• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All the Hoo Ha On Smoking - Where Will Smokers Light Up

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
i agree. i started with peters had a bit of dunhill, navy cut , lucky strike ( from my dad ) then Kent and finally marlboro for many many years until i gave up.

Just for interest, many of the chinese oldies who worked in the kelongs smoked double ace and navy cut.
I started smoking with Marlboro and all the way. Marlboro is best for me.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought its about time we got back to topic. Seems like there might be a law to prevent sale to anyone born after 2000. Is this true?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_in_Singapore

Smoking in Singapore was first banned in selected areas in October 1970,[1] and the law has gradually added to the number of areas that must be smoke-free, now including bus interchanges and shelters, public toilets, public swimming complexes, hawker centres, coffeeshops and entertainment outlets.[1]
On 1 July 2007, the ban was extended to entertainment nightspots, including pubs, bars, lounges, dance clubs, and night clubs.[2] The owner of the premises is legally responsible for the non-smoking of the customers.[2] The law allows for the construction of designated smoking rooms which can take up to 10% of the total indoor space, or outdoor smoking areas that do not exceed 20% of the outdoor refreshment area.[2]
On 1 January 2009, the ban was extended to all children's playgrounds, exercise areas, markets, underground and multi-storey carparks, ferry terminals and jetties. It was also extended to non-air conditioned areas in offices, factories, shops, shopping complexes and lift lobbies,[3] and within 5 meters of entrances and exits.[4]
On 22 November 2010, netizens of Singapore supported the Towards Tobacco-Free Singapore online campaign. The campaign promotes a proposal (which was published in the British Medical Journal, Tobacco Control) to prevent the supply of tobacco to Singaporeans born from the year 2000 which would result in a gradual phasing-out of tobacco in Singapore. The launch was put forward by a team consisting of a lung cancer surgeon, medical officers, a university professor and a civil servant.[5]
Smokers found flouting the rules are fined a minimum S$200 Singapore dollars[6] up to a maximum of S$1000 if convicted in court,[6] while the managers of the establishments are fined S$200 for a first offence, and S$500 for a subsequent offence.[2] Singapore is famous for being clean, with enforced penalties for littering.[7]
Staff working for certain government sectors are not allowed to smoke while carrying out their duties,[8] such the National Recycling Programme.
Cigarette butt littering is one of the greatest high-rise littering problems.[9]

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Real smoking is unfiltered. I always smoke Camel unfiltered.

When in the early 70s, as a young boy sometime no money buy cig, I churi from my lau peh and smoked in toilet. My first Camel bo filter gave me a 'high' feeling. Never had that 'feel' with other brands. Too strong for me.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are not alone Mr Kohliantye.. Happened to me too on Feb last year after my fishing trip at Changi.. I put my hands up and admit that its my fault.. I accidentally threw a ciggie butt on the ground at the Changi Village carpark.. Then just when I was about to enter my car, a smartly dressed bloody nerdy spectatcle guy came up to me and stopped me from entering my car..:confused: Then he showed me his NEA pass bearing his name.. He quickly took out a booklet and saman me $300.. :mad: :( I then protested to him that it was my first time and he should at least gave me a verbal warning for that.. But the bloody bastard was having none of my protestations.. Gave me a green slip of paper and he just walked off from me.. Feeling infuriated, I then shouted at him in full view of other people at the carpark.. A young Malay gal then came up to me and told me that the fucktard who fined me was her partner and both of them were actually Cisco Auxilliary officers attached to NEA.. She told me to calmed down and said that its no use pleading to him because he is the ''on the ball'' type.. She then told me that her partner was a Cisco chap from Malaysia and she kindly told me to just pay up the fine and not to cause any more trouble for myself.. But I was still seething with anger and I ran after that Malaysian fucktard who then proceded to the CV hawker centre and sarcastically clapped at him and telling him that Yaacob Ibrahim the then Minister Of Enviroment would give him further promotion for a job well done.. Sensing trouble, my bro in law then dragged me away from the hawker centre and headed to the carpark and pushed me into the car.. I did not want to pay the saman but my wife was having none of it especially if it concerns the law.. 2 days later, paid up the saman at the AXS machine..

in the end still ball-less and pay up.. talk so much cock but still didn't dare to beat that guy up..

A total 100% typical sinkie..

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When in the early 70s, as a young boy sometime no money buy cig, I churi from my lau peh and smoked in toilet. My first Camel bo filter gave me a 'high' feeling. Never had that 'feel' with other brands. Too strong for me.

I used to smoke Lucky Strike unfiltered in police days. Those days smoking was allowed all over the station except charge office. Even when in uniform on patrol, the rule was can smoke when seated with peak cap off. Smoking in patrol cars was a matter of factly as long as your partner didn't object.

in the end still ball-less and pay up.. talk so much cock but still didn't dare to beat that guy up..

