• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are SIM Cards easily clones? Shop asked my friend for name /ic number at Sim Lim

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
I followed my friend to Sim Lim 4th floor, a tiny shop where you can ask them to download anything under the sun. She wanted local GPRS settings on her china phone .

One young local PRC girl say ok..leave your phone SIM card and all for 10 minutes. Gave her the phone and she disappeared behind to begin download.

After 10 minutes she asked for name and i/c number. Of course we gave her false name and number. Is she trying to clone my friend;s SIM card? Thought downloading s/w no need SIM card even?

Why she ask for name and i/c number? Anyone can explain?

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so dat dey can use ur particulars 2 register on new prepaid card n sell it as pre-registered prepaid SIM card... get it? :rolleyes: