• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ancient Japanese Language = Ancient Chinese ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Japanese grammar is virtually the same as Korean grammar.

That's why you see some native Koreans master Japanese in half the time.

All they need to do is memorize lots of Japanese vocabulary.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
chup cheng kia,

so when u gonna bleach your skin white, change your retina colour? no matter how u change you will always remain a chup cheng.

I'm already white, just as I am when I was born. I'm not racist looking down on other colors. Just as a matter of practicality, I'm for English being the global language.

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
i look down on chup cheng kia like you that pretend to be a fake angmor. but no i m not racist.

u are also not a racist despite calling for the ban of chinese language, chinese chopsticks, incense paper, mocking chinese food etc. likewise i m also not racist for calling you a chup cheng. it is just a fact.

I've never called for the ban of chopsticks. I've learned to use chopsticks since young, especially for Chinese noodle dishes. Quite a good Chinese invention.

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
really? want me to dig out the thread where u claim that chopsticks are stupid:biggrin:

didnt know chup chengs like to twist and turn as well.

I think I know which one you're talking about, but I also can't find it at the moment. I'm against plastic chopsticks, not Chinese chopsticks that was invented with wood.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I said that. But I also said it's good with noodle dishes. Chinese and Japanese restaurants serve more than noodle dishes. I think fork is better. I do apologize for having used the word silly.

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
friend...thats the correct thing to do. Once you say something on the internet its very difficult to later deny or quietly backtrack.

Windows managed to call up the appropriate post ....so its good that you apologised like a gentleman.

Yes, I said that. But I also said it's good with noodle dishes. Chinese and Japanese restaurants serve more than noodle dishes. I think fork is better. I do apologize for having used the word silly.

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
4jrif.jpg

http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?108439-PM-showed-why-Japs-sea-bandits-are-called-倭寇-(pic)

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
friend...thats the correct thing to do. Once you say something on the internet its very difficult to later deny or quietly backtrack.

Windows managed to call up the appropriate post ....so its good that you apologised like a gentleman.

this stupid self-centred chup cheng kia thinks that the whole world must bow to him. i think he will avoid this thread from now, so next time, his excuse will be, ' i did not follow that thread anymore, so i don't know what u guys are talking about.'

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only Ainu People Are Finnish Or Ugric

2746187012_3522752372_z.jpg

Japanese as a spoken language is Altaic, totally different from Han Chinese. The resemblence is due to influence of writing in Chinese characters and heavy borrowing of Chinese vocabulary when China ranked culturally supreme in the Far East. Altaic is closer to Russian and Finnish in grammatical structure. Korean is too.

The translation of the poem in the threadstarting post is just Japanese hiragana transliteration phoenetic by phoenitic. It's not grammatically Japanese at all.

You mean the sentence construction instead of grammar. I think grammar is like "is" and "was", right ? The old English was worse - no traffic lights. It was the French that had invented grammar and standardised spellings for all words. The English later adopted this into their language. Bloody French ? Not really so. My two bibles (King James 1611) have problems with spelling and sentence constructions and you can see both actually spelt differently (same chapter and verse) ie. "rearward" and "rereward". Some people read "re-reward" and I was asking myself, what the hell was that ?

The Ainu in Hokkaido were from Kamchatka (eastern Russia). They are not your everyday Japanese that you see on TV. All of them (Kor, Jap, Ainu) probably classified under Ural-Altaic languages. Finno-Ugric ? Whatever !

"The Jomon are the obvious ancestors of the Ainu but not of modem Japanese," says C. Lonng Brace, an anthropologist at the University in Michigan in Ann Arbor.

The DNA sequencing picture that emerges today shows the central Honshu people of Japan to be genetically just a little closer to Sino-Tibetan and Han Chinese (from the Jiangsu region who were possibly rice-farming immigrants during the Yayoi era) evidenced by the specific genetic Y markers found in Japanese today (ie O3a5, O3a and O1), in their mix than to modern-day Koreans whose ancestors contributed significantly to the Japanese gene pool probably during Koguryo and Paekche migrations into Japan of the Kofun era to Asuka eras.

