• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Amos Yee says it well

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
The common response of a typical Singaporean when they hear about the 30% poverty rate in Singapore is something like: “You should not be complaining about poverty in Singapore, people who are truly poor in Syria and Middle East are much worse!”. And they’re right.

The people who are considered poor in Singapore are much better, they at least have a home to stay, food to eat if they work long enough, they’re not as bad as the kid in Syria who in a few days will probably die due to dehydration.

But that is in comparison to undeveloped, 3rd world countries. What about countries who are first world and have a developed economy, which is what Singapore supposedly is? And so you take a look at

Scandinavian countries like Norway, their poverty rate is less than 5%, plus they have a high minimum wage and universal healthcare. Look at it that way and you find out the Singapore Government has been absolutely awful at taking care of its citizens, but instead of trying to push for left-wing economic policies to help the ones in poverty, a typical Singaporean will respond: “don’t complain, at least they’re still breathing".

This kind of indifference to human suffering is borderline callous, and if our country does indeed breed compassion, you would not stare at the old man who works 75 hours cleaning toilet floors and eating cheap white bread every meal and tell him: “Well, at least you’re not living in a slum”. Do reflect

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amos Yee forgot that sinkieland started out from a small fishing village and its inhabitants will always have a third world perspective.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amos Yee forgot that sinkieland started out from a small fishing village and its inhabitants will always have a third world perspective.

It is not about the people although i agree with you regarding 3rd world sinkie shit.. he is referring to the country, particularly its status as a first world economy.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt many Sporeans would agree about poverty in Spore being better than some 3rd world countries. Don't forget that many have voted with their feet & run road.

You may find some declaring "publicly" that Spore is better & blah, blah, .... but if you know them well, they'll honestly tell you otherwise :wink:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u guys call us callous and insensitive,u cry and weep for the poor,but have u ever shed a tear for the plight of the rich?in norway we call the security blanket system a "hammock",the rich work and slog and slave while the sun shines,while the lazy poor whittle and sleep the time away.

u weep for the poor and u curse the rich,u have the luxury,u see our existence as grotesque and incomprehensible while it BOOSTS GDP!!!!the poor's plight while tragic and inconsequential BOOSTS GDP!!!!u want me on that wall,u need me on that wall.we use words like "Inflation,Depreciation and Cost benefit analysis" as the backbone of the structural integrity of our GDP,u use them as a punchline!!!!!i have neither the time or inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of luxury that i provide and then questions the manner i provide it.i would rather you thank me and walk away!!!!

in norway we have to work twice as hard to be rich.in singapore we strive to create a society that is meritocratic and progressive,in norway u breed a culture of entitlement and professional never do well'ers!!!!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u guys call us callous and insensitive,u cry and weep for the poor,but have u ever shed a tear for the plight of the rich?in norway we call the security blanket system a "hammock",the rich work and slog and slave while the sun shines,while the lazy poor whittle and sleep the time away.

u weep for the poor and u curse the rich,u have the luxury,u see our existence as grotesque and incomprehensible while it BOOSTS GDP!!!!the poor's plight while tragic and inconsequential BOOSTS GDP!!!!u want me on that wall,u need me on that wall.we use words like "Inflation,Depreciation and Cost benefit analysis" as the backbone of the structural integrity of our GDP,u use them as a punchline!!!!!i have neither the time or inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of luxury that i provide and then questions the manner i provide it.i would rather you thank me and walk away!!!!

in norway we have to work twice as hard to be rich.in singapore we strive to create a society that is meritocratic and progressive,in norway u breed a culture of entitlement and professional never do well'ers!!!!

man stfu btw did you write this drivel which is based on Jack Nicholson's lines in a few good men? It's lame.

Sainttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your smile will give you a positive countenance that will make people feel comfortable around you.