• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Apple falls out of world's top three smartphone makers after iPhone sales drop

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apple has fallen out of the world's top three smartphone makers for the first time in a decade after a decline in iPhone sales.

Shipments of the iPhone fell by 15pc year-on-year during the second quarter of 2019, according to figures from IHS Markit.

It means Apple, which already sat behind Samsung and Huawei in unit shipments, slipped to fourth place behind Chinese company Oppo.

https://tinyurI.com/yy9yt8kl

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was an ardent Iphone supporter, I pay less now, buying Samsung or other Android phones, though I still uses a Macbook Pro. I can get a good phone camera, expansion slot etc...much cheaper than the lowest iPhone XR at that price. iPhone is dying....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the streets and on public transport, I still see a lot of iPhone users, slightly more than Android users.

And among the iPhone users, it's around 50-50 between the older phones with the Touch ID button, and the newer phones with a notch.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was an ardent Iphone supporter, I pay less now, buying Samsung or other Android phones, though I still uses a Macbook Pro. I can get a good phone camera, expansion slot etc...much cheaper than the lowest iPhone XR at that price. iPhone is dying....

Galaxy Note 10 pre-orders are available at Samsung stores now. You can play with the demo units.

Don't understand why fingerprint magnet shiny back = 'premium'. :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
better still. keep high ses phone for 6.9% high ses folks. all low ses losers can have their huaweis and samsongs.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Galaxy Note 10 pre-orders are available at Samsung stores now. You can play with the demo units.

Don't understand why fingerprint magnet shiny back = 'premium'. :rolleyes:

I am never interested in any devices that comes or needed a pointer, Steve Jobs was right...we have a 'natural pointer'..( or two natural pointers). The finger or fingers will do fine navigating the mobile phone.

What I was saying is, paying for $x,xxx.xx for an iPhone now, one can buy a much cheaper Android phones, with all the features one desire, 128gb to 256gb, two sim slots, SD card expansion slot..speed, screen display & camera, to sa li vi tate over.

It makes the iPhone undesirable .

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes iPhone got glam factor.

iPhones have higher resale value.

iPhone user interface very standardized and easy to use. Some skins of Android are bloated and crappy. And simple things such as contact list, dialer, photo gallery etc are not implemented properly. Also, various annoying problems e.g. the camera overheats while shooting HD video.

Ironically, even the stock Android has its own problems which are fixed by Samsung. Till today, the developers at Google hasn't come up with anything which rivals Facetime on iOS. Hangouts failed miserably.

I know quite a number of people who switched from Android to iPhone. I am tempted to do likewise.

I still believe Apple deserves a better CEO, and letting Android users have access to Apple (TomTom) maps, iTunes and iCloud will increase revenue streams.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am never interested in any devices that comes or needed a pointer, Steve Jobs was right...we have a 'natural pointer'..( or two natural pointers). The finger or fingers will do fine navigating the mobile phone.

What I was saying is, paying for $x,xxx.xx for an iPhone now, one can buy a much cheaper Android phones, with all the features one desire, 128gb to 256gb, two sim slots, SD card expansion slot..speed, screen display & camera, to sa li vi tate over.

It makes the iPhone undesirable .

Then do what the Banglas and Pinoy maids do: buy an iPhone one or two generations behind, or a refurbished unit. No need to buy the latest.

My Android phone has a SD card slot but I never used it, except as a dual SIM slot.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
iPhones have higher resale value.

iPhone user interface very standardized and easy to use. Some skins of Android are bloated and crappy. And simple things such as contact list, dialer, photo gallery etc are not implemented properly. Also, various annoying problems e.g. the camera overheats while shooting HD video.

Ironically, even the stock Android has its own problems which are fixed by Samsung. Till today, the developers at Google hasn't come up with anything which rivals Facetime on iOS. Hangouts failed miserably.

I know quite a number of people who switched from Android to iPhone. I am tempted to do likewise.

I still believe Apple deserves a better CEO, and letting Android users have access to Apple (TomTom) maps, iTunes and iCloud will increase revenue streams.
Dude higher resale yes ... but that is bcos the phone is much higher price in the 1st place . N imagine using a 32 gb phone in this day and age. I know of ppl keep deleting stuff bcos capacity is full . Now a days 64 GB also too little. And of course the camera is crap for older phones

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then do what the Banglas and Pinoy maids do: buy an iPhone one or two generations behind, or a refurbished unit. No need to buy the latest.

My Android phone has a SD card slot but I never used it, except as a dual SIM slot.
My preference is dual SIM with sd card slot. With mobiles. Bcos is an everyday device ... flexibility is damn important