One surprising point that emerges from a look at mtDNA and Y Haplogroups charts, is that the Koreans show an even closer genetic affinity to Okinawans (and therefore to the Jomon stock) than mainland Honshu Japanese do themselves…comprising 17.4% of their DNA sequence compared to the Japanese 16.1% of their DNA sequence.

redcliff+(4).JPG
U473P18T90D49553F1529DT20050405110355.jpg

Takeshi Kaneshiro or 金城武 is not a Japanese. He's Ryukyuan plus Taiwanese.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
windows san,

good job for pointing out his mistake. we should respect the culture and invention of other races. some people are just so pro angmoh, guess they will start to regret in time to come. anyway, it's good that he has apologised. at least still got hope.

It's very odd but somehow when it comes to chinese culture and inventions i have noticed that ppl always try and belittle them. Even worse there are so many chinese dogs that will willingly bash their own race and culture.

this stupid self-centred chup cheng kia thinks that the whole world must bow to him. i think he will avoid this thread from now, so next time, his excuse will be, ' i did not follow that thread anymore, so i don't know what u guys are talking about.'

This chup cheng kia will be sticking his tongue out wagging his tail when he sees ang mohs thinking he's like them when he's only half an ang moh.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Only Ainu People Are Finnish Or Ugric

Isn't ryusyuan and okianwans a type of jap? Something like the various chinese dialect groups?

Genetic wise they may be quite close. But, the culture of these southern people were different from those in the mainland. The Japs had sword for decoration but the Ryukyuans had musical instruments placed in their halls. They are more peace loving people with musical inclination. Probably, affected by the Chinese. I heard many things not just Karate came from there, not the mainland Japan.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
One Thousand Words Middle Ancient Han Recital

[video=youtube;eemRbc7XGLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eemRbc7XGLk&feature=related[/video]

千字文 中古漢語朗讀
One Thousand Words Middle Ancient Han Recital.

日本 nig pwoeng in Foochowese but nip phoon in Japanese and dit phoon in Hokkien. Nig is a very ancient pronounciation. 美酒 mee zew in Foochowese but bee zew in Hokkien. Ancient tone is "mree" and this language sounds very Thai or Mon Khmer. 女 "na" in ancient tone and Teochew "nya" is closer. 心 "sim" in ancient tone is the same as Teochew and Hokkien.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drama Dubbed In Old Chinese

[video=youtube;VIkQSuZbbt0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIkQSuZbbt0[/video]

We dubbed this TV show with Reconstructed Old Chinese!

The original one is in Mandarin. It is the famous story of Fengshen Bang, set around the 11th century BCE.

We pronounce according to the reconstruction of Old Chinese by Professor 鄭張尚芳(Zhengzhang, Shangfang). When watching, you maybe can tell that the pronunciation thousands years ago is so different from all modern Chinese that nobody would expect becomming able to understand it with only learning a modern Chinese language.

Dubbing with reconstructed ancient pronunciation is something not so common - and it is very likely that people have seldomly (if ever) tried this with Chinese.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Only Ainu People Are Finnish Or Ugric

Genetic wise they may be quite close. But, the culture of these southern people were different from those in the mainland. The Japs had sword for decoration but the Ryukyuans had musical instruments placed in their halls. They are more peace loving people with musical inclination. Probably, affected by the Chinese. I heard many things not just Karate came from there, not the mainland Japan.

Ryukyu is Okinawa, just as Temasek is Singapura. Japanese and Koreans fought over it during Ming China era and Ming sided with Korea. Ming was very powerful in earlier years and there was nothing Japan could do. The later Qing China was weak and abandoned defence of Korea as they couldn't even defend themselves. Japan colonized Korea and by extension took over Ryukyu and officialized its name to Okinawa as a Japanese prefecture, not just a colony. It's something like what Wales is to England, not something like what Singapore was to England. At WWII defeat and surrender, US accepted Japanese political rights to Okinawa provided Japan accepted US rights to military bases in Okinawa. China and Korea were both mired in civil wars and couldn't care less. The Okinawa chain of islands lie between Japan and Taiwan. The name Okinawa in Japanese means a flush of links. That's what US saw. That's what Japan had seen even earlier.

Last edited: