• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alex Tan to YPAP members: “Don’t be anonymous cowards on Facebook”

Donaldson

Alfrescian
Loyal
In his latest blog entry, Mr Alex Tan upped the ante by sending his challenge to have a public debate at Speaker’s Corner to the following YPAP members: Corns Tan, Foo Yoong Kheong, Alan Soh, Sear Hock Rong, Edgar Khieu and the moderator who banned him from posting on the YPAP Facebook, Law undergraduate Genesis Shen.

In his message, Mr Tan urged the YPAP members to walk their talk and “don’t be anonymous cowards on Facebook.”

Mr Tan had been posting on YPAP Facebook forum for the last six months before he was banned for “indulging in name-calling and vulgarities” which even made the headlines in The Sunday Times.

It is not known if he was banned because of his combative style or because the YPAP members are unable to manage his relentless attacks on the government.

Despite being discredited by YPAP members for being detained for 5 days during his National Service, Mr Tan continues to heckle them.

There was no immediate response from the YPAP. It remains to be seen if any YPAP member dares to take up Mr Tan’s challenge and have a “live” debate with him at Hong Lim Park.

Mr Tan’s courage is rare among Singapore youths who are largely apathetic towards the nation’s politics, let alone express their disapproval of the government openly.

Besides blogging, Mr Tan also set up a Facebook group “Vote the PAP out” to protest against the ruling party. Among the grievances listed on the Facebook are – influx of foreigners, disadvanages of National Service, sky-rocketing property prices, high medical costs and low CPF’s interest rates.

Faced with an electorate which has becoming increasingly flustered and disillusioned with its policies, the ruling party has introduced a “cooling-off” day to enable voters to ponder over their choices “calmly” and “rationally”.

The additional day will probably have no effect on its hardcore detractors like Mr Tan who has long made up their minds to vote for the opposition, regardless of who the candidate is.

The unthinkable prospect of a “freak election” is “freaking” out the ruling party which has engineered overwhelming electoral victories for itself one after another since first winning power in 1959.

With victory almost acertained for the ruling party, Singaporeans may be more inclined to cast a protest vote it. The uncertainty arises if large number of voters think in this manner and vote for the opposition.

It is indeed worrying that the majority of netizens are supporting Mr Tan in his solo crusade against the YPAP which shows that the ruling party still has alot of work to do to win disaffected young Singaporeans to its side.

Copyright © The Temasek Review, 2009

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
the sear fellow is the guniang face guy where one of his pic with a nerd and a fat beng wearing all white was posted in this forum last time...

In his latest blog entry, Mr Alex Tan upped the ante by sending his challenge to have a public debate at Speaker’s Corner to the following YPAP members: Corns Tan, Foo Yoong Kheong, Alan Soh, Sear Hock Rong, Edgar Khieu and the moderator who banned him from posting on the YPAP Facebook, Law undergraduate Genesis Shen.

In his message, Mr Tan urged the YPAP members to walk their talk and “don’t be anonymous cowards on Facebook.”

Mr Tan had been posting on YPAP Facebook forum for the last six months before he was banned for “indulging in name-calling and vulgarities” which even made the headlines in The Sunday Times.

It is not known if he was banned because of his combative style or because the YPAP members are unable to manage his relentless attacks on the government.

Despite being discredited by YPAP members for being detained for 5 days during his National Service, Mr Tan continues to heckle them.

There was no immediate response from the YPAP. It remains to be seen if any YPAP member dares to take up Mr Tan’s challenge and have a “live” debate with him at Hong Lim Park.

Mr Tan’s courage is rare among Singapore youths who are largely apathetic towards the nation’s politics, let alone express their disapproval of the government openly.

Besides blogging, Mr Tan also set up a Facebook group “Vote the PAP out” to protest against the ruling party. Among the grievances listed on the Facebook are – influx of foreigners, disadvanages of National Service, sky-rocketing property prices, high medical costs and low CPF’s interest rates.

Faced with an electorate which has becoming increasingly flustered and disillusioned with its policies, the ruling party has introduced a “cooling-off” day to enable voters to ponder over their choices “calmly” and “rationally”.

The additional day will probably have no effect on its hardcore detractors like Mr Tan who has long made up their minds to vote for the opposition, regardless of who the candidate is.

The unthinkable prospect of a “freak election” is “freaking” out the ruling party which has engineered overwhelming electoral victories for itself one after another since first winning power in 1959.

With victory almost acertained for the ruling party, Singaporeans may be more inclined to cast a protest vote it. The uncertainty arises if large number of voters think in this manner and vote for the opposition.

It is indeed worrying that the majority of netizens are supporting Mr Tan in his solo crusade against the YPAP which shows that the ruling party still has alot of work to do to win disaffected young Singaporeans to its side.

Copyright © The Temasek Review, 2009

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If alex Tan managed to bring the guts out of those YPAP into speaker corner for a good bashing. I will certainly be there to watch and support him. However, I doubt YPAP stooges have any gut. These are PAP heavy weight tail carrier without much brain.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I expect no YPAP to take up the challenge, firstly because they are suck at debate, never done one properly before and ended up in name calling. They will brush it aside saying that one out of 4Mil is insignificant, further more they are getting new imports who are likely to re-enforce their numbers.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
If alex Tan managed to bring the guts out of those YPAP into speaker corner for a good bashing. I will certainly be there to watch and support him. However, I doubt YPAP stooges have any gut. These are PAP heavy weight tail carrier without much brain.

dont flatter them..what heavyweight?? a bunch of self-centred nerdy students or incompetent pple that seek to gain advantage in certain aspect of their life through their association with the volunteering work!!! heavy weights depend on themselves and carve out something on their own!! pls edit ur description of those weaklings!!! yes i hope the debate will be filmed as well and shared with everyone!!! I will be there too!!!!! but this Alex chap better stay rational and do his homework on what to engage with them on...some issues are no-brainer and judging from how the main party proper has responded on those issues, I be surprise if the young puppies can come up with anything worthwhile...key is to do ur homework and be confident alex chap....

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
I expect no YPAP to take up the challenge, firstly because they are suck at debate, never done one properly before and ended up in name calling. They will brush it aside saying that one out of 4Mil is insignificant, further more they are getting new imports who are likely to re-enforce their numbers.

maybe they engage ang moh to debate alex in powderful england...confirm ang moh england more powerful than alex..duno if this alex fellow is eloquent enough....

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

True!! my old folks used to tell me that lies cannot beat the truth. Liars have no basis in their argument and thus sucks in any debate when truth hurts the most. Similarly all our ministers and leaders dare not face other world jouranlists and have to rely heavily on SPH & Medi corp to take cover and twist facts. If Singaporeans all stand united during election, I am sure PAP will be smashed to the ground, Only then, the truth will be out and their worms start crawling everywhere. It is about time for thorough housekeeping and bring Singapore back to a real country where we once called home!