• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another sudden death in sinkieland...

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: A deputy director of the Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) collapsed and died on Wednesday night after a run.

Forty-seven-year-old Ng Tiong Lee is believed to have collapsed in his home after the run.

Police said they received a call at about 8.55pm about the incident at his home in Gardens at Bishan, along Sin Ming Walk.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force received a similar call for assistance at 9pm.

When paramedics arrived, they found Mr Ng lying on the floor in a corner of the living room.

SCDF said he was unconscious and was not breathing.

Mr Ng was sent to Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

A former colleague, Minister of State for National Development and Manpower Tan Chuan-Jin, lamented the loss.

In a Facebook post on Thursday (12 Jan), Mr Tan said: "...my heart is very heavy. Driving back, I heard the news that my old colleague had just passed away. He had gone jogging. RIP TL."

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
another singaporean gone suddenly. condolences to bereaved families.

why are there so many sudden deaths in sinkieland. an ex-army colonel too....damned sad.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sincerely hope ah tan can learn something from it.

A former colleague, Minister of State for National Development and Manpower Tan Chuan-Jin, lamented the loss.

In a Facebook post on Thursday (12 Jan), Mr Tan said: "...my heart is very heavy. Driving back, I heard the news that my old colleague had just passed away. He had gone jogging. RIP TL."

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
everyday people die of cardiac arrest, what's so special about him, late 40s is not very young either, alot of guys die in their late 40s.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While I have no religion, I am incline to believe that there is such a thing as fate. All more or less map out liao. Why some fall from 12 storey beh mati, others fit fit jogging then kena mati?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
While I have no religion, I am incline to believe that there is such a thing as fate. All more or less map out liao. Why some fall from 12 storey beh mati, others fit fit jogging then kena mati?

in my dictionary only coincidence ...those fall from 12 storey coincidently have something to break her fall ... for example bamboo , trees ...ect .

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
why are there so many sudden deaths in sinkieland. an ex-army colonel too....damned sad.

This isn't a uniquely sinkie phenomenon. It can happen anywhere. Death is part and parcel of life and can strike anytime often when you least expect it and striking the very people you thought were least at risk.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10762956

Two men suffer heart attacks during endurance bike race
By Kurt Bayer 5:31 PM Monday Oct 31, 2011

Two cyclists suffered heart attacks within minutes of each other, and one of the men died, during an endurance mountain bike race in Christchurch on Saturday.

Fitness fanatic Bob 'Hoppy' Hopkins, 61, was racing through McLeans Forest Park in the Giant 12 Hour Day/Nighter and 6 Hour Blast Mountain Bike Race when he suffered a fatal heart attack.

Fellow racers tried to resuscitate him on the track before emergency services arrived.

And minutes later, Nicholas Carter, 52, was also struck down with a heart attack and today is still in hospital in a serious condition.

St John Ambulance spokesman Ian Henderson confirmed that father-of-two Mr Hopkins, of Christchurch, died at the scene at around 11am on Saturday.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like jogging is the culprit for the causes nowadays.

You should understand the fundamental reason why a male sinkie jog in sinkieland is for IPPT. The mindset for maintaining a healthy living is secondary.
Frequent cases of males dropping off like that means individual were pushed beyond their body limits without knowingly and its a matter of time or luck that ran out.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I realized that many sinkies cannot pass the 2.4 run. The rest are all chicken feet even the pull ups. 12 mins and above is fail.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I realized that many sinkies cannot pass the 2.4 run. The rest are all chicken feet even the pull ups. 12 mins and above is fail.

i wonder why the hell do sinkies care so much about passing the ippt. Just hack care and pay the fine, why bother?i believe the fine is $50 or $100, that save all the trouble of doing so many shit and in the end kill yourself.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal

in my dictionary only coincidence ...those fall from 12 storey coincidently have something to break her fall ... for example bamboo , trees ...ect .

Things happen. It's how we choose to frame them.

GD said it's fate. Drifter said it's coincidence. I say it just happens. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think can happen to anyone and anytime. Read somewhere there are case of not waking up from their sleep.

Have to cut down on my ciggies and drinking liaoz.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Thought We Covered This Too

[video=youtube;52RJWyjogY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52RJWyjogY0[/video]

[video=youtube;BgNLn5GzBxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNLn5GzBxw&feature=related[/video]

I thought I had wrote something like heart fibrosis sometime ago. So, don't try to jog or do a marathon too much. You will never know that a spirit of death is already beside you.

Article

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i wonder why the hell do sinkies care so much about passing the ippt. Just hack care and pay the fine, why bother?i believe the fine is $50 or $100, that save all the trouble of doing so many shit and in the end kill yourself.

Nope. They can throw you into DB.