• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Arsenal Season 2009-10

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arsenal 5 Porto 0, my favourite score,
can win big money and entertaining,
with one hat-trick hero.

Shin Orochi

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Football: Season over for Arsenal's skipper Fabregas

Posted: 02 April 2010 0016 hrs

<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="260"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" width="20"></td> <td align="right" width="240">
phpbtQKGZ.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="60" valign="top"></td> <td class="update" height="80" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="138">Photos </td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="47">1 of 1</td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" onclick="Prev();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" type="image" height="15" width="18"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="19"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" onclick="Play()" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" type="image" height="15" width="19"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " onclick="Next();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" type="image" height="15" width="18"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas (R) reacts with an injury.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td class="update"></td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

LONDON: Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas will not play again this season after suffering a small crack in his right fibula during Wednesday's Champions League draw with Barcelona.

However, the 22-year-old Spanish international is confident that he will be fit for the World Cup which starts on June 11.

An Arsenal statement on Thursday read: "Following a scan this afternoon, the club can confirm that Cesc Fabregas has suffered a small crack in his right fibula as a result of the collision with Barcelona skipper Carles Puyol during Wednesday evening's match.

"As a consequence, Cesc will miss the remainder of the domestic campaign as he will be out of action for at six weeks. Everyone at the club wishes Cesc a full and speedy recovery." Fabregas almost missed out on the 2-2 draw with Barcelona at the Emirates Stadium owing to the severe bruising to his knee and leg he suffered last week at Birmingham.

He came through a fitness test in the warm-up and scored a late penalty to rescue a draw after Zlatan Ibrahimovic had scored twice for Barca and substitute Theo Walcott had pulled a goal back for the Londoners. Fabregas would have missed the second leg against his old club regardless of his fitness after a first half booking.

He suffered the fibula injury in a collision with Puyol - but he still expects to be fit for the World Cup with Spain when the tournament begins in 10 weeks' time. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will also have to do without Russian playmaker Andrey Arshavin for up to three weeks after he picked up a calf problem against Barcelona and had to be substituted.

French defender William Gallas, meanwhile, also looks set to be unavailable for the remainder of the domestic campaign after he broke down on his return following eight games out with a calf injury. Arsenal resume their Premier League title race with the visit of Wolves on Saturday.

With leaders Manchester United hosting Chelsea, the Gunners could close the current gap, which stands at four points, with victory over Mick McCarthy's relegation battlers. - AFP/de

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Football: Season over for Arsenal's skipper Fabregas

I think the season more or less is over. At least Wenger can use the injuries as an excuse why we did not win anything this season. I think in summer, there will be a buying spree with a goalkeeper, another central defender and one more striker (in addition to Chamkah) coming in. Time to get rid of some cannot-make-its such as Aluminium and Silvestre.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal

Posted: 02 April 2010 0016 hrs

A good slap on the face to all the Arsewipe fans
who gloated and laughed about Rooney's injury.
Just a damn shame players like him and Rooney,
cannot play in the most decisive matches.
I hope Fabregas played his last game for ArseWipe,
time to leave for a club that can actually win some sliverware.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the season more or less is over. At least Wenger can use the injuries as an excuse why we did not win anything this season. I think in summer, there will be a buying spree with a goalkeeper, another central defender and one more striker (in addition to Chamkah) coming in. Time to get rid of some cannot-make-its such as Aluminium and Silvestre.

I told you about Almunia years ago. The other two are equally bad. A few other players shouldn't even be in the team or play premier league football. BTW, your team still got chance lar. So far they've been very lucky. Losers against the big boys but still in with a shout.

