• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

all auto cars drivers falls in

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Oz land, Autos sell better than manuals and most new trucks and lorrys etc are auto,,and most aussies cant drive manual anyway. Anyway I personally find european autos harder to drive than japanese manuals...and anyway in todays day and age,,manuals are going the way of the dodos,,unless in one lives in hilly terrains etc where manual is still needed. and singapore congestion soo bad,,shift gear shift till when ah? just my rants

auto transmission vehicle is boring to drive. put to D and step on the gas. then must step very hard when driving up a sharp incline and hope the auto gearbox will drop gear. driving up sheares bridge in a auto car really lose power very fast, and the farking gear dont drop. then drive on a flat expressway, can fall asleep as it so boring.

the constant shift gears in manual keep me awake and focus, can use engine brake to prevent brake wear & tear and rest both feet at the traffic lights. and it better fuel economy.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
auto transmission vehicle is boring to drive. put to D and step on the gas. then must step very hard when driving up a sharp incline and hope the auto gearbox will drop gear. driving up sheares bridge in a auto car really lose power very fast, and the farking gear dont drop. then drive on a flat expressway, can fall asleep as it so boring.

the constant shift gears in manual keep me awake and focus, can use engine brake to prevent brake wear & tear and rest both feet at the traffic lights. and it better fuel economy.

those who smoke and drive with 1 hand prefers auto

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
manual also can drive with 1 hand........you din watch Initial D? The tofu man character played by Jay Chou drive his AE86 with 1 hand only....

can la no prob.sometime i also drive manual with 1 hand when i am on the phone.
but switching gear with 1 hand is possible..provided the steering aliglinement is not out

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Auto fuel economy vs manual is sama sama lah,,,not much diff,,i think about 5% variance...i dont like manual,,,i am a lazy bugger,,after work,,just want to get into car and go home,,cant be bothered fiddling with gear shift,,but if drive sports car different lah,,can rev engine till damn high rpm,,super song,,but hor for normal family car,,the engine and gear sure cannot tong wan

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do agree about the boringness of auto.

But BM have steptronic so can still play a bit la. its not so bad. :biggrin:

Auto fuel economy vs manual is sama sama lah,,,not much diff,,i think about 5% variance...i dont like manual,,,i am a lazy bugger,,after work,,just want to get into car and go home,,cant be bothered fiddling with gear shift,,but if drive sports car different lah,,can rev engine till damn high rpm,,super song,,but hor for normal family car,,the engine and gear sure cannot tong wan