• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Mo lawyer not happy with Singapore Law

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
nobody is supporting the biker. i too hate bikers that ride under the block. and the worst are those types that tries to wash and dismantle their bike in the void decks. then they will like after washing and filling up their bikes with 2T/4T, ram their engines and then see whether any white smoke comes out or not. come on la, if want to repair/tune your bike, bring to garage or bike shop and test la.

another type is the fast food delivery riders. just simply don't care about traffice rules..

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me get this straight. A motorcyclist rides into a void deck and almost hits a kid and some of you are on the side of the motorcyclist just coz the kid's dad is a FT??!!

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Errrr....ang moh lawyer: former American prosecutor...Where is the evidence and who should provide the burden of proof in this particular case? Or you had already in a short span of time imbued with the sinkie trait of making a complaint and expecting capital punishment to be meted out.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Folks like John Huntley are litigious bastards who won't hesitate to take up a frivolous lawsuit and sue for 'damages'.

if folks could walk away with millions by suing McDonalds for serving hot coffee, me see a clear pattern here :smile::smile::smile:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Let me get this straight. A motorcyclist rides into a void deck and almost hits a kid and some of you are on the side of the motorcyclist just coz the kid's dad is a FT??!!

bro,
me first instinct as a parent would be to pull me kid close to me when me sense danger.
bikes in void decks make hell a hullabaloo.
wouldn't risk a child on his/her own & at least me body could shield me child :o:o:o

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agoraphobic said:
As for this Yankee, he was being protective of his child. Any parent would. The motorcyclist should have been charged for reckless and dangerous driving (in an unauthorised area) and the policeman sent for retraining.

Cheers!

Agree with you on this. If there is no third party involvement, illegal parking would be OK but now he almost ran over a child, whether it is by 1 nanometer or 1cm or 1 meter, he should be given the ticket for dangerous riding. Don't know this thing about "criminal endangerment" though.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
bro,
me first instinct as a parent would be to pull me kid close to me when me sense danger.
bikes in void decks make hell a hullabaloo.
wouldn't risk a child on his/her own & at least me body could shield me child :o:o:o

There are certain places which should be free from such dangers so that kids can play and run around in freedom. Granted most Westerners are not as watchful over their offsprings as we Asians do but I would not want to live in an environment where I have to constantly hold on to our kids' arms.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The way some motor cyclists behave on our roads, without concern for the safety of others and themselves, in addition to charges for speeding, inconsiderate or dangerous riding, they should occasionally be charged for attempted suicide.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He's a lawyer? What a surprise, eh?

Folks like John Huntley are litigious bastards who won't hesitate to take up a frivolous lawsuit and sue for 'damages'.

You know, the type of parent who would sue a blender company when his kid lost fingers while playing with the blender.

Hey John, start suing when your brat is injured or dead.

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. whiteman goes home.
3. bring along the cheap spg along too.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before I proceed, wish to make clear that I am not siding with Angmor, but siding humanity and basic decency.

In developed countries, people are conscious of their environment - and that means taking extra care and precaution in residential areas with even more care exercised near schools and hospitals. When there are children around - you and I are expected to keep a lookout for them, not the other way around. In public places (eg. malls) when adults push open a door to walk through, they look back and see whether there may be toddlers or other kids following closeby behind before letting it go to close - I hardly see this at all in Sg. People here leave their kids in their maids' charge, and then yak away with their friends, few of them even bother to check once in a while.

As for this Yankee, he was being protective of his child. Any parent would. The motorcyclist should have been charged for reckless and dangerous driving (in an unauthorised area) and the policeman sent for retraining.

Cheers!

The way the policeman works is typically of all policemen. No point to go for retraining. This is because they have been trained to make big problems small and small problem tiny. I am saying this from my experience with a bicycle thief. My bicycle was stolen in a HDB neighbourhood. The thief was found with my bicycle. When the policemen arrived, they asked me to drop the case to maintain neighbourliness.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The m&d is wrong here. No need to blabber so much about it. Should come up with heavy fine for riders who rides their bikes on pavements.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
but I would not want to live in an environment where I have to constantly hold on to our kids' arms.

me concur with this absolutely, we need to be independent enough. are bikes allowed under void decks?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is probably new to Kangaroo law. Has he not heard of Singaporeans being whacked by Kiwi who were allowed to flee from Singapore? I suspect our kangaroo has dirty linen to hide and the undertable money comes in the form of bailing fee?:oIo:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way the policeman works is typically of all policemen. No point to go for retraining. This is because they have been trained to make big problems small and small problem tiny. I am saying this from my experience with a bicycle thief. My bicycle was stolen in a HDB neighbourhood. The thief was found with my bicycle. When the policemen arrived, they asked me to drop the case to maintain neighbourliness.

Haha. The cop sounds more like Jesus Christ telling someone to forgive his tormentor, not that it is wrong, but how often can we give in to wrongdoers I wonder. Imagine if you told the cop who told you to drop the case, "If your son were bullied by a bigger boy at school and the teacher told your son to forgive the bully, would he agree?" Cops like that, people follow - there'll be peace on Earth, or more people taking advantage of laxness.

I believe that in some cases, punishment may be tampered with leniency (so long as the aggressor is remorseful and learns),but totally getting away with it scott free - that's not right either.

Cheers!

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tell that chao angmor to migrate to Thailand and see how motorbike zoom zig zag through pavement. Then his chao angmor kid may learn to grow and live real life LOL