• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Moh: Singapore is BACKWARD Cuntry!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>June 12, 2009
SINGAPORE HAS MILES TO GO?
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Automation a myth
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->THE IT industry is promoting a myth that Singapore leads the world in automation. Small and medium-sized businesses like mine can only call it 'fake automation'.
When I transact with my suppliers and customers using Internet banking, I must wait up to three working days for clearance. Although my role in the transaction is automated and that of the other party, payee or payer, is too, the banks are still pushing paper around. Clearance is instant only if the other party and I share the same bank.
When I use GeBIZ, the government electronic procurement system, I have no way to set up alerts. I have to visit GeBIZ every day to monitor business opportunities.
Recently, my company signed up as a vendor on the Accountant- General's Department's e-invoicing system (Vendors@Gov). When we submitted our invoice to a government agency, there was no acknowledgement. Apparently, it does not receive the invoice instantly and when it is received, the invoice must still traverse its own paper-based accounts system. Although the supplier is expected to submit invoices electronically, there is no guarantee that it is processed immediately as there is no back-to- back automation.
My company, Iterate, is a member of the Singapore Infocomm Technology Federation, which often sends out meeting notices with long lists of attachments. Without at least a summary, it is unclear whether I need to open them. Recently, the federation launched a new portal to 'better serve the industry', so I suggested it post the attachments in the portal and send out a summary with links. This was turned down on the basis that members have personal assistants read their mail, and print the attachments for them to review.
If the federation leadership continues to print reams just to decide what and what not to read, if the Accountant-General's Department forces suppliers to automate without doing back-to-back integration, if GeBIZ cannot provide an alert system so vendors will know promptly about business opportunities, and if banks cannot clear online payments immediately, there is no point beating our breasts and saying how good we are in automation. William Claxton

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with this guy, its sad that given the level of internet penatration in this country, we're still not tech savvy enough to make use of available online services and many online services are simply too basic which leads you to end up having to call the company up or do it the old fashion way, face to face.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get real, when the white scum and their related are championing any initiative, they are doing it for the million$ and bonus only. They know too well that the 154th will trumpet their "success" even if it is "fake" one.

Not only in the bank, even SGX is also one kind. An Indian FT told me that when he came from Indian, he thought here should be more advance only to realise that some operation are still done on paper! But still those scums are paid millions with self professed fame. :rolleyes:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah william ...

now oni u noe meh? ...

sg oways brag loud-loud ... world crass, world's best, world no 1 ... wen iz nt, sg oni diam-diam ...

oso, u may wanna change ur coy name ... 2 cut down iterations wif ur clients ... :p

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"William Claxton" sounds like American?? have not heard of 'taichi'?..SINgapore is lum pai one in TAICHI....push here, push there, push up, push down...push nowhere...that is AUTOMATION.

wySINwyg....what you see, is not what you get... that is why we our lum par one in AUTOMATION... ha ha ha ha

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
What he said is true, all this gov portals outsource to one or two of those GLC, who are very good ping pong players.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only in the bank, even SGX is also one kind. An Indian FT told me that when he came from Indian, he thought here should be more advance only to realise that some operation are still done on paper! But still those scums are paid millions with self professed fame. :rolleyes:

Please lah U want to compare here with India, ALL operations in India are still done on paper. Even China and MY is way ahead of India let alone SG. Like I said, our Web infrastructure is still under developed but it is still light years ahead of India. Yes they may be the IT outsource capital of the world but their own IT infrastructure is surprising under developed. Office internet options even in big cities are still rather limited. The funniest thing happened when I was sourcing for an Internet plan for the Hyderabad office, choices are limited to a grand total of 1 Wimax plan because other ISP cannot lay cables to our office building. Reason being, the building is too close to the governor's building and the are not allow to lay any cables in the vicinity. Hyderabad btw is India's 2nd biggest IT city behind Bangalore. I have even more stupid tales from India if U want any

Last edited:

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid angmo cannot see that money collection by Chenghu is all automated - ERP, EZlink, e-filing, Giro tax deduction etc

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid angmo cannot see that money collection by Chenghu is all automated - ERP, EZlink, e-filing, Giro tax deduction etc

This part very true, when it comes to Direct Access into the people's pocket, they exercise everything in their power to do it efficiently.