G

General Veers

Arsenal keeps title bid alive

Sport
Apr 4, 2010

Arsenal keeps title bid alive

<!-- by line --> <!-- end by line --> LONDON - NICKLAS Bendtner struck in the fourth minute of added time as Arsenal maintained their Premier League title challenge with a 1-0 win over 10-man Wolves on Saturday. Arsene Wenger's side seemed set for a disappointing draw that would have all but ended their hopes of catching leaders Chelsea after failing to find a way through a Wolves side depleted by the 66th minute dismissal of Karl Henry. But Bendtner's header from Bacary Sagna's corner ensured they moved to within three points of Carlo Ancelotti's side with five games remaining. And after a largely frustrating performance, the Gunners will now head to face Barcelona for the return leg of their Champions League quarter-final on Tuesday with renewed confidence. -- AFP

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

A good slap on the face to all the Arsewipe fans
who gloated and laughed about Rooney's injury.
Just a damn shame players like him and Rooney,
cannot play in the most decisive matches.
I hope Fabregas played his last game for ArseWipe,
time to leave for a club that can actually win some sliverware.

I do think Arsenal will be second this season but it is too late to beat Chelsea. BTW, hoping for Fabregas to leave Arsenal should not be your priority. You should be praying that Fergie sends the senior citizens into retirement when he leaves this summer. Man U is entering another period of mediocrity leow.

Half baked players, mountain of debts and a new manager. oooooooo.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arse should recall Jack Wilshere back to the first team in the light of Fabs injury. Thot he was easily the most impressive player for Bolton. Among the three-Fab, Wilshere and Nasri who are basically identical type of players, Wilshere should be ranked ahead of Nasri.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TONIGHT !!!!!

History will be made ! A sensational UPSET is brewing .....

1)Arsenal have nothing to lose at the Nou Camp
2) Almunia sometimes can play out of his skin
3) No CL Champion has successfully retained the title
4) Every dog has its day ...
5) Thierry Henry will be the man of controversy ...

No special reason, something just tells me to expect the unexpected tonight at Nou Camp .... against superlative odds like Messi & Xavi, no Arshavin, no Fabregas, no Gallas, only Walcott & that dane striker ....

Arsenal to return home with a 1-0 triumph scored in the dying minutes of the game ..... :cool:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1)Arsenal have nothing to lose at the Nou Camp
2) Almunia sometimes can play out of his skin
3) No CL Champion has successfully retained the title
4) Every dog has its day ...
5) Thierry Henry will be the man of controversy ...

Even Nottingham Forest could defend a Euro Champ title, and of course Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Ajax Amsterdam and AC Milan, not to mention Real Madrid who did it several times. It's now called ECL instead of ECC after the the early 90s introduction of the group "league" stage.

That's to accommodate of the breakup of USSR and Yugoslavia introducing more countries and more clubs into Europe. And of course, to give 2nd to 4th placing clubs in big leagues a chance of a shot at it. Beyond the group stage, it's the same ECC competition.

For example, Liverpool is champion of Europe 5 times, not once only (under ECL system). Ditto MU is 3 times, not twice.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually hor, I also have the same tingling up my spine leh. Whole week I have been thinking Barcelona losing two matches in a row this week to Arsenal first and then Real, thus derailing their campaign.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually hor, I also have the same tingling up my spine leh. Whole week I have been thinking Barcelona losing two matches in a row this week to Arsenal first and then Real, thus derailing their campaign.

A repeat of last week Manchester United losing to Bayern Munich and Chelsea in consecutive games. Yes, from double favorites down to dumps.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Never never under estimate the influence of the IBM - international bookie master-network .... together with the legal big bookmaker companies, they can skilfully improve / destroy odds ......

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never never under estimate the influence of the IBM - international bookie master-network .... together with the legal big bookmaker companies, they can skilfully improve / destroy odds ......

Bro, cos I saw your message, I just placed $50 with Pools on Arsenal to win 1-0 ($25) and to win ($25). Odds is 6.25 and 18. HUAT AH!

jw5

Loyal
Arsenal is missing Fabregas, Gallas, Arshavin, Song, Van Persie.
Barcelona is missing Pique, Puyol, Ibrahimovic.
If you ask me, Arsenal have a chance, but Barcelona are good for a few goals at the Nou Camp on any given day,
Should be a cracker.