• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another cyclist got killed by 30 yr old PRC lorry driver

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Minister Lui, if 21 FDW were enough to get a new legislation in place, surely Freddy and the deaths of 70 other cyclists deserve an urgent re-look at how to make our roads safer. I appeal to you not to let more people die before the rest of us are able to pursue our hobby safely." --- Stephen Choy

if my hobby was shooting up heroine, can i appeal to minister to give out free needles to reduce HIV infections?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
See what I mean. Maybe that is why the motorist that kill your best friend did not brake hard enough. NO point wearing off their expensive brake pad for your friend.

On the contrary. It was his expensive brake pads that killed my friend. That fucking scum taxi driver overtook my friend and then came to a screeching halt to pick up a passenger. Had he been more concerned about his stupid brake pads, my best friend would still be alive.

Fuck all taxi drivers. May they all rot in hell.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the contrary. It was his expensive brake pads that killed my friend. That fucking scum taxi driver overtook my friend and then came to a screeching halt to pick up a passenger. Had he been more concerned about his stupid brake pads, my best friend would still be alive.

taxi drivers will always be arseholes.

cyclists can choose not to cycle on the roads.

your friend could have chosen life on the park connectors.

but he chose death on the roads.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and I cycle on the walkways. So, you will not find my Next-of-Kin writing sissy Sob Letters to the Ministers.

keynsham-crash2.jpg

goodbye Joe

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bicycle lanes needed in Singapore for PRC foreign talents?

china-bicycle-3.jpg

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe you cyclist friend's brake pad is faulty. Maybe his reaction is too slow. Maybe his time has come.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Bicycle lanes needed in Singapore for PRC foreign talents?

it won't happen as sinkies will whine and demand the gov to split the lanes to dedicate a wider one for elite sinkies only or those with bikes worth more than usd10k. the angmos will complain and want one dedicated to angmos only. no dogs and chinese will be allowed on that lane. :p

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Bicycle lanes needed in Singapore for PRC foreign talents?

every weekend, cyclist(s) die(s). i have seen how some of them think that they own the road by the way they cycle. like they are invincible with their helmet.

then again, there are shit drivers too.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HAHAHHAHA,,that got cycling masochist Leong big time,,,,good one,,,typical cyclist mentality,,my expensive cleats are worth more than other peoples life,,worse than BMW owners....cyclist are fuckwits and deserved to be run over,,,thats my motto

See what I mean. Maybe that is why the motorist that kill your best friend did not brake hard enough. NO point wearing off their expensive brake pad for your friend.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cycling enthusiasts - least safety conscious, yet most noisy

Qualifying Statement -

There are three main groups of cyclists. The first one are cyclists who use bicycles as a means of transport. They are the ones seen riding on pavements most. The second group are those who take cycling as a relaxing and leisurely past time. They are the ones seen at parks. The third group are the cycling enthusiasts who will ride the latest and most expensive race bikes, riding along the main roads. I will have to qualify that I am referring to the third group when I give my opinion on cyclists, in this post.

Another point I would to state is that I used to be a cycling enthusiast myself in the 1980s. I "downgraded" to a "Point A to Point B cyclist", ie using bicycles to travel from one spot to another, after bicycles were banned at expressways. Hence, I am fully aware of the cyclists' viewpoint as well.

I also have been riding motorcycles and driving for 30 years, on top of having the licence to drive heavy vehicles. As such, I have a good overview of road safety from the viewpoint of every category of road users.

- http://wherebearsroamfree.blogspot.sg/2012/08/cycling-enthusiasts-least-safety.html

M

Mdm Tang

Re: Cycling enthusiasts - least safety conscious, yet most noisy

LTA : its time for a "Bicycle /Motorise Bicycle Rules Book "

M

Mdm Tang

Re: Cycling enthusiasts - least safety conscious, yet most noisy

LTA : All Bicycles Must Be Fitted with a Rear View Video Cam .

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Cyclists have a right to the road. But that's a small consolation when you're dead."

Cycling can be a pleasurable form of exercise, when the routes are at recreational parks or outlying nature reserves where the air is fresh and clean. Only idiots and retards will peddle downtown, at the peak of rush hour traffic, wallowing in the toxic fumes. And when they cycle three, or four, abreast, you know they are just out to be a nuisance to the real road users, the people who have to pay road tax, hurrying to work, or sending their kids to school. A bicycle is not a car, nor should it behave exactly like one because of one important difference: the danger to the operator. Even at slow speeds, cyclists can easily break bones or even die in a collision.

- http://singaporedesk.blogspot.sg/2012/08/bicycles-are-not-cars.html