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>June 12, 2009
SINGAPORE HAS MILES TO GO?
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Automation a myth
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->THE IT industry is promoting a myth that Singapore leads the world in automation. Small and medium-sized businesses like mine can only call it 'fake automation'.
When I transact with my suppliers and customers using Internet banking, I must wait up to three working days for clearance. Although my role in the transaction is automated and that of the other party, payee or payer, is too, the banks are still pushing paper around. Clearance is instant only if the other party and I share the same bank.
When I use GeBIZ, the government electronic procurement system, I have no way to set up alerts. I have to visit GeBIZ every day to monitor business opportunities.
Recently, my company signed up as a vendor on the Accountant- General's Department's e-invoicing system (Vendors@Gov). When we submitted our invoice to a government agency, there was no acknowledgement. Apparently, it does not receive the invoice instantly and when it is received, the invoice must still traverse its own paper-based accounts system. Although the supplier is expected to submit invoices electronically, there is no guarantee that it is processed immediately as there is no back-to- back automation.
My company, Iterate, is a member of the Singapore Infocomm Technology Federation, which often sends out meeting notices with long lists of attachments. Without at least a summary, it is unclear whether I need to open them. Recently, the federation launched a new portal to 'better serve the industry', so I suggested it post the attachments in the portal and send out a summary with links. This was turned down on the basis that members have personal assistants read their mail, and print the attachments for them to review.
If the federation leadership continues to print reams just to decide what and what not to read, if the Accountant-General's Department forces suppliers to automate without doing back-to-back integration, if GeBIZ cannot provide an alert system so vendors will know promptly about business opportunities, and if banks cannot clear online payments immediately, there is no point beating our breasts and saying how good we are in automation. William Claxton
William is just on AM who has no clues about Singapore but came in the OBAMA's spirit of sure can do.

Another Joker,an artist,moved to Singapore with his wife,rented a place fr JTC,invested S$100,000-his entire asset or so he claimed,to build something called a studio.after one year,JTC jacked up his rent by almost 100%,he jumped up and down physically which I witnessed,left Singapore a broken man with a half broken family.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This Ang Moh cockhead only talk thru his cock!

The 3 days delay is probably fund transfer security, in case another ang moh or nigger cockhead hack into his pathetic company bank account and transfer ALL his little money to his fellow ang moh crook or nigger overseas!

So simple logic and can't tell.

Not happy, f**k back to his own country and let the hackers screw his arse over the internet!!

:o

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah U want to compare here with India, ALL operations in India are still done on paper. Even China and MY is way ahead of India let alone SG. Like I said, our Web infrastructure is still under developed but it is still light years ahead of India.

Fair enough if India is wayward but when you are talking about SG who always claimed it is lumpar 1 in the most field. Have you ever when to the SGX new website? It's like after upgrade, it become even worse!:oIo:

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
That ang moh is trying to imply that the E-Commerce thing is still not there yet. It is not a flowing process from one end to another end. It's now a start-stop-start again thing.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That ang moh is trying to imply that the E-Commerce thing is still not there yet. It is not a flowing process from one end to another end. It's now a start-stop-start again thing.

Spore got all kinds of problems for anyone interested in doing e-commerce:
slow internet connection, expensive shipping, difficulty in processing credit card payments, ....

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
all business license and professional licence are linked to seepeefff....no money to top up seepeefff..no renewal......VERY AUTOMATED LAH...even Angmo cuntriee cannot match..ha ha

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arhhhhh you see....who comprains.

If locals comprains about the IT system in Sinkapore....sinkies will call him a WHINER.
if Ang Moh comprains about it....sinkies will praise for his FEEDBACK and offer a good SUGGESTION.

In this small dot....it is always about the skin color...
sinkies looking down at each other...but when comes to white skin..
we look at them high high with praise.

We still retaining our colonial mindset.

:o :( :o

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Government red-tape makes it so ! Government tender always award contracts to cronies who implement crappy installation !

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spore got all kinds of problems for anyone interested in doing e-commerce:
slow internet connection, expensive shipping, difficulty in processing credit card payments, ....

Ya, and the solution for all these problem can be solve only when a minister is put in place! He can then push these nonsenses away and get things done.

But these it will cost another million I guess. :rolleyes:

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arhhhhh you see....who comprains.

If locals comprains about the IT system in Sinkapore....sinkies will call him a WHINER. if Ang Moh comprains about it....sinkies will praise for his FEEDBACK and offer a good SUGGESTION.

Dun worry the era of Asian being the next master of the world is coming soon. Already Pink Loony is kissing the asses of Chinese so frequently these days. Probably India shaft their rod in him, he will also said shiok! :biggrin: