• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Apple falls out of world's top three smartphone makers after iPhone sales drop

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dude higher resale yes ... but that is bcos the phone is much higher price in the 1st place . N imagine using a 32 gb phone in this day and age. I know of ppl keep deleting stuff bcos capacity is full . Now a days 64 GB also too little. And of course the camera is crap for older phones

The most premium Samsung phones also cost a pretty penny at launch, but like all other Android phones, they depreciate rapidly.

And that's why Samsung is tempting you with free gifts for Galaxy Note 10 pre-orders now. :wink:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most premium Samsung phones also cost a pretty penny at launch, but like all other Android phones, they depreciate rapidly.

And that's why Samsung is tempting you with free gifts for Galaxy Note 10 pre-orders now. :wink:
Thanks for reminding me...it's a good phone will go book one now the note 10plus....

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My preference is dual SIM with sd card slot. With mobiles. Bcos is an everyday device ... flexibility is damn important

I never thought or bothered about the two sim Slots plus the SD card clot. was an ardent iPhone user...until an iPhone died out on me & no phone, how to retrieve phone book contacts in a country where internet is slow & the place is remote. That was when the realisation of a SD slot...at least one could go buy a cheaper, phone, slot in the SD card export the phone book contacts in...& still communicate...& have another back up...write down important phone numbers in a notebook.

A backup SD hard is essential...we can't rely on CLOUD services in time of emergency at a location..we never expect to be...that is where I have gone over to Android phones...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just saw the Note 10, Note 10+....the price is too expensive...

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was an ardent Iphone supporter, I pay less now, buying Samsung or other Android phones, though I still uses a Macbook Pro. I can get a good phone camera, expansion slot etc...much cheaper than the lowest iPhone XR at that price. iPhone is dying....
iPhone does not excite me the way it did when Steve was in charge.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
iPhone does not excite me the way it did when Steve was in charge.

Me too now, I pay that kind of craxy prices, I get better mobile mobiles, better screen, better camera, camera spaces..expansion slot as in SD card..at an extremely cheaper price....for example a Samsung Galaxy A70 or the coming out soon...the Oppo Reno 2 ( not the "z") same as "Z" but with SD Card slot...at quarter of a miserable iPhone XR...I have abandoned iPhone...not not their laptops or Mac OS...

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me too now, I pay that kind of craxy prices, I get better mobile mobiles, better screen, better camera, camera spaces..expansion slot as in SD card..at an extremely cheaper price....for example a Samsung Galaxy A70 or the coming out soon...the Oppo Reno 2 ( not the "z") same as "Z" but with SD Card slot...at quarter of a miserable iPhone XR...I have abandoned iPhone...not not their laptops or Mac OS...
A good and wise decision,,,for android,,no need to get the atas expensive phone. Mid-range phones do just fine...and the reviews for the mid-rangers and the mid-rangers are improving by leaps and bounds. Or can get last years premium model,,,for android,,,the choices are many,,for faggot phone, one is basically stuck,,,about the SD card,,soon android will do away with it too,,but for the time being it is still around,,,,after looking at the note 10,,,I might get the note 9 instead,,,good enough for my needs

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A good and wise decision,,,for android,,no need to get the atas expensive phone. Mid-range phones do just fine...and the reviews for the mid-rangers and the mid-rangers are improving by leaps and bounds. Or can get last years premium model,,,for android,,,the choices are many,,for faggot phone, one is basically stuck,,,about the SD card,,soon android will do away with it too,,but for the time being it is still around,,,,after looking at the note 10,,,I might get the note 9 instead,,,good enough for my needs

Having a SD card slot for SD card is a necessity back up. A nasty experience as an iPhone user, when the mobile phone failed in a country where the internet connections is bloody slow & you can't access your info on iCloud...with a back up SD card...one can go buy a cheap phone..load in your contacts & get going...with the iPhone dead...YOU ARE DEAD...that was my experience...that was when I left the iPhone...

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having a SD card slot for SD card is a necessity back up. A nasty experience as an iPhone user, when the mobile phone failed in a country where the internet connections is bloody slow & you can't access your info on iCloud...with a back up SD card...one can go buy a cheap phone..load in your contacts & get going...with the iPhone dead...YOU ARE DEAD...that was my experience...that was when I left the iPhone...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I've never used the microSD slot on my phone, except as a dual SIM slot.

I've heard stories of people losing data stored on a microSD card which hasn't been used much.

Besides, if you're an Apple loyal customer and you really need to stay in contact (for work) when overseas, you would bring along a MacBook. You can back up your iPhone there.