• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone planning on getting an iPhone SE?

Blanka

Alfrescian
Loyal

Most China phones don't come with NFC and partly because for it's cheap price. Get a Samsung and / or high end ones. Low end models don't come with it for obvious reasons.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It took Apple this long to include a NFC? Android had it eons ago.....

Just curious - why stick to Apple? It is a technologically inferior product.

Apple is usually not the 1st to the market. They are patient & will only introduce something when they think it can succeed in the market. When they do introduce something they have a grand plan.

An example is the iPod. Companies like Creative was actually the 1st to introduce their Zen music player. However Apple took it a step further by introducing their iPod players AND the iTune store which opened up the downloadable music market.

The same thing happened with the iPhone. Apple created the App store which allowed people to buy & download software, books, music,...

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Apple has their reasons why they stuck out of NFC till now. "technologically inferior product"?? hmm....I come from a generation that transited from ledgers to main frames to mini computers like NCR, IBM, DAC etc..to desktop computer running DOS I.0, display write, Lotus 123 version 1.2.3....to pagers to bulky mobile phones to....I think I can name you Operating Systems that are long incorporated into today's technology....uses devices at those times were so called "technologically advanced"....tried a newton once...then used PALM for while, even tried one of the earliest Microsoft Smart Watch by Timex....so?

I have tried all sorts of mobile phones, including one some long time back that run on GPS....where one have to make calls in some remote regions.....what I am saying is...I do have Android based phones & would not restrict myself from using Apple IOS phones...but ease of use & security ( though it can not be 100%)....I prefer the iPhone...

Well... I've been through the same era too... but on a technological standpoint, do you not agree that all the tech on an iPhone are not theirs? They merely re-packaged it.

That being said, i do recognisre individual preferences and i respect that you prefer iPhone, but your earlier statements about dos and lotus 123 does not make it any more credible

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Apple is usually not the 1st to the market. They are patient & will only introduce something when they think it can succeed in the market. When they do introduce something they have a grand plan.

An example is the iPod. Companies like Creative was actually the 1st to introduce their Zen music player. However Apple took it a step further by introducing their iPod players AND the iTune store which opened up the downloadable music market.

The same thing happened with the iPhone. Apple created the App store which allowed people to buy & download software, books, music,...

I agree. Apple is a highly market-centric company. They are very good at know what consumers do not even know they want. Kudos to them.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree. Apple is a highly market-centric company. They are very good at know what consumers do not even know they want. Kudos to them.

Don't forget about the quality behind their products.

I was among the 1st in Spore to buy the first version of the 5GB iPod way back in the Xmas of 2001. It was built like a tank. I have dropped it a couple of times & worked. Last I checked about 2 years ago it was still running:eek:

I had one of the Creative ZEN players & it only laster 1 to 2 years:(