• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

An unusual lesson for SST students

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC110105-0000228/An-unusual-lesson-for-SST-students

An unusual lesson for SST students
by Dylan Loh 05:55 AM Jan 05, 2011

Students at the School of Science and Technology began their first day in school by doing something different: Serving food and drinks to more than 180 foreign workers.

The event was organised not only to thank the workers, who helped build their new campus, but also to help students understand the importance of social integration with immigrants.

Construction work on the school's new grounds along Clementi Road, which began in 2009, is expected to be completed this year.

The $49-million project will result in a high-tech campus with outdoor areas for student learning. Dylan Loh

showimageCC.aspx

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
The foreign workers had a job to perform; build the school. I if people performing their jobs need to be thanked, then Singaporeans by large should be thanked for paying their income tax on time.

I don't see any lessons or values learn from this exercise.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah thank the shit skin workers that were paid and live much better lives to build the buildings. How come no china, thai, indon workers? Last i read they also work in construction.

jw5

Loyal
The foreign workers had a job to perform; build the school. I if people performing their jobs need to be thanked, then Singaporeans by large should be thanked for paying their income tax on time.

Agree.
The foreign workers should similarly serve food to the students, for enrolling at the school.
If they had not enrolled, the workers wouldn't have got their jobs.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This just reeks of Pap propaganda. I hope the students learn the most important lesson from this: the pink IC and red passport are a curse.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wowlau ....singapore goverment really go all the way to brainwashed our next generation ...

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNNBPCB!! :mad:

why must show wat fuckin appreciation? they come here to do charity arh?...they do volunteer work arh? KNN they come here to earn money...just like anyother fuckin foreigners....yes they do the job dat nobody wanto do...but still they r paid to do the job...so wat fuck appreciation r we talkin abt? wat next? show appreciation and serve lunch to bangla sweepers pinoy maid, prc ktv hostesses and whore, thai whores at GL becos no sinkie girls wanto be whore?????, ....KNNBPCB...damn fuckup man! :mad::mad::mad::mad::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo: ....sinkie hav to serve NS and now have to serve meal to ahneh workers.....SINKIES ARE REALLY IN A DAMN PATHETIC STATE....:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNNBPCB :mad:

first sinkie hav to kowtow to anymo

then they make sinkie kowtow to prc and pinoy

now sinkie even hav to kowtow to ahneh construction worker and serve them lunch...

fucking hell...next they will sinkie to bend down and let the ahneh fuck their backside arh??????

KNNBPCB!!! VOTE THESE MIW FUCKER OUT LAH :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old NSmen not eligible for 10K incentive, reason? Because you all already enjoyed the "peace and prosperity":smile:

Similiarly, these Foreign Workers have enjoyed their pay packets for doing their job.:confused: Fair and square.

So tell me, got simi lanjiao different? Other than to embolden foreigners. Some in the crowd, given their social culture mistreat their own women folk like dirt and objects..... embolden them somemore, see what will happen here.....

wowlau ....singapore goverment really go all the way to brainwashed our next generation ...

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The school should be ashamed of themselves. I probably wouldn't mind if they had served food to some chao ang mors, but surely not a bunch of stupid kelings and banglahs la!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Old NSmen not eligible for 10K incentive, reason? Because you all already enjoyed the "peace and prosperity":smile:

Similiarly, these Foreign Workers have enjoyed their pay packets for doing their job.:confused: Fair and square.

So tell me, got simi lanjiao different? Other than to embolden foreigners. Some in the crowd, given their social culture mistreat their own women folk like dirt and objects..... embolden them somemore, see what will happen here.....

even the goverment send me the 10k i also buay gain ....krupppppppppui .

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normally Papaya MPs will rush to be in the limelight e.g during bursery awards ceremony etc....how come when it's time to feed bangalas...u don't see them :confused:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
This must be repeated for the first full term. But I must say it is a step in the right direction.

It is necessary to inculcate the right attitude in these youngsters. Many of them are brought up with a silver spoon and never lifted a finger in their lives.