the sexual education program

I strongly recommend against this course of action. Should a civil lawsuit be filed by Thio Su Mien vs AWARE's old guard, this will not be Thio Su Mien vs AWARE, but COOS vs AWARE.

GLBTQ issues have been raging in society for the past late half of last century all the way till now - and there still is no definite answer as to what is right, and what is wrong.

A civil suit will be a protracted affair, and a protracted civil court case is predominantly about one thing - money. Who has the money to engage lawyers, expert witnesses, etc. And with this kind of issue, where debates can go on forever, with equally good supporting evidence on both sides, it will be a money sinkhole, and a high potential of it turning into a circus show. Even if there are lawyers and expert witnesses willing to act pro bono, the costs will still run up.

All these money can and should be used instead to further AWARE's efforts - not engaging in some courtroom battle. And I believe that with regards to the war chest, COOS and Thio Su Mien will have a much bigger one.

Continuing this argument will only serves to divide the public even further. It is a contest of beliefs, not of evidence - and people will be forced to take sides. How are you going to argue against this point "In the Bible, God says homosexuality is a sin."? For AWARE, which aim to be all inclusive, it makes no sense to alienate further the very same people they are advocating rights for.

Also, engaging in a civil suit (under what accusation by the way? Defamation?) blows things out of proportion, and forces the government to take a stand. Right now, the public media is slanted towards the old AWARE, but if the MIW is forced to step in, my bets are that they will take a conservative stand, and support the new AWARE.

Finish the fight for good in the EOGM, and move on. Don't escalate issues further - the real work comes in image-building and maintaining the public interest, no matter if AWARE falls back into the hands of the old guards, or if they have to establish a new association.

Last edited:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
I should rephrased my

"Maybe the Old Aware can now have a single minded purpose, to serve the sexually minorities since the New Aware will not cover that area."

It should read as "Maybe the Old Aware can now have a single minded purpose, to serve all women inclusive the sexually minorities to those who share the same belief since the New Aware will not cover that area"

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old AWARE pro-gay ?

LKY and Wooden pro-gay ?

Then is PAP pro-gay ?

CIVIL SUIT is good to clear the air---i agree !

But everybody must cross the fingers, like one insurance coy, two to three bus loads of members will oust the pitiful josie.

Baboons already hinting to take down the new guards. /SIZE][/B]

Last edited:

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
before this is over, the Old Aware I think is gone already, as it is termed as a pro-gay organisation.

As most Singaporeans remains conservatives. whether they are neutral or not does not matters.

cheers....

lets move on

The Old Aware is termed Pro-Gay only by the New Aware. As far as most people following this saga, the Old Aware is for women, regardless of sexual orientation.

As far as I know, not being anti-gay does not mean its pro.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Old Aware is termed Pro-Gay only by the New Aware. As far as most people following this saga, the Old Aware is for women, regardless of sexual orientation.

Stop lying!

The fact that gays are upset at the old AWARE being ousted is clear that they have lost a front for their cause. Only a lying idiot can't see that because even idiots can see that.

What's so pitiful is the clear manner with which the pro-gay community cannot be trusted to uphold any semblance of truth and its desire to commit to personal attacks and mischief against fellow members of society.

Just as pitiful is the fact that thus far only the gay community has come out in support of the old AWARE.

jw5

Loyal

And she should represent herself?

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal

The old AWARE teaches that "anal sex is healthy if practice with consent and a condom"..

Think about the implications. If the message is not meant for the gay community and advocating the homosexual is okay. The the message is meant for young school girls saying that it is natural for guys to poke their backside instead of the natural way.

Why? I know 90% of the girls finds anal sex painful and only sick guys with twisted mind will want to hurt the woman they love.

So isn't AWARE sacrificing the woman's welfare for the benefit of the gay community?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very well put and may I also add anti any discrimination...

Perhaps this is a reminder that the gay/lesbian issue maybe a red herring after all...the issue should instead be framed as the insidious rise of the Christian Right...

To Scroobal, I don't think a civil suit is a good idea...just plays into Dr Thio and her motley gang's hands that this is a gay/lesbian issue which attracts sympathy from the majority conservative singgies

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Evidence please...and while we are on the subject of "truth"...has Dr Thio and her motley gang been totally honest?:rolleyes:
Stop lying!

The fact that gays are upset at the old AWARE being ousted is clear that they have lost a front for their cause. Only a lying idiot can't see that because even idiots can see that.

What's so pitiful is the clear manner with which the pro-gay community cannot be trusted to uphold any semblance of truth and its desire to commit to personal attacks and mischief against fellow members of society.

Just as pitiful is the fact that thus far only the gay community has come out in support of the old AWARE.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they will only go to court if someone's reputation is sullied in the continuing slugfest. Mudslinging and accusations are just the beginning towards a slippery slope.

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
National agenda for crankpot Thio.

Thio knows her time is up, she dared not make further moves against idol worshippers because she will be forced to declare war against other infidels, moslems. Therefore she thinks bashing hedonistic bapoks will be a better way to garnish her credentials before she die.

Only in Peasantpore.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
To Scroobal, I don't think a civil suit is a good idea...just plays into Dr Thio and her motley gang's hands that this is a gay/lesbian issue which attracts sympathy from the majority conservative singgies

I kind of agree with this as I m sure Thio would have prepared for that and as a senior lawyer, she is not easy to deal with, whether in or outside the courtroom.

I rather Thio not given the pleasure of winning a courtroom battle that would give her inflated ego even more boast.

If she could organised such a takeover, i m sure she is ready for any aftermath battles.

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Kangaroo Court just released a kangaroo, so to speak.

One lackey judge, too used to rubber-stamping regime dissenters' cases, made a silly ruling that forced him to let a exceeding bad driver escape with a handsome fine.