• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alex Tan's speech at Hong Lim Park a success (Check Youtube comments)

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
give that guy a chance lah. he is still young and inexperience and this is his first speech.

whatever methods that thinkcentre or TOC has used means little if there has been little or no change to the present political scene.

if it is for the good of singapore, you guys should have stepped out and offer him some help instead of hiding behind anonymity of nicks in a forum. nobody knows who you are and what you say, really have very little impact.

makes me wonder who's ego you're talking about, alex's or your own bruised ego?

:biggrin:

funnyz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope you meant to be sarcastic here.

He kept looking down at his handphone resulting in the speech being jerky and loss of eye contact with the audience. I've seen secondary school students do the same thing with their tarot cards when delivering address at the morning assembly.

Any difference with the other politicians who are reading from their notes and look up every now and then?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
if it is for the good of singapore, you guys should have stepped out and offer him some help instead of hiding behind anonymity of nicks in a forum. nobody knows who you are and what you say, really have very little impact.

Fuck u la! DUA KANG YAO SIU! U got help first or not? I always find it funny when people comprain about others, and yet behave exactly the same way.

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck u la! DUA KANG YAO SIU! U got help first or not? I always find it funny when people comprain about others, and yet behave exactly the same way.

simi tai chi, lau hum ku. so angry for what? hahaha. i never claim that i can speak better than him. u did. when you giving your speech? or you prefer to whine and whine at sammyboy forum for the next 10 years? LOL!!:oIo:

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
give that guy a chance lah. he is still young and inexperience and this is his first speech.

whatever methods that thinkcentre or TOC has used means little if there has been little or no change to the present political scene.

makes me wonder who's ego you're talking about, alex's or your own bruised ego?

I think I have already said that he passes the courage test with flying colours and has a high base plate. That needs no further elaboration. It is exactly because he is doing it for the first time and overdoing that he should have sought more help. One needs some negative feedback to improve. Pure positive feedback will only kill him. Or the next election he will set up his own rally.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any difference with the other politicians who are reading from their notes and look up every now and then?

The entire posturing of reading from a mobile phone is different. People have the paradigm that someone looking down into a mobile is preoccupied or distracted by a SMS that happened to come in.

One of my friends interested in politics saw the video wondered why the speaker was answering SMSes when he was giving a speech, she felt it was rude, until figuring out that his speech was in the phone.

You are right, looking down into a paper script is nothing wrong for a newbie.