• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another Bottom for Stocks Coming: Rogers

Naturefarm2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The stock market may hit new lows this year or the next as the current rally has been largely caused by the money printed by central banks and fundamental problems remain unsolved, legendary investor Jim Rogers told CNBC Wednesday.

His views echo those of renowned bear Marc Faber, who told CNBC last week that the rises in share prices did not mean the world was embarking on a path of sustainable economic growth.

"I'm not buying shares if that's what you mean. Not at all," Rogers told "Squawk Box Asia."

"The bottom will probably come later this year, next year, who knows when," he added.

Governments have not solved the essential problems that caused the crisis but instead they "flooded the world with money," according to Rogers. Trying to solve the problem of too much consumption and too much debt with more consumption "defies belief" and will not work, he said.

"I mean … you give me 5 or 6 trillion dollars, I'll show you a very good time, there's no question about that," Rogers said.

A long-term advocate of commodities, he reiterated that this will be the first sector to rise when the world gets out of the crisis, as investment in new mines, the oil sector and agriculture has been curtailed during the crisis and this will create a shortage.

"Fundamentals for General Motors [GM 1.45 0.18 (+14.17%) ] are not getting better. Fundamentals for Citibank [C 3.69 -0.08 (-2.12%) ] are not getting better. I can think of very few industries in the world where the fundamentals are getting better. But the fundamentals of commodities are getting better, full stop," he said.

"I think I'm going to make more in agriculture, I think I'm going to make more in some other real assets for awhile, I think I'll make more in silver. But I do own gold," Rogers added. (Click here to read why Rogers thinks currencies are the next crisis).

The price of oil is also likely to remain high despite the fact that the recession is taking its toll on demand, he said.

"You know supplies worldwide are declining at the rate of anywhere from 4 to 6 percent a year, yes, demand is down at the moment but in longer term, unless somebody discovers a lot of oil very quickly, the surprise is going to be how high the price of oil stays, and how high it eventually goes," Rogers added.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one listen, when stock market defy gravity and the real state of the economy.

If you buy bank stock a few months back, you'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

It's suckers that goes in now that have to really listen to Rogers.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one listen, when stock market defy gravity and the real state of the economy.

If you buy bank stock a few months back, you'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

It's suckers that goes in now that have to really listen to Rogers.

Buying stocks a few months ago and selling now is not investment. Its trading the market.
I made quite a few bucks too doing that.

But I'm totally out now, some sold earlier and some sold as recently as last week.

Investing has a much longer timeframe, and there is really no hurry as JR is right IMHO.
I think we will head for the lows soon, though I think it may not be lower than the previous one.
I'll be in for that one.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore market probably flooded by Temasek selling at lost in US and Europe market and putting the remainder back.

Naturefarm2

Alfrescian
Loyal
There bound to be correction here and there, cant be all the way up.
If you really hardworking and monitor closely, its not hard to win some $$, provided do not be greedy.