• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ASX/SGX Merger

pohchuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
as noted by QXD, those who trade on both bourses should be mindful from here on...

I think SGX can benefit from the derivatives expertise of ASX and ASX can benefit from exposure to the Asian markets. I am buying in SGX since the price is battered down right now. Besides, now is the beginning of stock cycle and the decline to asset class cycle.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do see a lot of objections from the Aussie side...probably no deal!!!

If the Aussie govt approve another stock exchange in Australia, then the ASX purchase will not be as attractive.

As for ASX purchase, I believe the govt will put in conditions to safeguard Aussie (and the pollies own) interests.