• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

are Singaporeans obnoxious?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
do we always have the right of way?

first episode was witnessed at Pasar Makan this morning: a man was parking alongside a double yellow line in wait inside the carpark, single lanes in both directions. other vehicles behind this man had to cut out in the other lane to overtake, hence the cars in the opposite direction gets stuck.
then saw a young lady getting out of a car from the opposite direction to snap a picture of this man parking at the double yellow line, he drove off immediately. who has the right of way?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
second episode: overheard from a friend that a guy was walking alone on the pavement, met a small family travelling in opposite directions. walking pseudo abreast, they would obviously take up more space.
the guy stood still to allow the family to walk past him, practicing defensive 'walking' so to speak. the mother in the family still knocked into him anyway and she got offended, chiding him: "you don't know how to give way ah?" (or something to that effect)
who has the right of way?

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
do we always have the right of way?

first episode was witnessed at Pasar Makan this morning: a man was parking alongside a double yellow line in wait inside the carpark, single lanes in both directions. other vehicles behind this man had to cut out in the other lane to overtake, hence the cars in the opposite direction gets stuck.
then saw a young lady getting out of a car from the opposite direction to snap a picture of this man parking at the double yellow line, he drove off immediately. who has the right of way?

This kind of behavior is only exhibited by PAP members or supporters. This is pretty evident in the way PAP governs - they care not one bit about others but think only of benefiting themselves.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
second episode: overheard from a friend that a guy was walking alone on the pavement, met a small family travelling in opposite directions. walking pseudo abreast, they would obviously take up more space.
the guy stood still to allow the family to walk past him, practicing defensive 'walking' so to speak. the mother in the family still knocked into him anyway and she got offended, chiding him: "you don't know how to give way ah?" (or something to that effect)

this type of behaviour, every race is guilty of it..

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Too many encounters with inconsiderate people to describe here. All I can say is, if everyone takes the initiative to give way to others, all frictions will be gone immediately. Unfortunately, everyone is in a rush and a combination of ego and being self-absorbed takes over, resulting in the ugly Singaporean.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In all my encounters, cyclists are the rudest. They think they automatically have right of way every time, and curse and swear if you don't give way. Impatient, ride too quickly, and never give signal of their presence.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Women generally expect the other party to give way, irregardless the other party is men or women. Many time iwalk on the left side of the pavement, two women walking abreast toward me, 9 out 10 times, the women wont give way and crash into me. And all of them expect an apology which i will response by giving her this.:oIo:

As for the car blocking the way, all races and genders are guilty of it. Worse offenders are aunties and men who drive expensive cars.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
From my plentiful experience giving signal aka using the bicycle bell is seen as rude by many people. Same as using a cars horn.

Cyclists should ring the bell when behind joggers/pedestrians so we know to keep to our lane until you pass. The worst is speed past us, resulting in a near miss, or creep up on us like a silent ghost and then you're suddenly in our face.

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cyclists should ring the bell when behind joggers/pedestrians so we know to keep to our lane until you pass. The worst is speed past us, resulting in a near miss, or creep up on us like a silent ghost and then you're suddenly in our face.

You sound exactly like the guy who wrote this article: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=195053897321715&set

"Today seniors can no longer enjoy leisurely strolls around their neighbourhood as pedestrians walking on pathways must be on high alert, out of fear that cyclists may appear out of nowhere and knock them down"

Is it you?

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
third episode: witnessed at Marine Parade Road this morning as me was going for a run at ECP, saw the vehicles trailing a long way back towards VJ side, decided to walk toward the source of this 'jam'. many vehicles trying to make a left turn into NgeeAnn Primary and Katong Convent, one left turning lane, but two vehicles turning at the same time. noticed that in this two lane traffic, there was a double white line on the road, indicating that the vehicles on the right lane (non-turning lane) aren't really supposed to cross that line to make a left turn there. vehicles blasting their horns, folks losing their cool... pity those folks living at St. Patrick Residences... have to endure such cacophony early in the morning. who has the right of way?

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
third episode: witnessed at Marine Parade Road this morning as me was going for a run at ECP, saw the vehicles trailing a long way back towards VJ side, decided to walk toward the source of this 'jam'. many vehicles trying to make a left turn into NgeeAnn Primary and Katong Convent, one left turning lane, but two vehicles turning at the same time. noticed that in this two lane traffic, there was a double white line on the road, indicating that the vehicles on the right lane (non-turning lane) aren't really supposed to cross that line to make a left turn there. vehicles blasting their horns, folks losing their cool... pity those folks living at St. Patrick Residences... have to endure such cacophony early in the morning. who has the right of way?

people who reproduce aree obnoxious. therefore we make remove the productive organs of all singpies!!! it should be a citizenship/PR requirement!!!

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think Singaporeans are normal people . I would not describe them as abnoxious people.
If you are abnoxious, you will find people abnoxiious.
If you are hostile, confrontational and adversarial, you will find people hostile,confrontational and abnoxious.

I have no problems with Singaporeans. I always find them nice, courteous and polite. I wish them good morning and they quickly wish me back.
I meet them everywhere and they are one of the nicest people on earth.

Singaporeans are wonderful people. I don't find them abnoxious at all. Many are shy and timid. But certainly not abnoxious.Thank you.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
... that's why one must avoid living with Sinkies

it's your loss

living with non singaporeans is worse

you never know when they will finish you off - piecemeal

singaporeans are the world's best governed citizens and the most polite and honest ....majulah singapura!!!