A total 100% typical sinkie..

Last year CNY eve in my neighborhood coffeeshop, my neighborhood friend, for getting caught throwing a butt, punched and floored an NEA officer and ran like hell. I wasn't smoking at that moment and remained still and smiled. The NEA officer picked himself up and asked me for his identity and address. Like hell I would tell him. I insisted I didn't know and there was nothing he could do to me. Frankly, I wouldn't advise that but as a friend I'd have to cover for him. If I couldn't cover him and he was caught, the offence of assaulting a public servant has far more serious consequences than throwing a butt.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Last year CNY eve in my neighborhood coffeeshop, my neighborhood friend, for getting caught throwing a butt, punched and floored an NEA officer and ran like hell. I wasn't smoking at that moment and remained still and smiled. The NEA officer picked himself up and asked me for his identity and address. Like hell I would tell him. I insisted I didn't know and there was nothing he could do to me. Frankly, I wouldn't advise that but as a friend I'd have to cover for him. If I couldn't cover him and he was caught, the offence of assaulting a public servant has far more serious consequences than throwing a butt.

Well, i do not object people admit being a coward and dare not do anything out of the law.

But what bugs me is that.. sinkie like to claim he is so got balls and want to beat the guy up and dun pay any fine, but his fren stop him and wife help him and other bullshit to cover his cowardice.

it is like when you are a coward but use other people to cover it up for you and yet to show that you got balls .... Isn't that a typical sinkie?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, i do not object people admit being a coward and dare not do anything out of the law.

But what bugs me is that.. sinkie like to claim he is so got balls and want to beat the guy up and dun pay any fine, but his fren stop him and wife help him and other bullshit to cover his cowardice.

it is like when you are a coward but use other people to cover it up for you and yet to show that you got balls .... Isn't that a typical sinkie?

It's not about balls that you dare to break laws. It's about being civil and considerate to others. Otherwise, we'd be all ruffians in the eyes of others and criminals in the eyes of laws. I'm a smoker. I agree that we should smoke in smoking areas and dump the butts only into ashtrays. There'll always be laws that some of us find harsh, inconveniencing and even unfair to a group of us. But those are laws voted in by the majority. There's nothing to do with balls.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's not about balls that you dare to break laws. It's about being civil and considerate to others. Otherwise, we'd be all ruffians in the eyes of others and criminals in the eyes of laws. I'm a smoker. I agree that we should smoke in smoking areas and dump the butts only into ashtrays. There'll always be laws that some of us find harsh, inconveniencing and even unfair to a group of us. But those are laws voted in by the majority. There's nothing to do with balls.

i dun think you understand what i am talking about.

You should check on what he had written.. one part he talks about confrontation, the next thing he talks about someone holding him back. And the whole content portray that he can do what he wants to do but people hold him back.. Give me a fucking break lah..... it is not about respecting the law. A person who respect the law do not behave like this. only a person who is an outright coward behave like this.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dun think you understand what i am talking about.

You should check on what he had written.. one part he talks about confrontation, the next thing he talks about someone holding him back. And the whole content portray that he can do what he wants to do but people hold him back.. Give me a fucking break lah..... it is not about respecting the law. A person who respect the law do not behave like this. only a person who is an outright coward behave like this.

Changi Village Carpark is your favourite turf mah so I must restrained myself not to be a hooligan over there if not your business will be affected at night...:biggrin: So why do ladyboys love smoking Menthol ciggarettes Tony? Care to answer that? :biggrin: Ahh F*ck it lah Tony with you and your Sinkie bashing... Don't want to have any fights with you since tommorow is Christmas.. You win lah hor..You got the Biggest Balls in the Whole of Sinkapoor.. PAP shivers each time someone mentioned your name to them.. My respects to you..:rolleyes: Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you ok Tony..

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Real smoking is unfiltered. I always smoke Camel unfiltered.

Merry-Christmas-for-Every-Smoker.jpg

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tourists walking around Serangoon Road and Chinatown blatantly smoke cigarettes WITHOUT the "SDPC" stamp on it.[U]

Are they allowed to smoke such cigarettes when locals are heavily penalised when found with "contraband" cigarettes.?[/U]

Is is a mean to still attract tourists here so that Changi Airport Group can make billions per years from the "Airport Taxes"?.

Sorry, if the above is true then we are following a "double-standard" in Singapore...

Outsiders can do anything and get away scot-free, whereas citizens are taken to ask.Very dangerous precedent indeed.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bro got one brand confirm can give you more "feel " it's call ganja :wink:

Last edited: