• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AssAF Going Down The Drain Cos OVERPAID FAT CATS?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>May 21, 2009
DEATH OF SAF SERVICEMAN
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Killed in parachute jump <!--10 min-->
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
commando.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

FILE PIC: Commandos in Singapore all geared up and ready for a parachute jump boarding a RSAF C-130 transport aircraft on June 27, 2005. -- PHOTO: SPH
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"-->
A REGULAR SAF serviceman was killed during a parachute training session in Bloemfontein, South Africa.
First Warrant Officer (1WO) Tan Poh Eng, 53, was participating in a free-fall jump on May 20, Mindef revealed in a statement.
The parachute jump instructor was part of a six-man team that jumped off a Republic of Singapore Air Force C-130 aircraft at a height of 12,500 feet to conduct a formation jump.
But when the formation broke off at 3,500 feet to deploy their parachutes, 1WO Tan spiralled downwards to the ground.
He was found unconscious at about 4.45pm (Singapore time).
Immediate medical attention was given by a SAF doctor and medic on-site.
He was then heli-evacuated at 5.15pm and arrived at about 5.35pm at the Pelonomi Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 5.57pm.
The SAF conducts freefall training is South Africa once every two years. 1WO Tan was part of a 51-member Commando team participating in SAF freefall which runs from Apr 27 to May 24.
Mindef and the SAF extend their deepest condolences to the family of the late 1WO Tan and will assist the family in their time of grief. The incident is under investigation, all SAF freefall training has been temporarily suspended.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>>free-fall formation jump off a Republic of Singapore Air Force C-130 aircraft at a height of 12,500 feet......
......when formation broke off at 3,500 feet to deploy parachutes, 1WO Tan spiralled downwards to the ground.....
He was found unconscious at about 4.45pm (Singapore time)......
He was then heli-evacuated at 5.15pm......<<<

What medical attention? Help to close his eyes?

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>>free-fall formation jump off a Republic of Singapore Air Force C-130 aircraft at a height of 12,500 feet......
......when formation broke off at 3,500 feet to deploy parachutes, 1WO Tan spiralled downwards to the ground.....
He was found unconscious at about 4.45pm (Singapore time)......
He was then heli-evacuated at 5.15pm......<<<

What medical attention? Help to close his eyes?

No, to help confirm that he's dead.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Died for NDPee aka Familee Day ? Worth it?

i dun think he is stupid enough to die for the LEES. but it is just a sinkie ego inflicted death. At 53, he should just relax and see the young ones in action and be happy for them.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dun think he is stupid enough to die for the LEES. but it is just a sinkie ego inflicted death. At 53, he should just relax and see the young ones in action and be happy for them.

At 53 I watch my grandson....fall from 12,500 feet....and be proud of it..alive! that is!:rolleyes:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
AssAF MO & medics are not god. the old fella free fall 12500ft, his organs already become juice the moment he touch the ground. they r there to take away the corpse from the landing zone, so that others can land properly la.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was thinking the same thing. I am SURE that SAF will not force him to jump at that age. I am SURPRISED that SAF LET him jump even though he may have insisted.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was thinking the same thing. I am SURE that SAF will not force him to jump at that age. I am SURPRISED that SAF LET him jump even though he may have insisted.
in case u never know, most farmers in green r ppl without much calibre for the real world. they sign their life away bcos they cannot make it in the real world. when they're over the hill, they gotta stupid things in order to maintain that rusted iron rice bowl

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
in case u never know, most farmers in green r ppl without much calibre for the real world. they sign their life away bcos they cannot make it in the real world. when they're over the hill, they gotta stupid things in order to maintain that rusted iron rice bowl

At 53, I don't think it will make a difference. His retirement age is already fixed.