• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Amk & tg pagar installing "traffic lights" inside mrt stations!!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In an effort to allow commuters to better plan their journeys, Ang Mo Kio and Tanjong Pagar MRT stations are installing a set of traffic lights that signal to commuters how crowded the platforms are before they go through the fare gates and onto the platform.

The new signals will indicate green, yellow or red, similar to current traffic lights.

Green will mean that the platform is not very crowded and passengers should be able to board a train straight away.

Yellow means there is a small crowd on the platform and commuters can expect to wait 2 or 3 trains before they will have room to board.

Red will mean that the platform is extremely crowded and commuters should expect delays on their journey and may wish to take alternate transport options.

The signals will allow people to make alternate travel arrangements before having to go to the platform which may help to reduce congestion on the platforms themselves.

They are also very simple to understand and can also be used to signal that there are train faults, breakdowns or long delays as the signal will flash.

It seems that instead of trying to improve their reliability, SMRT wants to invest in "traffic lights" for public transport passengers.

It really is a sad day when Singapore is so crowded that even pedestrians and passengers on public transport need "traffic lights" to help reduce congestion on MRT platforms.

The new signalling system will run on a 6 month trial at these two stations.

- fuckwarezone Forum

CheeByeKiaTonyChat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yellow means there is a small crowd on the platform and commuters can expect to wait 2 or 3 trains before they will have room to board.

Must wait for 2 or 3 trains then can board is considered 'small crowd'?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe Vase Jo Teo is correct afterall - when all Sinkies decide to go to work together, of course we need to install traffic lights.

After all, isn't the unmitigated inflow of FTs human trafficking to start with, to achieve the govt's need enhance GDP, akin to a pimp trafficking to generate revenue for himself? The more the merrier?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone up there has plenty of free time to think of all these gimmicks.

The AMK station is a mess right now because they are renovating the place for some kind of shopping space. If the system breaks down you can shop while you wait:rolleyes:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After coming up with lanes and traffic lights, MRT platforms should have their own subway system to solve the crowding issue...

It will be another world's first for Sinkieland - an MRT system within MRT!

ILoveIHP

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not going to solve the root cause of the problem. If any of my employee comes to me and give me this kind of proposal, he can jolly well kiss his year end bonus goodbye. This is the kind of standard you can expect from a pinoy when it comes to problem solving.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Red will mean that the platform is extremely crowded and commuters should expect delays on their journey and may wish to take alternate transport options.

HAHAHAHHA!

These lights are probably connected to the SMRT taxis who will speed down to AMK and TP immediately.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ccb. U guys prolly remembered that they withdrew several bus service citing reasons of svc duplication n if red light means sibeh crowded prolly means breakdown there is no alternatives ! That kwek woody knows that or not ? Might as well ask ppl to walk knn pay millions n get peanuts in return

CheeByeKiaTonyChat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ccb. U guys prolly remembered that they withdrew several bus service citing reasons of svc duplication n if red light means sibeh crowded prolly means breakdown there is no alternatives ! That kwek woody knows that or not ? Might as well ask ppl to walk knn pay millions n get peanuts in return

They already asking people to walk (on mrt track) already.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
fucked-up system.

let us plan alternate transport options? fuck SMRT la.

i drive, but if i take MRT, i need to leave home, take feeder bus, then reach interchange, walk up to MRT station and find that the traffic light is red? then what? now it becomes my problem to find my own alternate transport.

why not do it better this way? broadcast these traffic light at those morning news show, after those weather reports, so that we at home can instantly know what conditions are in the station.

also, can print weekly forecast on newspaper and even put up a live cam via the internet for us to monitor the human traffic.

fucking stupid!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should implement cable cars linking slums to the city like in Rio de janeiro

algo-apestara-rio-janeiro_2_1707836.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just keep the population of Singapore under 5 million, problem solved.

All these silly measures do nothing to solve the problem of overpopulation. It's like putting a bandage on a limb afflicted with gangrene. Ignoring the problem won't make it go away. Amputation is the only answer.