• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Angry Pulis hits out at Chelsea stars Ivanovic & Oscar for diving

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Angry Pulis hits out at Chelsea stars Ivanovic & Oscar for diving

The Potters boss was angry at Roberto Di Matteo's players for trying to deceive referee Michael Oliver, and praised his side's efforts despite their 1-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge

Sep 22, 2012 8:10:00 PM

By Tom J Doyle

117213hp2.jpg

Tony Pulis blasted Chelsea players Branislav Ivanovic and Oscar for what he felt to be blatant simulation as his Stoke side fell to a late 1-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge.

Ivanovic went down easily in the first-half under a challenge from Geoff Cameron in the penalty area and escaped a caution, while Brazilian wonderkid Oscar was booked for diving later on, and the 54-year-old felt that the Blues' stars' tumbling was "laughable".

"What really disappointed me was the simulation. Ivanovic's penalty appeal in the first-half was laughable, and the lad Oscar - who's a fabulous player - did something similar in the second-half," he told reporters.

"This is England. We can't watch people just fall over and not talk about it. We should highlight it and keep on highlighting it, because it's a part of the game we don’t talk about enough."

While referee Michael Oliver missed Ivanovic's attempted dive, Pulis had kind words for the young official.

But, the Stoke boss still felt that Oliver should have sent off David Luiz for the hosts after a wild tackle on Jon Walters.

He added: "I thought the referee was smashing today, but they put enormous pressure on him, and it's a difficult enough job anyway.

"[Luiz's tackle] was a dreadful challenge, and I think David would be the first to admit it. He was very lucky to stay on the pitch."

Pulis declared his disappointment at the result, but was happy with his side's display, hailing it as his side's best performance at Stamford Bridge since their promotion to the Premier League in 2008.

"This was probably the best we've played at Stamford Bridge in the five years we've been in the Premier League," Pulis enthused.

"We've played well against Arsenal, Manchester City and again against Chelsea. We should have won at Reading, but we gave away a silly penalty in the last minute, and we did well at Wigan. We just haven't had the breaks.

"In general I’m really pleased with the performance. The lads were smashing, but they kept at it."

Pulis also praised Michael Owen after the forward came off the bench with 25 minutes to go, continuing his return to full fitness.

"[Owen] I plan to give him a lot more time over the next month to get his fitness up," Pulis explained.

"He's been a breath of fresh air since he arrived. His attitude's been fantastic, and I think he's got a point to prove. Given the opportunity and the chances, he'll do well for us."